Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 hints at "unexpected" expansion packs coming in 2020

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hope so I'm bored and need a game pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    One game update to fix or add more realism to the game would be great. I want the base game kids backpack decoration to be useable for a kids storage.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    motdk wrote: »
    One game update to fix or add more realism to the game would be great. I want the base game kids backpack decoration to be useable for a kids storage.

I want them to store homework books in it haha, and I also want them to put it on before going to school and take itoff when they return haha
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    The only pack I want is a FIX THE BASE GAME pack.

Sims with personalities, relationships that matter, memories, etc. Any other add-ons (horses, cars, farms, werewolves, what-have-you) just extend the blandness of this game into new territories.

Definitely need story progression on and off switch in the base game tired of micromanaging everything in my game. I want my main household to be able to have multiple children, they grow up and I'm able to pick one of them to play as my next generation main, but I want their siblings to progress in life as well, meet people fall in love and have their own children so the family can continue to grow; so holidays like Winterfest mean something and during those holidays you see how much the family has evolved. Also, ability to have funerals and collect urns from at least saved households or bring back mausoleum to be able to get urns of any deceased sim. Tired of doing so much in a Sims life for them and worry about not being able to get their urn if they died while not playing that household, because your forced to play rotationally because there is not story progression.
  • etoetoetoeto Posts: 4 New Member
    > @NoirStasis said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Definitely need story progression on and off switch in the base game tired of micromanaging everything in my game. I want my main household to be able to have multiple children, they grow up and I'm able to pick one of them to play as my next generation main, but I want their siblings to progress in life as well, meet people fall in love and have their own children so the family can continue to grow; so holidays like Winterfest mean something and during those holidays you see how much the family has evolved. Also, ability to have funerals and collect urns from at least saved households or bring back mausoleum to be able to get urns of any deceased sim. Tired of doing so much in a Sims life for them and worry about not being able to get their urn if they died while not playing that household, because your forced to play rotationally because there is not story progression.

They need to do something about story progression. With previous Sims games I never had to micromanage things this bad. Siblings moved to other houses did very well for themselves. I like keeping to one single sim, I don't do rotations and at some point my town turns into a ghost town.

Also relationships with family members needs to be rehashed. When my sim's mother or father dies it literally means nothing. The "lost a friend(!!!!!)" buff is overshadowed by everything else. Sims need an actual special bond with family members.
    edited March 2020
    I imagine the "Unexpected" "Exciting" and "Never been done before" expansion will be.....Stamp Collecting. Let's be honest, they just saw Knitting beat out the Grim Reaper career in an actual poll. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they looked at that and went "Clearly Sims 4: Stamp Collecting is the way to take this franchise!"

We literally could of gotten at least functioning cemetery lots, funeral parties and maybe the possibility of them unlocking the Reaper to be able to have offspring without cheats/mods; could of been a family business since it would of been a new career. I died a little inside.....
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    The only pack I want is a FIX THE BASE GAME pack.

Sims with personalities, relationships that matter, memories, etc. Any other add-ons (horses, cars, farms, werewolves, what-have-you) just extend the blandness of this game into new territories.

I still think they should name that the TS4 Get Real EP 😂. But yeah... It'd be great if we still got a real generations meets memories meets meaningful relationships pack.

I want them to store homework books in it haha, and I also want them to put it on before going to school and take itoff when they return haha

Yees & Yaaas!!!!

A lot of people are obsessed with clutter items, but those items can be turned into gameplay useful items, like the lotion and nail polish clutter items they can be clickable and "put on lotion" "put on nail polish" option can pop up and like the vanity mirror, nail polish can fit those categories the mirror has for colors of makeup. The lotion can fit the options from spa day ( e.g. invigorating lemon) and give sims a "smelling good buff" and other sims can sniff them when they pass and get a buff "smells good".

If they eventually expand to add have turn on's or offs/ chemistry system to the game, different smells could appeal or turn off sims depending on what they like.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    "they said that some of the packs coming up will be "unexpected" and surprising."

Sure COVID-19 was unexpected and surprising even The Sims Studio is voiceless.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim painted a picture with a shark and not to long later Island living came out. Recently my sim painted a picture of a monkey climbing a tree. I wonder what that could be. I pay a lot of attention now to painting because when they painted it was usually the same pictures but lately I've been seeing different things.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2020
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    My sim painted a picture with a shark and not to long later Island living came out. Recently my sim painted a picture of a monkey climbing a tree. I wonder what that could be. I pay a lot of attention now to painting because when they painted it was usually the same pictures but lately I've been seeing different things.

Actually both the shark (angry painting) and monkey (small pop art) have always been in the game. Cf. this link on Carl Sims guide with all the paintings: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23944.0
    We all like to find clues, but I am afraid those are not.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    List of "Unexpected" and "Surprising" Stuff that could happen:
    -Strangerville 2.0
    -Some decent update regarding other life stages This probably means more interactions for children, teens, and elders.
    -"Big gameplay feature" coming in an update Not sure what tho. Definitely not cars because TS4 worlds aren't designed for them.
    -Updates to most EPs and some GPs Mostly cross pack integration with a sprinkle of BB and CAS items here and there
    -CC and Mod support for Console It's too unexpected for EAxis to do tho.
    -MFPS Overhaul Every item related to Cats and Dogs is added to it in an update. The void is filled with more CAD and BB items to make the pack worth it. Also the name changes.
    -New Pack idea no one asked for 3.0
    -Some kind of Showtime-esque patch which allows your sim to visit other sims' worlds. A singing career GP comes after the patch
    -A Watered down version of Create a world becomes available that allows you to build worlds with 6 lots
    -Newcrest 2.0 and Newcrest 3.0

