March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Re-upload Sims Families?

hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
Note: I only saved my cc and "saves" file for that neighborhood, so if I needed to save the whole Sims 2 folder, I didn't. I tried uninstalling and moving the mods/downloads folder in and out before playing.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    When you say "saves" what did you save?
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Seera1024
    Well, I meant the "neighborhoods" folder since I thought that's how progress was saved if you were to re-install. :neutral: But I've just found my most recent sims 2 folder, so I'm ready for your help now.
    What was the reinstall's purpose? Since you found you're most recent full back up of everything we don't want to put back in something that might be causing the problem without knowing we are doing it.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    At the time, I was using the free downloaded version (base game) from origin, so I couldn't play anymore because they disabled it not too long after. I also had to wait for a new laptop since my battery was swollen. Anywho, I do own the physical copies, so hopefully it's still possible to try?
    At the time, I was using the free downloaded version (base game) from origin, so I couldn't play anymore because they disabled it not too long after. I also had to wait for a new laptop since my battery was swollen. Anywho, I do own the physical copies, so hopefully it's still possible to try?

Yea.

If you had been reinstalling due to some bad CC, we wouldn't want to immediately put back in all of your CC for example.

Have you gotten the game fully installed on your new laptop?

If so, launch the game to make sure everything is working.

Then if you've got the full Sims 2 folder from your previous computer, you can delete the one that generated when you launched the game and put in that folder. Make sure you copy & paste just in case there are problems and it doesn't hurt to keep a back up anyway.

Go into the version of the Sims 2 folder that you pasted (the one that should be in Documents/EA Games) and delete groups.cache.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.