Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stuff Pack Voting

I think EA have dropped the ball on this as you can vote as many times as you want for the stuff pack content , so it no longer becomes a realistic vote of what people prefer , those who have time can vote and vote over again for their favourite

Comments

• Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I tried to go in to look at the designs again but it wouldn't let me because I already voted.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    What do you mean? I voted, and when I went back later to show my girlfriend the designs, I couldn't that way since it said I already voted.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2019
    It has let me vote at least 3 times , Just tried again thats 4 now
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

It usually says “survey already taken”. So how are you voting again?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Do you possibly have some sort of script blocker or ad blocker that may be interfering? Though usually those won't let you vote at all.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Unless you have multiple Origin accounts, you should only be able to vote once since you vote through the main screen.

That said, if you're truly able to vote multiple times, I highly doubt it'll make an actual difference in the grand scheme of things. There are millions of sims players out there. 3 or 4 votes from one person won't change the winning vote unless they're EXTREMELY close.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Are you sure your vote is registering properly? It could be that your vote isn't counting at all if it keeps letting you.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Now that I think about it, I was able to vote twice for the theme vote. I pulled up the survey on my phone, made my selection, and submitted. Then, the next day, someone posted a link. It didn’t occur to me that it was the same survey I had just taken. Also, this was on my iPad. So when I pulled up the link this time it was letting me make a selection again.

So I’m guessing if you use a different device or change your IP address or maybe reset your website settings (cookies, etc) then you’re able to vote multiple times.

The real question is why would you want to? It’s not that serious in my opinion.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Unless you have multiple Origin accounts, you should only be able to vote once since you vote through the main screen.

That said, if you're truly able to vote multiple times, I highly doubt it'll make an actual difference in the grand scheme of things. There are millions of sims players out there. 3 or 4 votes from one person won't change the winning vote unless they're EXTREMELY close.

Yes, that's what I thought as well.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I was wondering if you voted via Survey Monkey, whether you would also be able to vote in-game. But again, I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, and as @Chazzzy points out, why would you want to?
    I just want things to match. :'(