Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 3 of Simsmas: Letters for Father Winter

2...Next

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yo Ole Man Winter,

Its your pal Dr Teeth,

Janice FLoyd and I really, really digged the cool instruments you bought us last year. But Zoot and Animal are really bummed out that they can't join us in a jam. Please give them drums and a saxophone (or any other wonderful zazzy instruments that you can think of.). We'd also love to play as real band not just side by side as individuals. The sound at the moment is truly heinous.
    K2zgrL0.png?1

I'd also like to bend your ear about my manager; a truly cool dude named Kermit. He recently proposed to his main squeeze Miss Piggy Lee and they want a truly spectacular wedding and dream of slow dancing in each others arms at the ceremony. They would like to beg you for more romance options.

nPhdOAA.png?1

Hang loose dude

DR Teeth
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Got another sim who has a wish:

Dear Father Winter

Although i dislike winter months in general, not because of the lovely events or the traditions, on the contrary i love them very much. What i dislike is how much the waters freeze up leaving me with very little to do. I love fishing, it is the biggest passion of mine since a boy but i can't fish when it is too cold out and i wish i could.

If you are in contact with the sim gods? Can you give them a message that would allow me to fish out the trash from where ever i am fishing and throw it to the side on the land instead of back into the river, pond, lake or sea front? Do you know how many times i've fished the same piece of rotten tree out of the nearby lake or river instead of a fish because i somehow keep forgetting and throw it back in? I end up fishing it back up again and again!

Thank you.

Go in peace and love.

Daniel Evans
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2019
    Last one before the year is out (and be prepared: This letter is designed around the snob trait of this sim):

Dear Father Winter

You are so last century! Everything about you screams of being a "has been", while catering to all manner of trash and whiny needy children who'd sooner take what you offer and give nothing in return. How avant-garde and utterly detestable that you'd lower yourself to such extremes!

I do have one request: If you could make other sims stop paying attention to high reputation nobodies and so called "celebrities" when they walk in the door all the time. My perfect dancing is being constantly and rudely interrupted when that awful DJ leaves his or her post to go off cheering such contemptable trash! That station they uses switches off and i have to stop abuptly and my poor dancing shoes are showing signs of fatigue from this terrible episode. Now i have to go buy another pair of shoes while that DJ just stands there like they need guiding with new orders, such as the life of a sheep.

If nothing can be done about that, could you at least find a way of making the DJ, mixologists, the vendor or any other lowly paid indentured servant to stop reacting and get on with doing their job they were trained for? It is simply outrageous behaviour when they act like that at all considering their jobs. Such mindless beasts can't be roaming freely, otherwise they will clutter the way and cause a danger to themselves and myself as well.

(picture linked in spoiler tags)
    80h8wF0.png

Charlene Angelo.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    A couple of letters were found crumpled up behind Father Winter's sofa:

Dear Father Winter,

Thank you for another delightful WinterFest. The snow in Brindleton Bay is getting frosty and the days are long with work and the kids. We need a break from the daily routine. Unfortunately, as a squeamish sim, the thought of camping in the woods or trekking through the jungle makes me want to dance around the living room without music (unlike some of my neighbors).

Estelle and I would love somewhere new to go in the new year. Maybe somewhere for those with refined tastes? We drink only the finest nectar. Maybe we could admire the local architecture that is so different than what we see at home. It would be even better if we can take the kids but with all the chores that we do, we need to rekindle the spark of romance.

Best of wishes,

Dylan and Estelle Yarbrough (Yes, one of us is a bro)

Hey Old Man (Winter),

Nowhere is as exciting at wintertime as San Myshuno. With the bright lights, festivals and different cultures, it's an exciting place all year round. The thing is my husband and I are working multiple jobs to afford a dingy little place and the city just keeps getting more expensive. Our schedules are so different that I only see him about one day a week.

We're always rushing around with the kids. He bartends and I manage to stay one step ahead of getting laid off. When we first moved here, I loved the little balcony behind our place - so unique! I felt so lucky to find an affordable place in the Spice District - rents are going up, you know? The thing is that we put a barbecue grill out there but we never have time to use it. What's more, we share our apartment with some rodent friends that make us all tense. Can you imagine cooking in our dirty little kitchen? Everything is always breaking and while the landlord is a nice guy, he never really fixes anything.

