Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random objects spawning in dorm rooms? [NOT FOOD]

simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
Anyone playing in dorms notice that the dorms sometimes have random DU plants, dolls, lamps or crystals just spawn out of nowhere in the dorms? I know they spawned because I built the dorm myself and NO WAY did I put these items there! Im not talking about roommates bringing back food, its the random plants etc. that roommates bring back home!

This is insanely annoying as sometimes these objects replace the ones I placed myself.

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Roommates decorate.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, it’s a feature not a bug. It’s your roommates decorating their spaces autonomously.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    You are not supposed to decorate the roommates' corner. They will most times add stuff on surfaces next to their assigned bed. Typically on bedside table, desk and dresser. I don't think they add posters or anything on floor. You can easily (re-)move those items. I'm not sure if they will add new if you remove them, but at least I think they will not dio so until next new term begins.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    It’s just your roommates decorating their spaces. Btw you can remove them if their bother you.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Some roomates decorate if they find enough space.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Problem is, if you place something there, it will get deleted in favor of the new object.

I don't recommend placing ANYTHING in the dorms anywhere. I've had quite a few things get deleted because of that flaw.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    gettps wrote: »
    Problem is, if you place something there, it will get deleted in favor of the new object.

I don't recommend placing ANYTHING in the dorms anywhere. I've had quite a few things get deleted because of that flaw.

It's not a flaw. It's a little taste of how EA'🐸🐸🐸🐸.E.E.D. AI works (a teeny example) In TS5 each time we load our games some things will be changed in the world. This tiny design in TS4 is showing us how that AI may work in a very small sampling of townies, in this case roomies, changing things.

ETA: Have no idea why the filter is blocking the name of the new EA engine AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.