Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Contest - Win a World or Venue!

I logged in, and realized I still have some sim points left. Since I own the store, thanks to a lot of AWESOME simmers in the Complete a Set thread, I want to share with others, and help someone else get things they want. So, it's contest time again!! Since it's almost Christmas, the deadline will be December 21, 2019. The contest is easy - build a lot, any size, with a Christmas theme. This should be a community lot of some sort, something the sims will use, or if you can think of a good idea for one, a residential lot might work. The more interesting, the better. Store content allowed, but no custom, please, to be fair to those who don't like using that. Post pics of the lot here, and a good description, and upload to the exchange, so I can see the lots in-game, too. Be creative. The prize will be a really nice item for someone, any world you can get with sim points (sorry, can't manage the others), or a venue, or even a premium item, if that's what the winner prefers.

If others with points left want to join in, we can add some prizes to this, and make more simmers have a Merry Christmas!

Rules:

1. No custom content.
2. Christmas themed.
3. Any size lot is allowed, as long as it is standard to the game.
4. Try to use a flat lot, so it will fit into worlds more easily. If not possible, be sure to list the world and address where the lot works best.
5. Include plenty of pics so we can all see how the lot looks from various angles. Seeing sims using it would be great, too!
6. Be sure the work is all yours. Don't copy or alter an existing lot, or a lot someone else created.
7. Post if you intend to enter, so I know how many entries to expect.
8. Post if you want to contribute a gift as well.
9. Include a link in your entry to the item you want if you win.
10. Include what the Christmas holiday means to you, or to your sims. A good story to accompany the lot can go a long way.

Yes, I did specify Christmas, but understand not all celebrate the day, so if you have some other idea suited to the season, that could be considered as well. Creativity is the key here. Hope to see some simmers interested, as I really want to be able to gift an active player! I still love this game, and don't even own the new one. Plenty to do in this and TS2, as far as I am concerned.

If a lot of people really want to use custom content, can consider changing that, but let's discuss first.

Alright, that's it. Let me know what you think, and if you plan to participate. You could enter for another simmer, too, as long as they have a wishlist posted, if you have everything yourself. I'm flexible that way. Have fun!

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    This is a brilliant idea. I'll spread the word. I might play around with something to gift to someone else. You are awesome!
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Appreciated! Have the points, and I'd rather someone get to use them that still plays, rather than gifting random people.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'll join in.I love XMAS
    I would prefer CC free myself so that works.
    And you said store items are okay, what about CAP?(create a pattern) is that considered CC?
  • piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    I'll join in, too!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @LadyGreenEyes
    Is the contest still going on? Deadline is almost here but haven't seen anything.
    For me, Christmas is all about connecting with people and with yourself. What better way to do that if not in a cozy library where you can chat with your neighbours or dive into a great book?
    Winter Wonderland, as locals call it, used to be a farmhouse and about ten years ago it was turned into a local library. Despite its small size, everybody can find something interesting in there. Lots of books donated by generous people over the years, a computer, a telescope. There might even be an easel in the storage room where many decorations, bookshelves and unused farm equipment are kept. The first days of December mean that Christmas is around a corner. A beautiful tree, which used to grow in the back of the building, is now covered in ornaments and shines by the fireplace with some presents laying under it. All of the Christmas lights which hang on the walls add even more magic to that place.
    What stories can your sims discover there? Maybe the library will witness ones coming to life?
    49244276228_ae8856cbef.jpg
    49244746866_9faeed4b72.jpg
    49244276128_255b1800cc.jpg

49244961147_da2df6c8ee.jpg
    49244276203_b00fcd642c.jpg
    49244746811_2f2ec843da.jpg
    49244961117_eb3faa4c26.jpg
    49244746751_46722ed5a0.jpg
    49244961092_e7fdfa4f90.jpg
    49244275843_db667d6da8.jpg
    49244746666_1196fe5804.jpg
    49244961377_65e4c8795a.jpg
    49244747031_4d12d76e98.jpg
    49244276098_0b7ce6e5df.jpg
    49244276053_52bb419f4c.jpg
    If I won, I would love to get Midnight Hollow
    Here is the link to the exchange page :smile:
    What a lovely library @piotr1562512 !

I did build a little lot on a 20x20 but my launcher didn't want to upload; and I couldn't get the sims to ice skate on the pond.
    @ciane thank you so much! I'm really sorry you didn't manage to upload, would love to see your build :disappointed:
    edited December 2019
    It is a small lot that is for fishing or skating (but the skating wasn't working for me):
    blu.png
    It had the bakers oven inside and the pizza ovens and Japanese grill outside.
    screenshot-23-6.jpg
    It had a bookcase for reading as well as a t.v. and stereo.
    screenshot-32-4.jpg
    It's just a place to hang out. The Christmas tree is merged with the fir tree for winter and a water sprinkler shows up for summer.
    But, my studio is too full according to my launcher. The launcher has been very challenging for me lately. It just won't let me upload sometimes and this is one of those times.
  • CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    edited December 2019
    @piotr1562512 and @ciane
    Great Job!! I'm keeping it short and sweet because it's super late for me again :D

For me Christmas is our own family traditions that we have made. The time for us to come together. It doesn't always work out that way, but we think of each other always and especially this time of year. A time for love, peace and joy. Why can it not always be so?

I decided to show my build that I gave up on a couple of times. It has some issues with the roof disappearing in town mode, lighting issues, and you can see floor where there should be none when in camera mode. No problems in build mode that I saw. So, I rushed it tonight to get it on here because I already put a lot of work and overthinking into this lot. It's my first community lot and there is much I need to learn.

Anyway, it's an ice castle theme. Not meant to mimic the movie Frozen.
    Small Park 40x40 Lot
    71 N Falls Ave
    Moonlight Falls

I can imagine this lot for Holiday parties and just all out winter fun! Indoor ice skating, arcade machines, snowboarding on the roof and playground.

Download here
    More images here

If I'm not disqualified for technical issues and submitting late I would love to get Aurora Skies or anything on my wish list really.

screenshot-154.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-173.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-155.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-176.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-182.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-178.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-170.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-179.jpg?w=1024
    screenshot-157.jpg?w=1024

Merry Christmas!

Post edited by CidyWolf on
    edited December 2019
    That is absolutely gorgeous @CidyWolf ! A true fairy castle with lots of fun winter activities. I love it. Did you include a link that I missed?

Here's the link for @CidyWolf's build:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9353992
  • CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    Thank you @ciane
    I did forget the link. I was in such a rush last night, eek!
    Thank you for posting it for me <3
    I added a link to more images in the post as well. I'm still working my way around WordPress, but it works for now :D