Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did The Sims Team do an oopsie In today's patch?

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
I have Discover University's hairstyles that were converted for toddlers and kids and according to the patch notes that is not intended?

XZaSsSs.png

EUTjCyw.png

They are listed as BG.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They are supposed to be BG. Only the adult versions of these hairstyles are tied to certain packs as they have been.

Haa ok! Got it!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yep. I got some of the afro-textured DU ones even though I don't have the pack yet, and I thought it was nice because kids and tots were lacking afro hairstyles.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yep. I got some of the afro-textured DU ones even though I don't have the pack yet, and I thought it was nice because kids and tots were lacking afro hairstyles.

Yeah, I got some CC-hair for my sims that has afro-hair. This is a great update.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    I love that they converted some of the hairstyles for children and toddlers, since even with the kid and toddler packs there's was still a lacking in more options. More afro textures for the younger sims were definitely needed. Couple more I'd like to see but very good start. S'also great for people that don't have the packs either and just have base game or perhaps one other pack.

Also, irony as I been seeing the baby yoda on my youtube feed and now theres a sculpture in the game for him. I have not been on the internet for too long much less watch tv to know a baby yoda existed and I'm thinking "I WANT TEN OF THEM"
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    More hair for the kid/toddlers is pretty cool.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm not at my computer tonight, are there any others in addition to those two?

Do we have any other freebies?
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited December 2019
    @elanorbreton
    they added 3 hairstyles for toddlers and 12 for children. You can see a picture of all the hairs at this link. https://simsvip.com/2019/12/12/the-sims-4-latest-patch-adds-new-hairstyles-for-children-toddlers/
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I hope that's not an accident. It's really cute
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Simprincess thank you <3
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nice to see the kids and toddlers finally get a small update on hair both life stages are so ignored just wish they had added a few more on toddlers don't see myself using any of the 3 choices added. Also what's with baby Yoda free to travel the world while Sim babies are locked to a bassinet.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Nice to see the kids and toddlers finally get a small update on hair both life stages are so ignored just wish they had added a few more on toddlers don't see myself using any of the 3 choices added. Also what's with baby Yoda free to travel the world while Sim babies are locked to a bassinet.

Well, Yoda's a Jedi. He used The Force, of course.
    #Team Occult
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    @elanorbreton
    they added 3 hairstyles for toddlers and 12 for children. You can see a picture of all the hairs at this link. https://simsvip.com/2019/12/12/the-sims-4-latest-patch-adds-new-hairstyles-for-children-toddlers/

Wow, that’s cool! Children and toddlers do need so much more stuff!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Maybe this is a hint to real babies coming to the sims 4!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I hope this trend with converting adult hairs for toddlers and children continues. I really love the DU pigtails on the toddlers, it's so adorable.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Loftyy wrote: »
    I hope that's not an accident. It's really cute

It's in the patch notes:

we’ve also converted a number of hairstyles to now also be available for children and toddlers. While the adult versions of these styles will remain exclusive to whichever pack they originally came from, we hope you’ll all enjoy these additional options for your Sim’s little ones.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can see myself using a lot of these all the time, and I have two child aged Sims I can really see in some of those hairs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They messed up. Trust me.
  • lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I have been wondering why these conversions have'nt happened before now. I would love more of them but I am thankful we have these.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yeah, I got some CC-hair for my sims that has afro-hair. This is a great update.

e873ca99c982fd88440980b457acb56d2c7d6e3e.png

Don't mind me, just plugging my fave afro-CC-hair, link below. I am really really happy with getting new hair for kids and toddlers this way. If there is a really cool hairstyle I'll go hunting for a CC-conversion and it is nice when it is ready to go in the game. Try to keep my mods-folder below 1 G so when I delete something old I can go shopping for something new. So so happy for simmers making CC.

https://savvysweet.tumblr.com/downloads
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ssh! Don't tell them. We finally have more hairstyles for our toddlers & children. This is a good thing.