Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Materials

Is there a faster way to get Computer chips and Mechanisms? I really want to build a Servo but its taking way too long.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    You need to level up. I recommend to place the lamp that make your sim focused on the shelf that is a part of the engineering table. That way your sim will level up faster.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Thanks for the advice but my sim is already at level 10 in the Robotics skill and she still takes about 3 in games hours to make a mechanism or a computer chip.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    My technique is buying utility bots from debug mode, then dismantle them for pieces with the robotics table and bam....lots of mechanisms and chips!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    My technique is buying utility bots from debug mode, then dismantle them for pieces with the robotics table and bam....lots of mechanisms and chips!

Also your sim levels up in robotics pretty fast.
    I did dismantle a lot of bots though, since they were free.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Has anyone tried cloning these parts with the cloning machine from the Scientist career?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    You can also make the robo-arm first, wear it and it'll increase your sim's crafting speed and decrease the chance of explosions (or whatever they are).

I don't think the computer chips and mechanisms can be cloned in any way because they can't be dragged into live mode. They're like the hazmat suit and evidence pieces from StrangerVille, personal inventory only.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think I have a mod that lets you buy parts in bulk.
  • cramberbambercramberbamber Posts: 1 New Member
    If you shift click on the robot station, it gives the option to spawn crafting supplies and it gives you tons of the computer chips and mechanisms
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think I have a mod that lets you buy parts in bulk.

what's the name of the mod?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-random-small-31750594 LittleMsSam buy upgrade parts in bulk. 1 package contains 100 robotic parts.
  • SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    > @cramberbamber said:
    > If you shift-click on the robot station, it gives the option to spawn crafting supplies and it gives you tons of the computer chips and mechanisms

Oh, my plumbob, this made it so much easier, no mod needed! It gave like 50 mechanical bits in one click, oh thank goodness. I kept getting electrocuted on every third thing I was making anyways. Thank you so so much!!
  • Bella_marie44Bella_marie44 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="crebo19;d-970005"]Is there a faster way to get Computer chips and Mechanisms? I really want to build a Servo but its taking way too long.[/quote]

[quote="crebo19;d-970005"]Is there a faster way to get Computer chips and Mechanisms? I really want to build a Servo but its taking way too long.[/quote]
  • Bella_marie44Bella_marie44 Posts: 2 New Member
    Once you type “testingcheats on” shift click on the work station, and then hit spawn supplies.
  • KBijmaKBijma Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="cramberbamber;c-17344714"]If you shift click on the robot station, it gives the option to spawn crafting supplies and it gives you tons of the computer chips and mechanisms[/quote]

Tanks Thatcher helped a lot 👍🏻
  • AmeliaKlowAmeliaKlow Posts: 1 New Member
    You can find a finished build servo with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat. (I did also write in bb.showliveeditobjects, don't know if that cheat had anything to do with finding the servo)
    Just filter to objects only from Discover University and then write debug in search.
  • DuckletsDucklets Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd be happy if my Servos could do the drudge work of making the chips and mechanisms, so I could assemble them into bots etc.