I'm thinking we need a fresh start. I'd like to find a sweet little place with grass and trees, where we can smell the fresh air instead of city smog. My husband and I could try our hands at organic farming. I've never so much as grown a potted plant but I think it would be fun to try something new. My kids could learn some responsibility instead of sass. Oh, it'll be great to escape to the country! We could find a nice little fixer place to start anew. I've read a book about how to farm, there can't be much more to it, right? My daughter won't stop bothering me to ride a pony. It might actually get her off of her phone.

Thanks a bunch!

Lia Germignano of the Spice District Germignanos (Germignani in Italian)
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dear Father Winter,

Thank you for the functional bicycle (Discover University). Now that we have the cycling animations, our Sim household would like to achieve our New Year resolution to get more fit with smart fitness watches, and stationary exercise bicycles.

Failing that, we want some more accessories for our computers: we really need more equipment for our office, such as printers (printer/copier/scanner/fax all in one would be appreciated), computer towers, external hard drives, a CD/DVD storage shelf, an inbox for all the incoming mail, a file cabinet (these also double great as bookcases) to store collections of recipes and paid bills, a calculator or 10-key machine, a pen holder that comes with a pair of scissors, and small storage drawers.

Our kids want new computer games to play, they are always whining that the same four games are getting boring. They are enjoying the new game Simscuffle, but that will probably only last for a month or two before they start whining again. They also want some new movies to watch, and a new Blu-Ray player. Our 8 year old girl says she wants a new rag doll, a pony, and a mobile fashion game. Our 10 year old boy wants a new train set, more toy cars, and a pet parrot. They also would like a trip to the zoo, a petting farm, the amusement park, or the circus. We haven't even seen a merry go round in years. Our 17 year old teen wants a new car, and not just a little toy one. We are still waiting for the Driver's license office to open in our area. If it does, we will probably need to either take out a car loan or buy a used car.

Our elders want more things to do with the time they have left after they have retired. They also want new reading glasses, and a neck holder or lanyard for the reading glasses so they do not lose them. They also want magnifying glasses to see up close better, and simple board games to play with their grandchildren, since some of their grandchildren are not into chess. They also want more bookshelves to store their collection of National Geographics and Readers Digest short stories, and a magazine holder. They miss the newspaper as well, especially the crosswords and sudoku puzzles to keep their mind sharp, and the comics section to borrow jokes from. Unfortunately, even the local newspaper boxes seem to be empty lately.

The toddler in the family wants more snacks, more toys, and a lollipop. But practically speaking, she really needs more clothes and shoes and a new pair of PJs.

Our kitten would like a ball of yarn to play with and a cat tree to hide in, and our dog would like a doghouse to seek shade in the summer (he prefers our bed in the winter), a box of doggy biscuits, and a new harness.

With love,
    Your Sims.
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dear Father Winter,

I need more tools for my job. I need a ladder most of all. I also need a tape measure, scaffolding, a paint roller, a level, a new toolbox, orange construction cones, a box of nails/screws, a staple gun, a hand truck, and a wet floor sign and mop bucket since I sometimes am asked to clean up after I fix plumbing fixtures. A chainsaw for trimming hedges (and occasionally making wood sculptures) would also be useful, as would a lawn mower and weed whacker (though usually I let the gardener handle that). I also could use a new metal or plastic basic storage shelf with space on it (slots) that isn't already used. Some instructions manuals would also be "handy", though the general handiness books are useful. This would especially be useful when I am asked to repair computers, since repairing operating systems tends to require programming skills rather than handiness skills. Fortunately one of my handiness books has a section on computer hardware in it.

Your friendly Sim handyman.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Dear Father Winter,

I have wanted to do the 100 Baby Challenge since I first read about it when looking at challenges for Sims 3 but fear I wouldn't finish due to it being a lengthy trek. Grant me the courage to go beyond dreaming about it, the perseverance and patience to stay on course once I start and the Simagination to keep it interesting.

Thank you,
    Addy

PS. Yes, those cookies are a tradition for my family and I would be happy to share the recipe with you!