Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really hope we have 5 more years left.

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It'll keep going as long as people keep buying packs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How did I know this was going to turn into another ts4 must end hate thread? :/
    I was hoping to hear more people who would also love another 5 years 🙈 so I don't feel lonely.

Lol they’re just mad at the fact that TS4 is the most successful Sims game to date and as a result it's going to have by far the longest life span of any Sims game :D

That doesn't mean it's more successful than it's pre decors.Sims 2 was work on when Sims 1 was launch, and the same with three.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited December 2019
    I was hoping to hear more people who would also love another 5 years 🙈 so I don't feel lonely.

Lol they’re just mad at the fact that TS4 is the most successful Sims game to date and as a result it's going to have by far the longest life span of any Sims game :D

So the people who want Sims 4 to end in a couple of years are "hating on this thread" and "mad because Sims 4 is succesful"? Don't you think you're being too judgemntal of people? I know there are people who love Sims 4,and I'm okay with that. But a lot of people are getting sick and tired of half-baked packs being chrned out. And you also have to consider the engine Sims 4 is bult on-I cant see it being srong enough to last another 5 years. That would mean the game packs would get less and less cotent and gameplay so the already weak engine coud run smoothly on all computers. If Sims 4 were to last another 5 years,people will start betting really bored with it ad leave it,plus the game engine would eventually crash and burn with 5 more years of half-baked packs being stacked on. Just think of smeone who keeps piling sandbags on top of a small tree Sooner or later,that tree is going to break apart and become useless.The same goes for the Sims 4 game engine-it will eventually crash and EA wont be able to repair it. As I've said before,1 or 2 more years is what the Sims 4 engine will be able to handle.

Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've played since sims 1 and sim city before... But never played so much as sims 4. It's my favourite for live mode play. It runs fine for the game style I play in. I've tried going back to older ones but I just can't get into them after playing 4.

I am not sure at this point I would ever "upgrade" to 5 as I fear it'd be more similar to 2 or 3 which just aren't that fun for me anymore.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Honnestly I'm not mad. I just don't care at all, we are just saying we want it to end. Like when you see a product you don't like, you just wait for the next. And I saw nowhere it is successful, not as much as TS3 at least.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Oh and it is so successful that they always need to cut the budget.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member

I would love another 15 years of TS4!!😍😍😍
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Honnestly I'm not mad. I just don't care at all, we are just saying we want it to end. Like when you see a product you don't like, you just wait for the next. And I saw nowhere it is successful, not as much as TS3 at least.

I agree with you. TS4 is nowhere near successful as TS3 (or TS2 or TS1). "Out there" where EA can't control the narrative, the truth is that people are sick of TS4 and it isn't selling that well. It will never do as well as the previous games because you can't add or change anything to make the game your own. Also, the gameplay is so broken that you can't even play it in live mode.
  • WillowSims_WillowSims_ Posts: 112 Member
    I'm an avid TS player and always LOVED TS3. I really wasn't bothered about TS4 and only bought the game last month. I don't enjoy TS4 gameplay as much as TS3 and I really miss having an open world. However, I'm LOVING building in TS4 and have a slight obsession with it now lol! I'm quite happy with playing both TS3 and TS4 but if TS5 ever comes out I'd be very interested
    My YouTube Channel

☆ Subscribe for more uploads every Saturday ☆
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    I really really enjoy TS4. It's a great game and there are plenty of improvements from past instalments. Building is so much easier, CAS is incredible intuitive, and the semi-open world concept is great (though I wish you could access everything in your neighbourhood part).
    These are things that I wish for in a TS5 and that said, it's inevitable TS5 will come soon. EA wants to make money, and the most popular Expansions are out. Most of the crowd is somewhat settled now and has their gameplay. A few things will definitely come in the future, but I don't see TS4 lasting much longer on original and new ideas.

No one is stopping people from continuing to play TS4 even past the release of TS5. New things might come, but I agree with the majority in this thread here that most of the things that would greatly improve on the game won't come - if the base needs so much longer to improve and feel "steady" then it says a lot about the base itself. There is lots of content still missing out, yes, but the big things I want (better AI or traits actually mattering) are just not possible in TS4.

It's wishful thinking that we will see zoos or theme parks in the game at any given point. The engine cannot even carry out a football match of 22 people so I don't see them being interested or able to design who knows how many types of animals, giving them different animations, and having them all together in a singular lot. Or theme parks; where plenty of things are moving and glowing and having to work in a singular lot? No chance.

But beyond that, I also want to say something about the success of Sims 4 above the other games and it's easy to see why; Console players can actually properly play TS on their PS/Xbox. But even more than that; pirating isn't really that much of a thing anymore, as far as I know. EA has made it harder and harder for people to pirate their games or even much simpler just buy them all on Ebay for 25 bucks (and sell them all again afterward). Nowadays it seems that everything has to go through the Origin store. Meaning that more and more people have to individually buy the games. On top of that, the sales are really good on Origin themselves which helps because any TS has always been effing expensive.

