Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @soocoolsim - I like the first pic best and the last pic second best. The bay window in the middle is my least fav. Also, you are thinking that it might be okay for me to include spawners in the park, but agree that I should get a nod of approval on it from @Jessabeans, right? I'm still at the upgrading plumbing stages, so no worries - no hurry.

@suzses - The weird thing is that I still couldn't use the gates or doors until I deleted the public room markers for the front yards, which were supposed to be required. I was so happy my sims could finally get inside that I saved and quit with it as it was. I'll have to revisit the backyard option without a fenced front yard and public space marker in the duplex I'm doing now and see how that goes.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited February 2020
    Here's my Paris Apartments 20x30 Riverside #1 - 2 Quai d'Orsay! Sandy we did not even come close to doing the same floor plan! :mrgreen:

3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Haussmann style apartment with Ballet Studio, Croissant Bar and shared laundry on the main level. 5 NPC apartments in the top 2 levels. Shell by Jessabeans - Interior Design by romagi - no cc or cap - For the Orient Express Collaboration - Enjoy!

ZgONr72.jpg

Download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366388

Media: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qAwnSP4T4cvEUuQA7
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Another great apartment @romagi1 . Your nursery is so darling, but I think my favs are the ballet studio and croissant cafe. Links added to page 1. Well done! 😄🌟
  • Options
    @soocoolsim, I've been playing around with the windows and I like #3 using the same one that you have at the top. :)
  • Options

Thanks for your input @ciane and @romagi1 . You both agree on #3 so that’s it. Will post the colours for Jessabeans to kindly replace at some point. HAGN everyone 🤗
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Jessabeans [quoteAlso here is the mod to unlock and select foods on the island paradise resort buffet table for any community lot, for making a self-serve restaurant.

http://modthesims.info/d/523377/update-19-jul-2016-choose-your-resort-buffet-foods.html
    ][/quote]
    Will these tables work once they go through CAW or the exchange?
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Oh la la ... what an absolutely stunning apartment @romagi1 !!! Love everything about it <3 But I must agree with soocoolsim the cafe is one of my favourites too ... very Parisian!!! :)
  • Options
    @romagi1 - What a grand place complete with a grand piano! I do love your colors! My fav three things are the angled counter in the bakery, the inclusion of that wall divider, and the bedspreads in the kids room!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2020
    @romagi1 As far as I know, Ciane used a bookcase from Roaring Heights, but provided an alternative bookcase for the lot. You used a coffee table, and @HollownessDevour potentially used items from RH in some of her builds? Anyone else?

@soocoolsim "Landmark Tomb" lot has no requirements, I choose it because it doesn't have a map marker so it's intended for 'decor' type lots. If you want the lot to be visited you can set it as anything you'd like. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Lot_assignment I was thinking of "Hidden Tomb" lot assignment for the tower of London lot and possibly doing a tomb for the basement/jail or the crown jewels area (but knowing I can't use any cut gems sort of ruined the gems idea.)

@KarilynMonroe2 Every 'townie' sim gets a car, so having the parking spaces just encourages them to 'park' it instead of keeping it their inventory. Having parking shouldn't effect performance. I will check that the stove stays in place when placing it. Can you post a screenshot of the stove/color you used just in case I need to replace it?

@romagi1 I used two of the lights from the coffee bean set Electrifying Illumination Floor Sign on the java hut lot and In the Spotlight Floor Lamp on the Louvre lot. I can find something else to use for the shop sign if no one wants to use the Electrifying Illumination Floor Sign. I would really like to use the 'In the Spotlight' lamp if everyone is okay with it. Yes, other than that the safe, map and the column are all that is being used.

@soocoolsim The Window of All Knowing could easily find its way into a Paris or London lot, it should be fine to use it. I think the Bonjour et Adieu window is a good replacement, but I think that because it would mirror the top part of the set of windows.

