Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theres no slow dancing???

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Nobody knows for sure beyond speculation, but there seems to be some serious issue with the developers getting Sims to actually interact with one another. Most of the group interactions are messy. Take, for instance, snowball fights. They won't even face each other as they throw snowballs, lol. It's such bad and embarrassing quality that it's actually laughable.

Group dancing suffers the same problem. Unless you're doing the synchronized dance moves where Sims look like robots doing the same exact dance routine, they don't dance together. They just dance, while happening to be near each other.

When people are disappointed in The Sims 4, it's really things like that which come up in conversation. Ending support of The Sims 3 and scrapping open world to start all over with the purpose of focusing on Sims themselves should have resulted in things like this to be the LEAST likely scenario. But, as we see, that's not the case, and then the next question that comes up is, beyond the obvious cash-grab, what is The Sims 4's purpose and contribution to the series?

Yeah, Sims 3 (and maybe 2? sorry) has a *fast* dance "with" interaction that looks really smooth, like whoa skillz! Haha. It may not fit every clumsy, ol' sim but they DEFINITELY dance *together,* even fast, if you direct them to dance with and not just dance (near).

I tried to start this at 29 seconds, but it won't. :/ This video is jittery and laggy, but these dances look REALLY smooth in my game, I swear. Haha. :D

https://youtu.be/Ezrpr9s_o1s?t=29

And then there are apparently more club dances that I haven't experienced yet (except table dance, hehe), because I just haven't done all the stuff or played clubs much (and skill is involved). I see them in the video now. Awesome. They all work well together.

And then there's the Smustle, more common in Sims 2 since it doesn't require any skill. Sims 2 sims do that all the time, including together. It's AWESOME.

The two couples dancing in the beginning of that video are exactly what I was talking about. It just feels far more natural to the point where it feels the two Sims acknowledge the other's presence. In The Sims 4, you can click dance together, but they'll dance completely off from one another, and could even be several feet apart. Not sure how that constitutes "dancing together".
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The dancing in Sims 4 is Dum would be nice if they would bring slow dancing back it shouldn't be to difficult because they have already done it before they just dont' want to be bothered.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I shudder to think what slow dancing would even look like, given how ridiculous these sims dance just by themselves.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Sacrificial has a great slowdance mod. I have it but I still hope we get it in the game.

Can i get that mod

Yes. Just Google slowdance mod. Not only can you slowdance but you can also dance close and makeout when slowdancing.

It didnt work

Nobody knows for sure beyond speculation, but there seems to be some serious issue with the developers getting Sims to actually interact with one another. Most of the group interactions are messy. Take, for instance, snowball fights. They won't even face each other as they throw snowballs, lol. It's such bad and embarrassing quality that it's actually laughable.

Group dancing suffers the same problem. Unless you're doing the synchronized dance moves where Sims look like robots doing the same exact dance routine, they don't dance together. They just dance, while happening to be near each other.

When people are disappointed in The Sims 4, it's really things like that which come up in conversation. Ending support of The Sims 3 and scrapping open world to start all over with the purpose of focusing on Sims themselves should have resulted in things like this to be the LEAST likely scenario. But, as we see, that's not the case, and then the next question that comes up is, beyond the obvious cash-grab, what is The Sims 4's purpose and contribution to the series?

Yeah, Sims 3 (and maybe 2? sorry) has a *fast* dance "with" interaction that looks really smooth, like whoa skillz! Haha. It may not fit every clumsy, ol' sim but they DEFINITELY dance *together,* even fast, if you direct them to dance with and not just dance (near).

I tried to start this at 29 seconds, but it won't. :/ This video is jittery and laggy, but these dances look REALLY smooth in my game, I swear. Haha. :D

And then there are apparently more club dances that I haven't experienced yet (except table dance, hehe), because I just haven't done all the stuff or played clubs much (and skill is involved). I see them in the video now. Awesome. They all work well together.

And then there's the Smustle, more common in Sims 2 since it doesn't require any skill. Sims 2 sims do that all the time, including together. It's AWESOME.

The two couples dancing in the beginning of that video are exactly what I was talking about. It just feels far more natural to the point where it feels the two Sims acknowledge the other's presence. In The Sims 4, you can click dance together, but they'll dance completely off from one another, and could even be several feet apart. Not sure how that constitutes "dancing together".

That guy looks like hes twerking XD

That guy looks like hes twerking XD

ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I shudder to think what slow dancing would even look like, given how ridiculous these sims dance just by themselves.

