Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with a personal Challenge - P1

I have not been able to get past gen 2 since a family I had years ago. I have not been able to keep interest for some reason.I need your help.
I will start with the world I would start in
Happy Simming!♥

Need help with a personal Challenge - P1 10 votes

Alpine County
10%
SoftSilk 1 vote
Auburn Island
0%
Beach City
0%
Legacy island 3
0%
Storybrook County
10%
buffyballoon 1 vote
Evansdale County
10%
HillyBeth 1 vote
mayfield springs
10%
Zevanox 1 vote
Setra
30%
jillbgBreazonaSatanu_Reeves 3 votes
Other ( please let me know what you have in mind!)
30%
GraceyManoryoashmoJessabeans 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2019
    Setra
    Is the main issue that you get bored with your surroundings? You didn’t really elaborate as to why you lose interest.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Is the main issue that you get bored with your surroundings? You didn’t really elaborate as to why you lose interest.

Problem is there are so many amazing worlds.its just just the surroundings.its the sims i make ,the worlds and jobs i put them in.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Setra

Problem is there are so many amazing worlds.its just just the surroundings.its the sims i make ,the worlds and jobs i put them in.

Oh I see, well in my opinion, I haven’t seen other player made worlds that can match the consistent, intricate, and stunning beauty of Setra. Every lot I looked at was amazing. It’s not fully updated but there is plenty of room to expand. I stopped playing there because of inconsistent performance but I don’t know your computer set up so maybe your mileage will vary. Not unique to setra though. No city performs to my standards on my pc.
  • Options

Oh I see, well in my opinion, I haven’t seen other player made worlds that can match the consistent, intricate, and stunning beauty of Setra. Every lot I looked at was amazing. It’s not fully updated but there is plenty of room to expand. I stopped playing there because of inconsistent performance but I don’t know your computer set up so maybe your mileage will vary. Not unique to setra though. No city performs to my standards on my pc.
    Thank you for voting! I have a amd rx 580 and a radeon 2700 processor.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2019
    While Setra is nice, it causes really bad lag for me.

I like Twin Towns
    http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/twin-towns/

Its more like a county with seperate different towns, so you actually have to "travel to the city" instead of being really close.

Acadia:
    This one feels like a small new england world and its my absolute favorite
    Photos for Acadia: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/acadia/
    Download:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5UvnHipMHZGSmpKVFUxOWR1aG8?usp=sharing

Some photos from my game:

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Acadia

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Acadia

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Twin Towns over view: Swampy town

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Twin Towns: Farming community

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Across the bridges is Downtown Twin Towns

Screenshot-54.jpg

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Rinn Fada by Conorsim is still my favorite that I love to go back to. It's a rural Irish area.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6316863
    http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/rinn-fada/

A close second is Northeney by Norn A quiet and slightly worn beach town with a retro feeling.
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/603670/

Of your list, Beach City, RFlong's worlds are consistently great. I like Legacy island as well, but beach city is ready to go without adding anything. I'm not familiar with Auburn Island or Alpine County though. I will check those out.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Of your list, Beach City, RFlong's worlds are consistently great. I like Legacy island as well, but beach city is ready to go without adding anything. I'm not familiar with Auburn Island or Alpine County though. I will check those out.

All of Rflong's worlds are wonderful! I love Beach City.
    Alpine County is really nice and very detailed, make sure to have a decent computer.
    Northeney is one of my favs as well! I will check out Rinn Fada.:o
  • Options
    thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    I find I frequently have the same problem with legacies, so an idea I am considering in the currently one I am working on is, using the traveler mod from nraas, just moving to new towns every few generations so I can meet some new sims and go to new places once I get bored with a particular town.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I made this sim for this personal challenge. Carmen Bridges. she is somewhat different than my usual .what do you think?
    ts3-2019-12-27-21-43-59.png
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @MemoriiValentine She looks great, what legacy challenge are you planning to play?
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @MemoriiValentine She looks great, what legacy challenge are you planning to play?

Thank you! Im not following any set of rules.but this sim will try to live beyond her means
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Evansdale County
    I have not been able to get past gen 2 since a family I had years ago. I have not been able to keep interest for some reason.I need your help.
    I will start with the world I would start in

I've played in that world before. Super pretty!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    My favorite world will always be St. Claire by Awesims. It even has a save file from the creator in case you don't like empty worlds or don't use mods.

But my favorites of the moment are Boroughsburg, it's almost complete, and Woeford is amazing. Its a small desolate desert town with container homes and shanty houses.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor is Acadia populated?
    Happy Simming!♥