Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Sprits, Sulani only?

Probably a stupid question, but are the island sprits interactable with only on Sulani? As an experiment made island spirits a lot trait for a house I've made in the regular part of magic realm. The spirits show up regularly and abundantly but sims can't interact with them. Tried this as I prefer to use Sulani as a vacation destination as that's all it's really good for.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have also found that something causes the Island Spirits to not work properly in Sulani as well. They will be there, but my sims can't interact with them, even removing the lot trait for this doesn't fix them either.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'm pretty sure you need the Child of the Islands trait to interact with the spirits. The lot trait only makes the spirits appear. It doesn't give your sims the ability to interact with them, not even in Sulani.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I gave a lot in Brindleton Bay the Island Spirits trait. When I visited with a sim, she was able to interact with the spirits normally (got the Less hunger result, no Child of the Islands trait required). That was before the december patch, though.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you need the Child of the Islands trait to interact with the spirits. The lot trait only makes the spirits appear. It doesn't give your sims the ability to interact with them, not even in Sulani.

My sims don't have that trait and can interact with the spirits. I added the lot trait in a few other worlds. It's just very finicky and you have to rotate and click just the right spot on the spirit.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Seems like: a) something needs fixing b) EA needs to level with us so there's no guessing. Still, thank you all.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited December 2019
    Maybe they should make the click radius of the spirits bigger? I've had a few tries trying to click on the spirits before on various lots in Sulani alone and agree with @IceyJ that they are fickle at best and it's better to pause and try to click on them before they might end up vanishing. Besides, interacting with them only gives you a few emotional buffs/debuffs but apart from that it's not exactly all fascinating.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png