Haha :p

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they're saving it for a romance pack. If you're open to using mods thepancake1 I think hes called, has one call interactions from the past. They can slow dance, dance on counters, use small telescopes, the sky dive machine. I love it when my sims autonomously slow dance it's so cute. <3

Romance has been majorly neglected in this version. Remember the fact that we only have one official wedding dress in the game? It's just really sad. I hope next year there's a Hot Date pack sort of deal, with a honey moon location, chemestry, turn ons and turn offs, more wedding stuff and improved date system. Plus lots of new romance interactions.

And perhaps honeymoon suites hotels.
    I really liked the option to slow dance in TS3 why did they take it out?

There's a mod for that, though, the Passionate Romance Mod. You can look it up. It's quick and painless to extract into your Mods folder and it works and comes with some other niceties. My only beef with it is the slow dance seems to take way longer than can be justified, but they do get relationship perks from it.

Slowdance comes with his slowdance mod.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Yes please, I'd like slow dancing to come back, also cuddling, and sims following their love interests around the house, which I remember from Sims 2 (unless that was from a mod?). We also need real consequences for cheating on spouse or lover.

And yes yes, I would love a honeymoon EP, and would even pay full price for it, but only if it brought lots of romantic interactions, wedding dresses/new suits/outfits for family too, and a world with working hotels & full wedding party venues, perhaps traditional and unconventional like in Las Vegas. Oh and a divorce court would be hilarious. I recall Sims 3 had a court system, but I don't recall if it handled divorce.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not from a mod. When those relationship numbers are high enough, the attraction bolts in 2 or 3 territory, and double hearts, all sorts of romantic simnanigans ensue spontaineously. The relationship is strong, intense, and there's no TS4 style flirting with other sims. The consquences would be quite severe if it did. To further enliven things, there was grumpy old Mrs. Crumblebotton in the community lots. Woe betide the lovers displaying their feelings when she's around!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they're saving it for a romance pack. If you're open to using mods thepancake1 I think hes called, has one call interactions from the past. They can slow dance, dance on counters, use small telescopes, the sky dive machine. I love it when my sims autonomously slow dance it's so cute. <3

Romance has been majorly neglected in this version. Remember the fact that we only have one official wedding dress in the game? It's just really sad. I hope next year there's a Hot Date pack sort of deal, with a honey moon location, chemestry, turn ons and turn offs, more wedding stuff and improved date system. Plus lots of new romance interactions.

And perhaps honeymoon suites hotels.

or love hotels

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @APotts I second your post, except if honeymoon ep came out, I want a large focus of it to be INTERACTIONS. Not keen on another object pack.
    To further enliven things, there was grumpy old Mrs. Crumblebotton in the community lots. Woe betide the lovers displaying their feelings when she's around!

I forget about her. :D That's the type of stuff that made the previous games so awesome, the little details and the unexpected. It is also the missing ingredient from Sims 4.
    JamieAKY wrote: »
    @APotts I second your post, except if honeymoon ep came out, I want a large focus of it to be INTERACTIONS. Not keen on another object pack.

Once upon a time a new EP meant we got both. Every EP brought lots of things to be discovered, for all age groups, and you could spend months figuring it all out. Now after a week, or less in the case of GPs, I feel like I have done it all. I guess that is what I mean. I want a romance pack that will wow me. A mixture of stuff from past games with some new things added in to spice it up.

We need a working attraction system coupled with whims that make sense, for example I have two single Sims who are best friends. They spend all their time together, should I advance the relationship? I keep waiting for a sign, a whim that says 'explore the possibility' when the friendship and attraction is high enough could be interesting. If you dismiss it it won't return for awhile, and the other sim might turn you down if they are more attracted to someone else, so you'd need to woo them away.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And I guess there will never be this option.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I've been playing TS2 since it came out and am still finding new things. That team knew how to pay attention to the details, even the little ones, and make a well-crafted game. More like a work of art than something mass produced. They cared! If the present team does, then the upper management does not, otherwise TS4 would be TS2 on steroids.

They cared!

This exactly! Sims 2 was indeed a labor of love. I would like to see that love return. That isn't to say that Sims 4 isn't good, it has it's moments, it just lacks that something special that past games brought to the table. I get bored way too quickly.
    With the sims 5 coming out will this ever be an option

With the sims 5 coming out will this ever be an option

I sincerely hope so.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I've been playing TS2 since it came out and am still finding new things. That team knew how to pay attention to the details, even the little ones, and make a well-crafted game. More like a work of art than something mass produced. They cared! If the present team does, then the upper management does not, otherwise TS4 would be TS2 on steroids.

It's crazy how The Sims 2 still holds up even to this day.

