Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't cook at all.

I added an Easter type holiday to my game. He was able to do the baking requirement for the holiday, but one of the other requirements is cook a grand meal. For some reason none of my sims will cook anything at all. The menu pops up and I can click on my choice but they just stand there.
I tried repairing my game, as it was a suggested workaround that I found from 2014, but it didn't help.
I do have mods and CC. I sold the CC stove and fridge that I had in their household and tried a non-CC stove and fridge but the same thing occurs. The mods and CC are current.
I found a YouTube video on how to fix it, but I'm very weary about trying it.
Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I fixed it. I had one of the sims in the household move into another house. I tested the stove in that house, (I even had him cook the grand meal I was trying to make), then I moved him back into his original house and he can use the stove again.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    kkammmkkammm Posts: 1 New Member
    hey! whenever i tell my sim to cook something, the bubble that says she can't move pops up. i've rearranged my kitchen multiple times, had her take a shower, and i did the mirror/dresser thing. she's complaining she is hungry but she won't cook. what do i do??
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I added an Easter type holiday to my game. He was able to do the baking requirement for the holiday, but one of the other requirements is cook a grand meal. For some reason none of my sims will cook anything at all. The menu pops up and I can click on my choice but they just stand there.

At least in my game, the Grand meal requirement is not about cooking but about eating one. With Dine Out that difference is important as the requirement is fullfilled by having grand meals at restaurant. You might have to add them to the menus at some restaurants, though, and remember which restaurants are offering them.

• Options
    s8nsliliths8nslilith Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a similar issue as well. When I ask my sims to cook something that requires a stove/oven, they take out the ingredients, then signal that they can't get to their destination and put the ingredients down. I do have CC, but I've removed all CC kitchenware and am currently using a base model lot and my sims still won't cook. They're surviving solely on cereal and yogurt right now.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    s8nslilith wrote: »
    I'm having a similar issue as well. When I ask my sims to cook something that requires a stove/oven, they take out the ingredients, then signal that they can't get to their destination and put the ingredients down. I do have CC, but I've removed all CC kitchenware and am currently using a base model lot and my sims still won't cook. They're surviving solely on cereal and yogurt right now.

I've had that happen to me before too, and it was something over the stove on the wall that was blocking it, also make sure you have at least one "open" countertop, as in no deco on it so they can prepare the food.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    If all else fails try to debug the Sim itself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/