Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chin growth from a teen to young adult.

I've played a lot of Sims 4 but I've never noticed this before. One of my Sims aged up from a teen to a young adult and her chin got much bigger. I decided to test what would happen to her little sister's face and I aged her up on CAS. Turned out that her chin grew up as well.
I wonder if this has always been a thing, but it just hasn't happen to me earlier. Whenever I age my Sims up from teen to young adult, they always look pretty much the same.

Here are screenshots of the sisters as teens and young adults.
Here's Rose. She's still a teen on the left picture and young adult on the right. Her chin looks much bigger and her face looks more masculine.
244fVfO.pngLy8bJiW.png

Here's Apple. Her chin and face shape changed even more than Rose's. The whole bottom part of her face looks a lot different.
WIYuX7I.pngnbVBzIO.png

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    it's always been a thing.
    your girls look much better in the after pictures.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    it's always been a thing.
    your girls look much better in the after pictures.

Really? Maybe it's rare then. I've had lots of teens that have aged up to young adults. They've only had minor changes on their faces but I've never noticed big changes on their chins. I've rarely had "chinless" teens when aging up a child, so maybe it happens more frequently with them. I've always thought that teens look too much like young adults, but I guess I'm changing my mind now. I like this feature and I wish it happened to my Sims more often. Now that I know about it, it's much more exciting to see the changes when teens grow up.
    Thanks a lot for replying. :)
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So far as I can tell, everyone widens a bit, from teen to ya. And irl even women's jawline do fill out more from being say 14, to reaching full maturity so it reflects real life.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Most of my teens have had their jawlines change at least a little when they grew up. Usually this has been a good thing, especially for the boys. They usually have to grow into the family nose.