@Ciane I'm sorry you are having trouble with the apartments, I never found a good tutorial on when to use the markers and where. Good info about the marker in a fenced yard. Go ahead and use the spawners in the park, let me know which ones so I don't duplicate them placed in the world. I'll double check they don't get duplicated when I place the park.

@KarilynMonroe2 Yes the tables stay set up when I've uploaded lots to the exchange. To check if they stay set up when the world is exported could someone visit the fusion lounge and confirm that there is a resort buffet table set up with sushi?

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on your lovely builds. My daughter has another ear infection so I've been spending time with her the past few days and haven't been at my PC much. I hope I've caught up on questions, sorry if I have kept anyone waiting.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Jessabeans, quick question about plants and trees. For my park in London, I am using the Rosmead Gardens park in Notting Hill as my inspiration (as you gave me the idea, lol) and it has tons of ivy vines covered all along the fences. I'm enclosing the park with a wall/fence and now I'm thinking that putting vines on a 55x20 lot will be way too many plants. Is this correct? If so, I can maybe just put them around the gate entrances.

Were you wanting this park to be simple with maybe a few benches and trees or should I include a playground and other games and activities on this lot? Thanks, and hope your daughter gets over her ear infection soon.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @soocoolsim, Thank you Paula, that's how I think of Paris - elegant and stylish. :) (Not that you need more input, but I too, liked that 3rd window for your station.)

@suzes,Thank you for your lovely comments about the Paris apartment; glad you liked it. :)

@romagi1, Love your apartment Rox. I too was curious how you were laying out your space, and that's cool that you were able to make room for a grand piano in the LR. It was tricky figuring out the layout so that the windows looked right in my rooms, lol. Love your beautiful nursery, your ballet studio and your croissant bar, especially the pink and green patterns in it. I like how you enclosed the trash can - I didn't think of that, lol. :)
  • Options
    Oh, hugs for your daughter @Jessabeans! I hope it clears up well and stays away for the rest of the year. Thanks for the go ahead on the spawners. I used one each lady bug, butterfly (high 1), and wildflowers. (They are active each season except winter.)
  • Options
    @Jessabens, I added the two lights from hipster loft to my store list. I am re-uploading my base camp with the buffet tables set up and with screenshots. I'll be in game momentarily and will check out the buffet tables in the fusion lounge.
  • Options
    I have re-uploaded the base camp with buffet tables set and fixed a few things I found while in there. I also added screenshots!
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366474
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @Jessabeans, quick question about plants and trees. For my park in London, I am using the Rosmead Gardens park in Notting Hill as my inspiration (as you gave me the idea, lol) and it has tons of ivy vines covered all along the fences. I'm enclosing the park with a wall/fence and now I'm thinking that putting vines on a 55x20 lot will be way too many plants. Is this correct? If so, I can maybe just put them around the gate entrances.

Were you wanting this park to be simple with maybe a few benches and trees or should I include a playground and other games and activities on this lot? Thanks, and hope your daughter gets over her ear infection soon.

As far as I know, the Ivy (Are you thinking of using the Old Mill set Ivy?) counts as a decor item and it's not like the normal plants in the sense that the game engine doesn't calculate wind movement on it like it does with the world plants/trees. I think you could place more than 30 pieces of ivy on the lot without too much issue, it is fairly off to itself only by two houses. A playground or games area sounds like a nice addition.

and Thanks
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @soocoolsim, Thank you Paula, that's how I think of Paris - elegant and stylish. :) (Not that you need more input, but I too, liked that 3rd window for your station.)