So yeah, there is plenty of content that could be inserted into TS4, but no amount of Packs will fix it's base. Let's rather take the good parts of TS4 and throw them into TS5
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I hope that sims 5 is around the corner.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

Can you tell me where you got this info from? As far as I know, EA doesn‘t publish sales numbers. I remember though some Guru threatening us that there won‘t be a TS5 if TS4 isn‘t a success. I don’t think the would put a gun to our heads if TS4 was the most successful Sims game ever.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 4 has had it's day.

We are about to enter a new decade.

A new year, a new start, a new Sims game!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't see how having a Sims 5 will fix everything wrong with Sims 4.

Well, yeah, it wouldn't fix anything pertaining to TS4 because, at that point, TS4's chapter will be closed.

However, The Sims 4's entire foundation has been compromised due to development woes that EA, themselves, caused. Choosing to spend its early development making this game a multiplayer Sims game instead of the next big leap in life simulation gameplay really compromised the foundation of this game, and caused us to see the most controversial release of a Sims game ever, missing tons of staple and fun features the game is known for. Like, no pools in a Sims base game? The game is practically known for its funny pool ladder meme by people who don't even play it.

I do think, whether TS5 turns out great or not, it will already have one big advantage The Sims 4 cannot ever have, being designed as a life simulator from the start to finish. And, I truly believe that is more likely to bring out better results for everyone.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims 4 could use some serious re-doing of Young Adults, who are basically Adults but... younger.

I agree entirely, and I feel the personality system of The Sims 4 is a major letdown. One thing I hated about TS3 was I was limited to 5 traits. We, as people, identify our own personalities beyond just 5 traits, so it's just too confining to limit Sims to that, IMHO.

The issue I see with asking them to redo Young Adults is that the game has already spent the majority of development and DLC packs on them already, and the other life stages could really use some attention. But, at this point, between asking for every life stage to get more content, I just think it just makes the most sense for EA and us to start anew with the next base game.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I agree entirely, and I feel the personality system of The Sims 4 is a major letdown. One thing I hated about TS3 was I was limited to 5 traits. We, as people, identify our own personalities beyond just 5 traits, so it's just too confining to limit Sims to that, IMHO.

The issue I see with asking them to redo Young Adults is that the game has already spent the majority of development and DLC packs on them already, and the other life stages could really use some attention. But, at this point, between asking for every life stage to get more content, I just think it just makes the most sense for EA and us to start anew with the next base game.

Technically, TS3 traits can be expanded to 7. You get the standard 5, but with the University Life EP, you can get 2 more: 1 for graduating and 1 for reaching level 8 in any of the three social groups.

Also in MasterController, you can add any amount of extra traits that you want so you can even have even more than 7 traits per sim.

*Sigh* I love TS3! <3
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    Limitations at every turn in the game engine. I've given close to 3 years to this stupid little project and as of 2020, I'm going back to OpenSimulator.
    A real simulator that is FREE (as in beer) for any who are interested.

The last round of EA updates and expansion packs has been too much garbage and bug for me to waste money on any further.
    EA are rude to users and customers, by not listening to us, that is not good enough either.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Technically, TS3 traits can be expanded to 7. You get the standard 5, but with the University Life EP, you can get 2 more: 1 for graduating and 1 for reaching level 8 in any of the three social groups.

Also in MasterController, you can add any amount of extra traits that you want so you can even have even more than 7 traits per sim.

*Sigh* I love TS3! <3

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!

I hope we have a new personality system with The Sims 5. I think traits worked best in TS3 because the base game and nearly every pack after it was committed to improving it. The Sims 4 left traits, whims, and aspirations in the dark, with only very small/insignificant improvements after many years.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2020
    This brand is so broken, I am not even looking forward to the sims 5. I am of the belief if you didn’t enjoy four you will not enjoy five. I feel like the packs got even more limited since adding consoles to the mix. I am pretty convinced they are waiting for the next generation of consoles before sims 5 will be announced or released.

Also, I really wish someone would explain why we don’t have sims dancing face to face yet or even slow dancing. Still waiting.....

