Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Plot Ideas

Hi everyone! I just installed Get Famous a few days ago and was wondering if anyone had some plot ideas? I did a save with a young adult female who moved to San Myshuno and worked her way up to become an actress first. It's really fun and I intend on continuing her, but I feel like it's too similar to my other saves and want to try anything different. Any ideas that fit into the whole pack's celebrity lifestyle?

Also, for those who saw my other post and were curious, I ended up getting Seasons! Let's see how things go - just installed it, I'm excited!
origin id: slayingsims
4677c7a6473e6a278b30e270c9b1e82a.gif

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Sometimes, I'll have a musician work their way up the hard way. Like they'll start off singing and performing in bars and lounges, then sell their music without the help of a label. If acting's in the cards, they'll do stuff that focuses on Charisma or instrument skills.

For your sim specifically, she can probably move into music as a side thing, like many actresses. Or she can focus on charity work. Or she can get into some scandals, like having an affair with another celebrity, having a baby out of wedlock, etc. I don't know what's right for your sim, personally though. Can you tell me more about her?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • -KendallKatz--KendallKatz- Posts: 244 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sometimes, I'll have a musician work their way up the hard way. Like they'll start off singing and performing in bars and lounges, then sell their music without the help of a label. If acting's in the cards, they'll do stuff that focuses on Charisma or instrument skills.

For your sim specifically, she can probably move into music as a side thing, like many actresses. Or she can focus on charity work. Or she can get into some scandals, like having an affair with another celebrity, having a baby out of wedlock, etc. I don't know what's right for your sim, personally though. Can you tell me more about her?

Thank you for the help! These are all interesting ideas I might have to try! Well, her name is Areum Park and she's originally from Willow Creek but moved to the city once she graduated high school. She's kind of? branched into singing because many roles require a higher singing skill, so she's around a level 8 or 9 now, but she just recently started actual musicals. She started flirting with one off the cameraman on set and they started secretly dating each other, but they only really hang out when they're outside of work because she's scared of a scandal. She also started a YouTube channel to get sponsorships, so things were going good. But she used to live in the same complex as Penny Pizzazz and they were kind of friends until Areum kept having to bang on her door due to the whole Loud WooHoo thing until they disliked each other. But now she's moved to a new complex and it's like....Penny always is around ready to fight her! She came to the same place her Meet & Greet was only to spill a drink on her. Areum had a great reputation but since she fought her over it it's been going down.
    origin id: slayingsims
    4677c7a6473e6a278b30e270c9b1e82a.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Sounds pretty interesting. If Penny becomes famous, she could be her rival. She'd also have a chance at earning Starlight Accolades, so every Sunday could lead to them competing to see who got the most recognition.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    Idea #1: When I first got Get Famous, I made a family of two young adults. It was a brother and sister household living in the rundown neighborhood in Del Sol Valley. The backstory/plot was that they grew up in an orphanage. Their parents died and they along with their baby sister were sent to an orphanage. Ther brother is older and is very protective of his sisters and wants to give them a great life. He left the orphanage as a teenager and took on a lot of odd jobs an part-time jobs to make enough money to afford a small trailer like space (made with get famous props and the cheapest appliances and furniture). His sister left the orphanage a few years later after high school and has always dreamed to be a world famous celebrity, specifically an actress. She's self-absorbed but not in a bad way. More like, she's pampered and spoiled because of her brother.You could start the save here and have the brother do a freelancer career, or a part-time career, and sign the sister to and agency.
    I started my game here and a bit down the line, when they had a better house they brought the younger sister in while she was still a teen. In my game, the brother ironically became super famous way before his sister because he was painting a lot for money, and selling paintings gives you fame. He was also mixing music and busking for money so he got a lot of constant fame. He used his fame to talk up his sister and make her more famous. I ended up making the youngest sister very down-to-earth. She really did not like the spotlight and watched as her siblings morphed under the public eye. She ends up befriending a girl in high school whose family owns a huge farm, and spends most of her time with that family trying to feel as though she has a normal life.
    Another interesting point, I spent almost all the money they made on creating a huge house with a decked out pool area but with almost no furnishings. I would always spend their money to get the Get Famous furniture. They were/are rather house rich/cash poor really adding to their story. The oldest brother fell for Venessa Jeong (who was his sister's best friend) but they've been through a lot and he has seriously changed (becoming a famous painter).

Idea #2: I don't know what packs you have but I think it would be cool to have a family or perhaps one sim that has one of the Get to Work Careers (preferably Doctor career) and has a youtube channel talking about their career. It could delve into shoots away from their house where you build sets, or give them sponsorships and the like. I have never played this scenario but it sounds fun. Perhaps they could be in a club with the big stars in Get Famous (included the famous sims not in the world) and regularly meet up for drinks, events, parties, in their homes or in the hotspots. This idea might save you from going back to the actress career. You could start drama or start a Great Gabsy party life feel.
    If its a family, perhaps the spouse could be prone to drinking(or have some interesting trait to them that leads to a not so perfect home) and the children might be bratty and entitled, and they might all have their specific clubs and play around with the reputation system.

Good luck with your new save~