@suzes,Thank you for your lovely comments about the Paris apartment; glad you liked it. :)

@romagi1, Love your apartment Rox. I too was curious how you were laying out your space, and that's cool that you were able to make room for a grand piano in the LR. It was tricky figuring out the layout so that the windows looked right in my rooms, lol. Love your beautiful nursery, your ballet studio and your croissant bar, especially the pink and green patterns in it. I like how you enclosed the trash can - I didn't think of that, lol. :)

Thanks so much everyone! <3

Sandy, the windows are what I used to make my floor plan too! LOL My dining room is a bit large but I'm good with it. I saw that unused space and didn't want my trash just plopping down wherever it wanted! LOL
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @soocoolsim The Window of All Knowing could easily find its way into a Paris or London lot, it should be fine to use it. I think the Bonjour et Adieu window is a good replacement, but I think that because it would mirror the top part of the set of windows.

... I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on your lovely builds. My daughter has another ear infection so I've been spending time with her the past few days and haven't been at my PC much. I hope I've caught up on questions, sorry if I have kept anyone waiting.

Aw, ear infections can be so very painful, especially tough for the little ones. Hope your daughter gets all better soon @Jessabeans . Great that others may find the Window of All Knowing useful, thanks.

For the Bonjour et Adieu window, I copied the one above and recoloured darker both fields to c0b3a0. Could you switch out the lower store windows (4) in the world for me please?

Edit... Oopsie, there are two wonky windows next to it on the front left side. Could you move and add back using MOO so they position correctly please. I thought I caught them all after fixing something else. I love using CFE but need to be so very careful not to mess up other areas. My apologies for not catching this before uploading.
  • Options
    I have re-uploaded the base camp with buffet tables set and fixed a few things I found while in there. I also added screenshots!
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366474

Added the new link. Great you added screenshots. I’m so engrossed with building my bridge but will circle back at some point to check out all the latest builds in game. Loving everyone’s enthusiasm 😀
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thanks, @soocoolsim
    @Jessabeans there is Sushi in the Fusion Lounge!

Edit: the Fusion Lounge was full of replacements so I went poking around in your installed items list for asian themed items and added them to my list- these are what I found that I didnt have installed already from other builds.

Rice Paper Wall
    Chair of Equality
    Food Sample Sculpture
    Peacefully Piled up
    Pagoda Stool
    Doorways to Happiness by Feng Shui
    Makizushi Counter Island

I'm going to open up a new copy of the world and see if the fusion lounge looks right.
    I thought anyone working on the chinatown area might want to see what has been used in the world already.
    Happy creating everyone!
    More Edit: OMG! The Fusion lounge is so great! I love it! This is going to be my favorite world!!!
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options

Wait what... I missed the link to the fusion lounge. Gotta go back through the thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I would like to attempt to build a Carnival themed houseboat. In fact, I think it would be really fun to have a festival lot with a carnival theme during one of the seasons. What do you all think?
    venice-carnivale-boats-crowds-rowers-having-fun-carnival-87285463.jpg

https://carnivaland.net/venice-carnival/

It seems the proper location for a carnival would be St. Marks Square.
    ▷ St Mark’s Square – Public shows and entertainment
    If the tickets and costumes hire required for the masquerade balls is a bit too much on the bank account, then don’t worry there are plenty of events for free during Venice Carnival. Most of the free entertainment takes place in St Mark’s Square, which is the centre of all Venice Carnival. A programme of the week’s events and shows will be displayed on notice boards around St Mark’s Square.

A large stage is hoisted in the square, which will be where you can watch the daily masked costume runway shows, live music, theatre performances, comedy shows and more. The must-see events held in St Mark’s Square is the award ceremony for the best masked costumes, the ‘Flight of the Angel’ and the ‘Festa delle Marie’, which are the most popular free carnival events.

There are also plenty of modern carnival celebrations with DJ sets and street parties that take place in the square. And to add to the excitement, at the end of the day celebrations will culminate in an epic firework display that occurs above St. Marks.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Wait what... I missed the link to the fusion lounge. Gotta go back through the thread.

I haven't uploaded it yet, I left a WIP version of it in the Chinatown area.

Thanks for checking that the buffet tables stay set up @KarilynMonroe2! It looks like I need to clean some of the store items out of it when I finish it and make sure they've been used by others.

