Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What roomate quirks do your maxis premades have?

TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
In my game I added some premade sims as roomates just to see how would they behave. For example Morgyn Ember has the public affection quirk. He brings home a different girl every single night. He also likes to play violin although he is not pretty good at it. What about you? Have you tried to add a maxis sim as a roomate and what quirks did he/she had?
Post edited by TTNsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    In my game I added some premade sims as roomates just to see how would they behave. For example Morgyn Ember has the public affection quirk. He brings home a different girl every single night. He also likes to play violin although he is not pretty good at it. What about you? Have you tried to add a maxis sim as a roomate and what quirks did he/she had?

How do you see roommate quirks? Just wondering.
  • Options
    I notice their behavior. If they bring a new date every night its because they have a roomate quirk. That doesnt happen when a sim is not a roomate npc. Also, if they bake stuff ALL the time or they bring food out of NOWHERE thats a quirk. If they have parties or friends over. If they are sad all the time and they dont have the gloomy trait, or if they like to be in the bathtub most of the time. Those are all quirks. There is also a list somewhere in this forum..
  • Options
    You also need to add the sim as a roomate in order for him to express these behaviors.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The annoying amount of food they bring when you have them as dorm mates.:joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    I was playing as Alexander Goth and taking him through uni when I decided I wanted to add some of his friends as roommates. So I got him a big house, moved him into it and asked Duane Talla, Olivia Kim-Lewis and Lucas Munch to be his roommates.

Lucas ended up with the public affection quirk and serenaded and flirted with Alexander all the time - so much so they started dating after a while. Unfortunately, MCCC moved Lucas out to his own place in Windenberg when I briefly switched households. (They later got married after Alexander graduated and he moved in with Lucas).

Duane didn't seem to want to shower or use the bathroom so he was constantly soiling himself. He eventually complained about his needs not being met and dipped out 3 days in. Olivia ended up being the neat freak and was constantly spraying everything. She threatened to leave after about a sim week but by that point, I'd had it so I just kicked her out.

Nice stories. Maybe you should try adding more beds in order to avoid the moving out thing. The game has a weird way of counting them. You should at least four beds if you have three roomates no matter if u have one double and u are a couple with one of them..they will start complaining otherwise. Also maybe an extra bathroom if they are a lot:)
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Heh, my Morgyn got the Big Closet quirk. I'm actively playing them now, so no more quirk, but their closet is still pretty big!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Had 2 roommates and they both had the quirk where they constantly bring meals home. On top of that, 1 of those 2 also had the quirk where they like to bake.

Double whammy. Would not recommend.
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    Yeah mine have a ton of quirks. Some won't shower, some bring home too many meals, lots of omelettes and lobster LOL. One talks very loud with an echo, and we have an evil Sim that keeps bringing party people over there. Makes it interesting, but some can be annoying!
  • Options
    jennlynh wrote: »
    Yeah mine have a ton of quirks. Some won't shower, some bring home too many meals, lots of omelettes and lobster LOL. One talks very loud with an echo, and we have an evil Sim that keeps bringing party people over there. Makes it interesting, but some can be annoying!

I have never seen the echo one and I have been playing for weeks..that must be so funny:)
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    jennlynh wrote: »

I have never seen the echo one and I have been playing for weeks..that must be so funny:)

haha sometimes it's funny and sometimes it can be annoying LOL
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2019
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Heh, my Morgyn got the Big Closet quirk. I'm actively playing them now, so no more quirk, but their closet is still pretty big!
    Yeah, I bet there was a lot of space when they came out of it.

I had two roommates: Kamala L. Faba and Nikolai, a townie the game generated. They rarely ate (even though I always made extra for them) and went to bed whenever my sim did. Kamala L. Faba was CONSTANTLY cleaning things with a spray bottle, while Nikolai pulled out a guitar and serenaded my sim.

One, or both of them also brought friends over from time to time. They were also very well-behaved. My sim flirted with one, and they immediately left and never returned.

EDIT: I meant L. Faba and Nikolai, whoops.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Gotta love those roommates :) There's always something that surprises me, or a quirk I miss. One term there were nobody bringing free food and it actually took me a simday to realize I had to provide my sim with food somehow :)

My favorite might be the Repair stuff trait, it's very useful and they fix stuff rather quickly. Some of my students with a locked door, might move their stereo or computer out to the common room just for getting it fixed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, I have had a roommate who was sad all the time. I usually saw her locking herself into a toilet stall or going under bed covers and crying.
    I actually like roommates who bring over food. It saves money after all.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    At Foxbury, my Sim had a roommate named Ingrid (can't remember last name). She was constantly pulling spoiled sweets out of her pockets and eating them. She'd make herself sick, throw up, but keep eating them. She also usually smelled bad, and at one point peed herself while having a conversation with my Sim. Poor Ingrid. lol
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I think I hate the violin players the most. Had 3 of them in the dorm once when one of my sims went to uni - ugh. My sim had to use the roommate stop that command a lot!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2019
    So far, I've just played one couple that are going through university. One started two semesters behind the other. I'm now in the final semester of the younger one.

For two semesters, I played in Wyman or Wyvern Hall? My sim was randomly roommates with Julia and another premade. They got along well enough but went their separate ways after a semester. That hall had a bunch of sims so it was a chaotic mix of violin playing, food, parties, etc. I thought it was amusing and realistic. One sim was "clingy social" for both semesters. He would follow my sim around including to his family dinners but they were barely friends. I haven't seen that mentioned much. Again, I rolled with it.

My male sim moved to Darkwing to be in a little bit quieter house with his girlfriend. For two semesters, they lived with this partying guy who would bring over different boyfriends. He was also kind of messy but likeable. There was a really emo guy who lived with him and cried constantly. I realize now that Mr. Emo was probably in love with Mr. Partier who did not care. Mr. Emo moved out and another partier who liked to clean moved in. He and Mr. Partier 1 seemed like a good match.

For her final semester, I have the female sim I'm playing living with a bunch of female roommates. I hadn't had that before. I set my settings to unisex and the game was mostly giving me male roommates. I'm not complaining because I really don't care. The universities in my game are more relaxed about that but sometimes I'll make a dorm based around a specific gender for a specific sim. I did this by editing all of the roommies in CAS. I don't yet really know what traits these have.

My only rule is that aside from couples, individual rooms will be male or female only. Yes, I know I could have changed the gender for roommies by editing in build mode but I wanted to make my own roommies this time around anyway.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2019
    In my sim's third term at Foxbury all of his roommates from his first and second term were replaced. By violin players. All of them. Every. Single. One of them. Bunch of UBrite rejects...
    Post edited by sinra on