Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 hints at "unexpected" expansion packs coming in 2020

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I know a lot of potential content is missing but island living is actually one of my favorite packs. Love mermaids to death too 😉
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hope it really is something unexpected, like Strangerville. That would be exciting!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Ah yes, the excitement of all the dumb new bugs and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again.
    I simply can't wait.

Or. Maybe. EA\Maxis will actually fix bugs we have complained about all 2019?

Just Joking!
  • Options
    AelitkaAelitka Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope we don't get a GP farmer. Why? Because You never living The Farm? You don't you don't breed animals for milk / cheese / wool, you kill this animal for dinner. Farming it's a very, very stupid idea for a GP.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2019
    it scares me that they think the big known themes are over when they still haven't done romance ep/gp of any kind :scream:
    don't forget romance i beg

and also i wish the travel theme is not ditched
    for that is also a known theme and i truly wish they didn't just go " here is some jungle and woods i guess"

excited for new things sure but this still scares me a bit
    hopefully one of the new things is happy haunts gp :smirk:

and I wouldn't say no to some big big dragons that very much haven't been done you know *sparkly eyes*
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd love a Generations type pack, a theme park pack and resort pack with detailed hotel/resort management
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Aelitka wrote: »
    I hope we don't get a GP farmer. Why? Because You never living The Farm? You don't you don't breed animals for milk / cheese / wool, you kill this animal for dinner. Farming it's a very, very stupid idea for a GP.

You're right. It's better as an EP. There is so much that can be covered within this theme.

Crops and raising crops can be greatly expanded.
    Different livestock for various things and the means to produce foods that would come from them. Where do you think milk, cheese and wool comes from? It doesn't grow on trees.
    It's possible to add horses to a Farming theme. It might be too much if they were to cover all the areas that could be explored, but it definitely could be considered an option.
    County fairs that would introduce some carnival rides, baking contests, eating contest, livestock judging contests, etc...
    Adding to a more simple life - the production of cloth and sewing.
    More kitchen appliances including a cannery, crock pot and deep fryer.
    Rocking chairs and more country themed CAS and build/buy.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think Horses will be the next GamePack (the first pack of 2020).

I think what this game needs the most at the moment (in terms of packs, not free updates) is a Generations type of pack. Family gameplay has been severely neglected and just Parenthood doesn't cut it.

As a Generations Pre-Patch update they can add the revamped babies we have been asking for for ages.

When it comes to free updates I would love to see cars finally being added into the game, personalities being revamped, etc. (even though I think everything under the hood (the core game) will never get fixed/revamped sadly.

Looking at the routing of the new bikes I would rather not have a horses pack (unless you want to ride in your living room).
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    We already had a pack that went into the future for the sims 3 so hopefully they do the opposite for this game. The sims 4 is becoming too modern for my taste with all of the freelance jobs and influencer jobs they have created. i want my sims to do something other than use their phones.

Yes! That would suit me very well. I'd love the option to play with less reliance upon technology.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think Horses will be the next GamePack (the first pack of 2020).

I think what this game needs the most at the moment (in terms of packs, not free updates) is a Generations type of pack. Family gameplay has been severely neglected and just Parenthood doesn't cut it.

As a Generations Pre-Patch update they can add the revamped babies we have been asking for for ages.

When it comes to free updates I would love to see cars finally being added into the game, personalities being revamped, etc. (even though I think everything under the hood (the core game) will never get fixed/revamped sadly.

Looking at the routing of the new bikes I would rather not have a horses pack (unless you want to ride in your living room).

I agree. but that's a whole different topic though. There are SO many issues with this game.

But knowing they added more coding for horses a few months ago I am almost 100% sure they will come soon.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Soooooooo excited!!!! What do you guys think could be coming that we wouldn't expect?🙈🙈🙈🙈
    Dragons getting their own pack would be surprising.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    But knowing they added more coding for horses a few months ago I am almost 100% sure they will come soon.

Somebody found more coding for horses a few months ago. We don't know when they added it.