I don't think they meant farming and/or new occults by the "Unexpected and never done before" stuff. Sure they might be coming this year but they're more or less Lighthouse idea.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Personally I'm hoping for more supernatural/occult Sims like werewolves and fairies. Perhaps even a new type of occult or an improvement on an already existing occult.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    "Surprising" and "unexpected" doesn't tickle my fancy at all, in fact it makes me worried. It worries me because, to me, this means it is very likely that it will be something nobody asked for, wanted, or needed. "Surprising" and "unexpected" do not sound like they will tick off the many boxes that the game needs right now, such as filling out the blank spaces and making the sims more alive, improving things and adding more occults and family play. There are a bunch of things that players have suggested and requested again and again. I don't want "surprising" and "unexpected". That to me sounds like another "my first pet stuff" disaster.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    To me "unexpected" simply means that they have finally released all the landmark packs from the franchise such as pets, university, seasons etc. Those were packs that everybody knew were coming to the game at some point, now they are more free with the directions they want to take and it will be more difficult for fans to guess what's coming next.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I except nothing cool. In any case I don't really pay that much attention to TS4 anymore. I'm just ''curious''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We want:
    - Auto Pack because we need cars in The Sims 4
    - Music Pack because we need bands either rock & pop bands to The Sims 4.
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    ugh i don't care about "unexpected," i want basic functionality like non-blood-related family members recognizing each other as family members so they don't autonomously flirt with their married-in aunts/uncles
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    "Surprising" and "unexpected" doesn't tickle my fancy at all, in fact it makes me worried. It worries me because, to me, this means it is very likely that it will be something nobody asked for, wanted, or needed. "Surprising" and "unexpected" do not sound like they will tick off the many boxes that the game needs right now, such as filling out the blank spaces and making the sims more alive, improving things and adding more occults and family play. There are a bunch of things that players have suggested and requested again and again. I don't want "surprising" and "unexpected". That to me sounds like another "my first pet stuff" disaster.

I agree.

The only EP I think is on top of the list this game needs right now is a Generations EP. I couldn't care less about Strangerville 2.0.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    These are the things the Game really needs (besides fixing the bugs, including constantly using the phone):

- Story progression. Your extended family has a life, yeah! Rotational players will no longer see unplayed housholds decay.
    - Proper Personalities, memories, favourite food and music, meaningful relationships,...
    - More Traits and Ambitions (esp Technophobe)
    - swimming in lakes and rivers
    - Visit the hospital if your sim is ill and Get-to-work is installed
    - Control our pets (if we feel like it)
    - more pack interaction
    - Farming expansion pack
    - Holiday destination gameplay pack (Skiing and Mountains?)
    - Different schools, kindergarden/Day Care and boarding schools gameplay pack
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Bluelle wrote: »

I agree.

The only EP I think is on top of the list this game needs right now is a Generations EP. I couldn't care less about Strangerville 2.0.

I agree so much!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited March 2020
    Horses are all but guaranteed, but I'm curious about what we'll see after that.

What I'd love is a romance overhaul. Online dating (Something with a Tinder-like UI would be fun and relevant), turn-ons and turn-offs (which would totally work for Tinder: we see the Sim's physical attributes as little Trait icons, and a bio in the form of things like wealth, career, high skills etc)

I'd also like to see Mrs Crumplebottom return, perhaps as an added challenge element when our Sims go on dates (particularly the Goaled Event ones). When you're visible to her (think how Jealousy works) she could come over and insert herself into your Interaction Queue (immediately after your romance socials) to reprimand you, taking valuable time out of your date.

Give me that, and I'll be a happy camper.

I'd really love cars as well, but those would be a massive, Seasons-modifying-every-world-level undertaking that I'm not exactly holding my breath for. One that would be WELL worth it, and would be a pretty ideal Game Pack (if not Expansion).

The third pie-in-the-sky wish I have is to see bands.
    Literally all we need is a "play together" interaction (okay, not exactly a small wish) that syncs up a Sim's instruments/singing with other Sims in the interaction. Make it a club activity, and we're all set, or do it like University Organisations and have it as a third item on that tab.
    Bonus points if our bands get offered gigs.

We've got SO MANY bar types, but not a single live music venue (well, not one that's really worth it--WOW, playing a single instrument!). I can't stand clubbing IRL, but I've got tons of nightclubs. What I DO love, is going to gigs (incidentally also a great date idea!). I love me some gigs, but I don't have a single place in my game where my Sims can see live music.

I'm sure we're winding down to a Sims 5 announcement, so I really wanna tick off those three big-ticket items from my wishlist before it ends.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'd love to see some packs with new themes, or atleast themes we haven't seen in a while.

Those are my biggest wishes for future packs:

Time Travel with the option for various time periods. Maybe a medieval European themed world, a victorian world and a futuristic one. However, there should be a restriction for sims from these time periods to not turn up at random other places like San Myshuno.

Amusement/Theme Parks our sims can visit either for a day-trip or a vacation. There could be roller coasters, ferris wheels, carousels and arcades. A pack like this also has the advantage that it can appeal to both YAs and families.

More vacation destinations like the ones we've seen in TS3. An Asian themed world could reintroduce the martial arts skill, they could expand on tomb exploring in an Egyptian themed world and could reintroduce nectar-making in a world inspired by France. A mediterranean inspired vacation world would also be awesome

An apocalypse-styled pack. StrangerVille already looks the part, but was still a bit too silly for my taste. I'd love to have a survival-kind of world in which zombies wander through the streets and sims have to try to survive while finding a cure for the zombie virus (though this theme might come in bad taste given current circumstances :D )

The return of the singer career and bands. I can't believe this wasn't included in GF or CL. Having a singing skill without a singing career just seems like wasted potential. Also, I'd love to have better bands than in TS3 where you can't even add a singer.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff