Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing celebrity status

A while ago one of my sims became a celebrity due to a work event: boss wanted her to do something shady, she refused, got booted, but gained the first level of celebrity status because of it. Sim just went on with life, another job and all. Some time later there was a notice that sim was no longer a celebrity because they had done nothing to promote it. Say what? Why bother with being one if you have to be a 'hey, look at me' jerk to keep it?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    A while ago one of my sims became a celebrity due to a work event: boss wanted her to do something shady, she refused, got booted, but gained the first level of celebrity status because of it. Sim just went on with life, another job and all. Some time later there was a notice that sim was no longer a celebrity because they had done nothing to promote it. Say what? Why bother with being one if you have to be a 'hey, look at me' plum to keep it?

Most sims (and humans) are celebrities because they actually did something. I think it's quite natural that they should keep doing that something to remain famous over time. Anyway, it sounded like a random fame thing, so maybe the loss of fame was not very hard to handle? ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Keeping/increasing celebrity status can be as easy as updating your social media or simstagram or donating to charity. You can also sell paintings, publish books & other things to maintain/increase celebrity. Even practicing singing gives fame I think ☺.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's part of the reason why I don't play with Get Famous as much anymore. I had a mod that gets rid of it, but I deleted it by accident and since haven't found it again.
    funny-gifs20.gif