Free roaming horses like the ones in TS3 can also only come in an EP. Game packs don't have anywhere near enough budget for them. The amount of underling engineering work, animation, and creating a big world for horses to roam in is way out of a game pack's scope. There is a reason why Cats & Dogs was by far the most expensive EP to make.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    As much unexpected as Moschino Stuff ?

An unexpected disappointment.

Moschino Stuff was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    I don't like when the developers say stuff like that. Why does a pack have to be unexpected to be good? Strangerville was unexpected and the reviews on that are mixed at best. I would rather them surprise us with quality gameplay for once than something random just because it's "unexpected."
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Somebody found more coding for horses a few months ago. We don't know when they added it.

Free roaming horses like the ones in TS3 can also only come in an EP. Game packs don't have anywhere near enough budget for them. The amount of underling engineering work, animation, and creating a big world for horses to roam in is way out of a game pack's scope. There is a reason why Cats & Dogs was by far the most expensive EP to make.

We will see. Personally I couldn't care less about horses though.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Island Living well received? That's weird, nearly everywhere I've gone, the consensus is that the pack is void of content and not worth the $40 asking price...

I think the "well received" comment is referring to the critics. Take a look at the score Island Living has on Meta Critic, it has a solid 84 from critics, the user score tells a different story, oop!

Anywho, I agree that this "unexpected" comment from the gurus is a bit concerining, because there are still areas that players have made clear need improvement/additions. I desparatly want a generations style expansion pack, Parenthood is great and all but I don't count that as a generations type pack. I also beg that one of the big surprises is a personality overhaul, please...
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The next pack will be here in February in all likelihood so we won’t have to wait too long.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    We already had a pack that went into the future for the sims 3 so hopefully they do the opposite for this game. The sims 4 is becoming too modern for my taste with all of the freelance jobs and influencer jobs they have created. i want my sims to do something other than use their phones.

also this so bad I'd live for into the past or ancient packs of some kind it's all way too modern TT
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I am really hoping for more animals. Horses and cattle would be awesome, especially if it had farms that could be owned like vet clinics and retail stores are, but also lived on. The farms would need bigger lots, though, so a new world would be required. The horses would be useful for riding around those bigger lots.

Another thing I wish for would be an update for babies, toddlers, and kids because I want more stuff in the build mode catalog for them and there are so many options for new activities and features with the little ones.

More pets would be pretty cool too, but would probably be a smaller pack. Maybe some stranger stuff like snakes, pigs, rats, or parrots.

I REALLY HOPE THEY MAKE AN OPTION FOR BUILDING MULTI HOUSEHOLD LOTS!!!!!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    "well-received Island Living" :|

"When is Cats and Dogs?" <= Literally no one

OK so the OP references just make it sound like no werewolves and maybe no farm. Yeah, happy times.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think horses should be integrated into an Ancient Rome pack with arena horse races, an antique Italian world with columns and temples, vintage nectar making and togas & tunicas. That would be much more interesting than a modern farming pack.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited December 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    As much unexpected as Moschino Stuff ?

An unexpected disappointment.

Moschino Stuff was pretty awesome.

EP01 Get To Work Photography Stuff... yeah... awesome... I can't wait for EP01 Get To Work Baking Stuff.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It would be great if we can have a Steampunk inspired pack, or else, please give us the Happy Haunts with the underworld theme. A life simulation game should encourage us to live with an expectation to question ourselves about, "what if" and being creative. I will welcome anything that is interesting, unique, new & engaging.

More than that, I hope that they could overhaul the Sims personality, gradual ageing, improve the terrain & stair tools, give us a water tool, a round shape wall, or give us an option to colour the ceiling & many more. Basically, what we need is more option than just playing with things that limiting our imagination. The team needs to work even harder than before, because they need to retain the existing consumers instead of just expanding their target group.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I think horses should be integrated into an Ancient Rome pack with arena horse races, an antique Italian world with columns and temples, vintage nectar making and togas & tunicas. That would be much more interesting than a modern farming pack.

I would definitely buy that.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.