Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hermit

I thought it would be fun to have my Sim meet the hermit and have this on going relationship with her where they just develop there relationship over time while my sim is on vacation. I didn't want to totally create the hermit sim, because I try to always have my sim marry someone that I did not create. However, the hermit was an elderly lady when I got there, so I did want to edit it a bit because my dude is not into the older ladies. All I did in CAS is edit her age and hair and left everything the same. When I went back to the hermit house I found a totally different hermit living there! I thought maybe if you edit the hermit the game will automatically replace it after that. So, I edited the new hermit the same way, but he is still there. Do the hermits change randomly?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I've had that happen, too and my theory is this:
    The hermit is unemployed. Whenever the game needs a sim for passerby, bartender or whatever role, there's a chance it might grab the hermit who then loses their special role and a new one is created next time we visit the secret lot. The game also gives jobs to unplayed unemployed sims occasionally, that's another way for the hermit to lose their status.
  • Options
    JaeldawnJaeldawn Posts: 93 Member
    That explains why I ran into the old hermit in town haha so funny.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I think you just have to make them unplayed again immediately after you edit them (unclick the heart) and they’ll retain their NPC job.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com