Good luck to those who buy the new base game without waiting and seeing lol. This will be the first base game I will wait and see. I have loss all confidence in the team and their ability to make a great pack. I buy everything on sale lately except for stuff packs because ten dollars is like nothing but I have to have a use for the stuff pack.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Personally, I won't be moving on to 5. I will add whatever they add to 4 for the course of it's run (at 1/2 price) and then mod the game like crazy to fix it to my liking.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'd be down for ts4 continuing another 5 years and ts5 coming much later if it does

both for the sake of new themes and also for the sake of ts5 being bit more complete game at start if it eventually releases

+ also would like to see some ts4 based spinoffs before new series since we don't have any and that is where the best ideas took place tbh

I'm not very excited to start collecting the usual themes again so I'll probably stay with ts4 for long anyway even if ts5 did come out before 2025
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Let Sims 4 continue just for 1-2 more years,then let's move on to Sims 5. I can just see Sims 4 being a completely broken,buggy and unplayable mess if it went on for 5 more years. By then,Sims 4 will be so broken that not even EA would be able to fix it.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited December 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'd be down for ts4 continuing another 5 years and ts5 coming much later if it does

both for the sake of new themes and also for the sake of ts5 being bit more complete game at start if it eventually releases

Yeah, TS4 is making A LOT of money right now and it’s easily covering TS5’s development cost. According to EA, TS4’s revenue has grown every year since its release and it’s projected to grow even higher to $300-$400 million in fiscal year 2020. We also know TS4 made $75 million in its first fiscal year (leaked from one of the EA employee’s LinkedIn profile) and its lifetime revenue crossed $1 billion in Q3 FY2019. Given the info, this is how I would estimate TS4’s annual revenue since its launch:

FY2015: $75 million, Lifetime: $75 million
    FY2016: $175 million, Lifetime: $250 million
    FY2017: $200 million, Lifetime: $450 million
    FY2018: $275 million, Lifetime: $725 million
    FY2019: $300 million, Lifetime: $1.025 billion
    FY2020: $350 million, Lifetime: $1.375 billion

Letting TS4 end in one year or two would be the dumbest decision EA can make given TS4’s upward trend. They should make as much money from TS4 as possible and use it to fund TS5’s development. TS5 is going to be the best base game ever with the most content if they let TS4 continue 5 more years. Meanwhile, those who’re hoping TS5 to release in one year or two are just wishing for a rushed base game with tons of missing content, as we know EA didn’t start developing TS5 until 2018.
    Can you tell me where you got this info from? As far as I know, EA doesn‘t publish sales numbers. I remember though some Guru threatening us that there won‘t be a TS5 if TS4 isn‘t a success. I don’t think the would put a gun to our heads if TS4 was the most successful Sims game ever.

They made that statement when TS4 first launched. For a Sims game it’s about the amount of money it makes in its lifetime, not the number of copies it sold at launch.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2019
    5 years more or less it doesn't matter.

I hope the game will be completed at the end no matter the time it will take (2, 5 or 10 years).
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    We start over with sims 5 then its back to "where's seasons?" "where's pets?" "where's university" etc.

Exactly! I am not really interested in TS5 and starting all over again. I have all of the current content for the Sims 4, and I am happy with it. I still have so much to discover. I think I would get TS5 after it comes out with a few of the main expansions such as Seasons, Pets, etc.

edited December 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »

Yeah, TS4 is making A LOT of money right now and it’s easily covering TS5’s development cost. According to EA, TS4’s revenue has grown every year since its release and it’s projected to grow even higher to $300-$400 million in fiscal year 2020. We also know TS4 made $75 million in its first fiscal year (leaked from one of the EA employee’s LinkedIn profile) and its lifetime revenue crossed $1 billion in Q3 FY2019. Given the info, this is how I would estimate TS4’s annual revenue since its launch:

FY2015: $75 million, Lifetime: $75 million
    FY2016: $175 million, Lifetime: $250 million
    FY2017: $200 million, Lifetime: $450 million
    FY2018: $275 million, Lifetime: $725 million
    FY2019: $300 million, Lifetime: $1.025 billion
    FY2020: $350 million, Lifetime: $1.375 billion

Letting TS4 end in one year or two would be the dumbest decision EA can make given TS4’s upward trend. They should make as much money from TS4 as possible and use it to fund TS5’s development. TS5 is going to be the best base game ever with the most content if they let TS4 continue 5 more years. Meanwhile, those who’re hoping TS5 to release in one year or two are just wishing for a rushed base game with tons of missing content, as we know EA didn’t start developing TS5 until 2018.

They made that statement when TS4 first launched. For a Sims game it’s about the amount of money it makes in its lifetime, not the number of copies it sold at launch.

I need actual sources please of real numbers, not guestimates or hear-say (Linked-in doesn't count -anyone can make up a number there.)

I know EA has investors they don't want to lose, but I hate when they lie. It makes me not trust them even more. I'm definitely not pre-ordering anything from them anymore. I'm waiting to see if TS5 is good before I buy it.

PS - I've looked at their official financial reports and they never give any real hard numbers for any one specific game - it is all cumulative. So saying that TS4 is purely responsible for all the profits in The Sims series isn't true. More than likely, TS3 is actually helping out quit a bit (since it still sells so well) and all the other The Sims products.