Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Drink Animation Problem

I'm having a bit of an issue with my vampires at the moment. When I set them to drink from another sim, the animation never plays. They just tand looking at each other, then the vampire's thirst goes up and they get the positive relationship gain.

I've tried looking around but there doesn't seem to be much information about this? From the little I have found, it sounds like it's a game bug as opposed to a mod problem?
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of an issue with my vampires at the moment. When I set them to drink from another sim, the animation never plays. They just tand looking at each other, then the vampire's thirst goes up and they get the positive relationship gain.

I've tried looking around but there doesn't seem to be much information about this? From the little I have found, it sounds like it's a game bug as opposed to a mod problem?

That was a very old bug and one that was fixed. You might have a mod that is either starting to interfer or even broke the fix if this is a problem that just started.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    That was a very old bug and one that was fixed. You might have a mod that is either starting to interfer or even broke the fix if this is a problem that just started.

Hi, thanks for commenting. It turns out it was indeed a Teen Band mod that never got updated after Supernatural. I've updated it for myself and my animations are back. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it :)
  • axlcormanaxlcorman Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello @MissyHissy, I am having the same problem, (no vampire drink animation), and the same mod, teen band.
    Would you be able to tell me how to update this mod, myself?
    Thank you,
    axlcorman wrote: »
    Hello @MissyHissy, I am having the same problem, (no vampire drink animation), and the same mod, teen band.
    Would you be able to tell me how to update this mod, myself?
    Thank you,

Hi there!
    It's actually pretty easy. If you open up s3pe (sims 3 package editor, if you're not familiar with it) and open up the GamePlayData file, search for SocialData_EP3.
    That's the file you need to edit. Export it to a safe location (desktop, working folder etc), then open the Teen Band mod in s3pe. Import the file into the mod (agree to replace the file when you're prompted).

Now, open the SocialData_EP3 file in Notepad and search for 'band'. You should get some results and each of them will have a line of code like this: <AGE x="Y,A,E" y="Y,A,E" />
    All you need to do is add a T to the front so it becomes: <AGE x="T,Y,A,E" y="T,Y,A,E" />

Do that for each result and you should be good to go. Obviously keep the edits to yourself, since this is still the modder's work; you're just updating it for your own gameplay <3
    Feel free to message if you're stuck though :)
  • axlcormanaxlcorman Posts: 3 New Member
    > @MissyHissy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hi there!
    > It's actually pretty easy. If you open up s3pe (sims 3 package editor, if you're not familiar with it) and open up the GamePlayData file, search for SocialData_EP3.
    > That's the file you need to edit. Export it to a safe location (desktop, working folder etc), then open the Teen Band mod in s3pe. Import the file into the mod (agree to replace the file when you're prompted).
    >
    > Now, open the SocialData_EP3 file in Notepad and search for 'band'. You should get some results and each of them will have a line of code like this: <AGE x="Y,A,E" y="Y,A,E" />
    > All you need to do is add a T to the front so it becomes: <AGE x="T,Y,A,E" y="T,Y,A,E" />
    >
    > Do that for each result and you should be good to go. Obviously keep the edits to yourself, since this is still the modder's work; you're just updating it for your own gameplay <3
    > Feel free to message if you're stuck though :)

@MissyHissy THANKS! Followed your clear instructions , discovered this s3pe which sounds like a Star Wars droid’s name to me, so thanks for the full name !
    I’m such a beginner with all these mods , I’ve been playing sims for... hem 20 years... and discovered mods ...like a year ago?
    Anyway I am amazed how the sims 3 are still making people playing (because I thought myself being a soon to be last old sims player) and so, still looking for answers on these forums , as I did and even more happy when nice people answer!
    Thank you for the help, nice gaming to all and thank to this game for making my Parisian lockdown a bit less depressive.

Peace
    axlcorman wrote: »

@MissyHissy THANKS! Followed your clear instructions , discovered this s3pe which sounds like a Star Wars droid’s name to me, so thanks for the full name !
    I’m such a beginner with all these mods , I’ve been playing sims for... hem 20 years... and discovered mods ...like a year ago?
    Anyway I am amazed how the sims 3 are still making people playing (because I thought myself being a soon to be last old sims player) and so, still looking for answers on these forums , as I did and even more happy when nice people answer!
    Thank you for the help, nice gaming to all and thank to this game for making my Parisian lockdown a bit less depressive.

Peace

You're welcome, I'm glad it's worked for you. I still mod for Sims 3; there's quite a good community of us still, which is always wonderful! <3