Sure, the fashion trends are a little different now than they were in 2005, and that's reflected by the CAS options in-game, but that doesn't matter to me at all. I still play it because it focused on all the right things that makes sense in a Sims game. Life simulation and balanced game design, detailed gameplay, smart Sims that develop as you play them, and great game progression remains unmatched by the successor titles.
    Hear, hear! For those of you fantasizing about TS5, unless there is a major change at all levels concerned it will be TS4 on a (hopefully) better game engine. The TS5 grand poobah would need to care, like the one for TS2 cared. When the HGIC (head guru in charge) cares, they all care.
    Hear, hear! For those of you fantasizing about TS5, unless there is a major change at all levels concerned it will be TS4 on a (hopefully) better game engine. The TS5 grand poobah would need to care, like the one for TS2 cared. When the HGIC (head guru in charge) cares, they all care.

Hopefully I thought it would end on TS4

• AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    This has been an issue for a while now. The thing about previous installments of the franchise is, in my opinion, that they all had personality, humor that wasn't skittish, charm, and a bit of cheekiness thrown in that solidified the series. Plus, it had enough content in the BG to still be fun without an M rating. Except for 1 excluding packs... but I'm not going there. Sure, they were wacky enough to not be considered just another bland life simulator (in my book anyway, certain people I know would beg to differ, lol). But with 4, there's a definite disconnect between Sims. Whether it's due to money or otherwise, I don't feel the interactions have much value, for lack of a better word. After logging 600+ hours into this I hardly see where it's gone, but if I need mods to really feel immersed in a life simulator, just for something as small as slow dancing... then yeah, there's a bigger problem somewhere. I understand limitations, but the romance in this game just comes off as bare bones in general. Stare Lovingly Into Eyes or whatever it's called is the only one I feel that can be regarded as more romantic, the rest seems a bit awkward. No decent collection of rings (like wedding and promise rings) or In-Laws either.

Even with the Parenthood pack there's a significant lack of family time, or just snuggling/hanging out in general. Though I enjoy some packs, it's spread so thin to make money that it's almost funny. Never did I think I'd say the freaking 'Gomez' arm kiss from 2 was one of the highlights of my old sims save. Big kudos to Sacrificial for helping me relive my nostalgic playthroughs, just saying. I doubt we'll see a return of the slow dance at this point, although I'll happily eat those words. Dancing is more synced instead of fun, but perhaps this is a reflection of the times...

Honestly, I hope it isn't anything that 'deep'. :|
    This has been an issue for a while now. The thing about previous installments of the franchise is, in my opinion, that they all had personality, humor that wasn't skittish, charm, and a bit of cheekiness thrown in that solidified the series. Plus, it had enough content in the BG to still be fun without an M rating. Except for 1 excluding packs... but I'm not going there. Sure, they were wacky enough to not be considered just another bland life simulator (in my book anyway, certain people I know would beg to differ, lol). But with 4, there's a definite disconnect between Sims. Whether it's due to money or otherwise, I don't feel the interactions have much value, for lack of a better word. After logging 600+ hours into this I hardly see where it's gone, but if I need mods to really feel immersed in a life simulator, just for something as small as slow dancing... then yeah, there's a bigger problem somewhere. I understand limitations, but the romance in this game just comes off as bare bones in general. Stare Lovingly Into Eyes or whatever it's called is the only one I feel that can be regarded as more romantic, the rest seems a bit awkward. No decent collection of rings (like wedding and promise rings) or In-Laws either.

Even with the Parenthood pack there's a significant lack of family time, or just snuggling/hanging out in general. Though I enjoy some packs, it's spread so thin to make money that it's almost funny. Never did I think I'd say the freaking 'Gomez' arm kiss from 2 was one of the highlights of my old sims save. Big kudos to Sacrificial for helping me relive my nostalgic playthroughs, just saying. I doubt we'll see a return of the slow dance at this point, although I'll happily eat those words. Dancing is more synced instead of fun, but perhaps this is a reflection of the times...

Honestly, I hope it isn't anything that 'deep'. :|

Staring lovingly is boring i liked this option in TS2 because you can "move closer" or "move hands down" smth like that

edited December 2019

It's crazy how The Sims 2 still holds up even to this day.

Sure, the fashion trends are a little different now than they were in 2005, and that's reflected by the CAS options in-game, but that doesn't matter to me at all. I still play it because it focused on all the right things that makes sense in a Sims game. Life simulation and balanced game design, detailed gameplay, smart Sims that develop as you play them, and great game progression remains unmatched by the successor titles.

Problem with TS2 though is townies didnt age. Also if you didnt play your Sims parents and played their children the children become elders before their parents. TS2 was perfect except for that aspect.