March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Degrees and Career Branches - Can we finally do both branches with a single sim?

Some people like to take a single Sim through everything in the game, or perhaps have a Sim do both branches of a single career. It's been a long standing issue that you are prohibited from doing both branches, even with cheats/mods. Do degrees, however, finally allow us to do all branches with a single Sim?

Example: For the Secret Agent Career, one branch is boosted by the Villainy Degree while the other is boosted by I believe the Psychology degree.

So...would having the separate degrees essentially allow you to into both branches?

Willing to do testing on this myself soon but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else tried, or is willing to try before I get to it.
Sims YouTube
Twitter
Gallery ID: jacechu06

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    How does "start at a higher rank with better pay" imply "be able to defy long-standing career-branch division"? Tell us what you find, but I sincerely doubt it, as they mention such a thing nowhere at all.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    How does "start at a higher rank with better pay" imply "be able to defy long-standing career-branch division"? Tell us what you find, but I sincerely doubt it, as they mention such a thing nowhere at all.

If I am informed correctly you a degree gives you the opportunity to start so high in a career that you start after it splits into branches. And according to the list on Carl's site each career has different degrees tied to different branches. So you should be able to pick the corresponding career branch directly after graduation. I haven't been able to test this myself unfortunately but I think this might actually be a work around to get access to the other career branch

On a side note, with mccc you can also reset career branches, a very useful feature of this mod.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2019

Because the relevant branches appear seperately in the list once you earn degrees. So they can be chosen independently of each other.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 111 Member
    I don't see why not.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do find out and let us know!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Because the relevant branches appear seperately in the list once you earn degrees. So they can be chosen independently of each other.

THIS! I am very happy we can pick the higher branch as well as the level 1 branch of the careers for our graduated sim. I am glad they thought of doing this for those who didn't want to jump so high even after university graduation. In real life Law takes about 7 years so I had my sim graduate with a degree and still start low on the law career track. :)