Has anyone used Food Sample Sculpture in a build? I remember Doorways to Happiness by Feng Shui and Chair of Equality being discussed. I believe everything else has already been used.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2 Saint Marks Square was a possible location for the festival lot, but when putting in the lot for doge's palace I realized that Saint Marks is smaller than I had planned and has the mint building as part of the Procuratorie series of buildings. If the festival lot goes there instead of Champs de Mars in Paris, or Trafalgar Square in London it will have much less space once the buildings are in. I haven't had a chance to get the elevator working for the St Mark's Campanile or finish the shell of the mint with the arches that to lead into the Procuratorie. If you wanted to start the lot over you could build the festival grounds on it, so you could plan around the bell tower and the Lion statues. Or I can finish the lot soon and you could build the festival grounds after. I have a rough shell on the landmark lots so I could have a visual idea of what the areas would look like for layout planning. If you wanted the houseboat to dock at Saint Marks I will put in a lot separately for it, so everyone isn't running around the festival grounds in their bathing suits.
    antique-illustration-ground-plan-of-st-marks-square-venice-illustration-id1158712440
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Jessabeans I played around with the elevator last night and was able to get it working by putting it in a basement, connected to a basement hallway the goes to an elevator in the building that is there. I sent my sim up there and it worked great. I put some telecsopes up there as well. So, I don't know what this square is supposed to look like (I'll research it) or how close I can get the festival to resemble the venice carnival (or what to theme it like during other seasons) but I'm willing to give it a go and see if I can come up with something interesting.
    I am wondering if anyone is using the rollercoaster set? If not I would love to be able to use some items from world of wonder and the le cirque esprit. Curious to know also...Will it break the game if you have more than one festival lot in a world or, what if the lot was not set as a festival lot but just a park?
    The Fusion lounge is so perfect as it is, I hope now that others know what Items were used they will also use them, the food sample is just too perfect!
    Edit: Sounds like you have a very good idea of how the square should look so I think I will let you do the main build if you have time- and if there is room for stage then our sims could put on shows there for carnival. I could send you the lot with the working elevator if you want.
    I will work on a houseboat in the meantime.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2 Connecting the elevator with a basement was a great idea. The boardwalk venue roller coaster venue is installed but the world of wonder venue was removed when I started having more crashed with CAW. I wanted to have the carousel in the world but there are so many smaller items for other builds that could use the same amount of install space. The 'premium' store items take up more install space than decor items, as do venues/worlds with lots attached. Maybe you could find an item or two from Le Cirque Esprit, (since those can be installed individually) that would help with your carnival idea but could also be used by someone else in their Paris build?

You can have several festival lots in a world and they will all work, there is no limit on festival markers. Issues with that are at 2am on the season change days (some people play with very short seasons so it would be every few sim days for them) the game will slow down swapping out the items so performance would depend on how many items were swapped for each season and staffing multiple stalls could be an issue.

Just brainstorming, If you wanted to, we could possibly stagger the festivals between lots since there are multiple places it could be, like having a Carnival themed spring festival ground in venice, but instead of swapping for summer it just gets packed up and the other festivals are held in (example Paris for Summer, Winter in London.) I will leave that up for discussion, but I am assuming people would prefer all the festivals be on the same lot?

Edit
    Edit: Sounds like you have a very good idea of how the square should look so I think I will let you do the main build if you have time- and if there is room for stage then our sims could put on shows there for carnival. I could send you the lot with the working elevator if you want.
    I will work on a houseboat in the meantime.

If you wanted sims to put on shows there, I could put in a showtime stage when I finish the lot and you could decorate it for carnival and it could count as one of the showtime venues? (Park maybe?) Then you wouldn't need to worry about fitting all the seasons festival stuff on the relatively small square that will be left.

I'll try to get the lot base finished soon so you can decide what you would like to do with the square area, I'll put it as claimed by you on the map for now.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top