Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bicycles Are Great!

I am so impressed with the way bicycles have been handled! They slow down when Sims ride through mud or uphill. The shadows and the sounds are perfect. And it's so adorable watching my Sims ride around! I feel like it was worth the price of the pack just to watch these bikes. <3
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Same here, I just love seeing my sims pedalling around merrily.
    I like it how the animation changes when they ride up or down the hill.
    It's generally nicely done :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    I like when the light turns on if they ride the bike when it’s dark.

I also like the new Transportation category. It makes me think we’ll get cars or more methods of transportation soon! Skateboards for example? Lol
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    And ridimg the bike fills their fun needs pretty fast. Gotta love it ☺.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm surprised someone is just now mentioning it. I've been screaming over bikes since day one. It's definitely the best part of university lol I have a blast with them. And it reminds me how much well done animations mean. All of that spinning, twirling, appearing, disappearing and teleporting just doesn't excite me the way watching these natural bike movements does 🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019
    Starfree wrote: »
    And ridimg the bike fills their fun needs pretty fast. Gotta love it ☺.

Yeah, I love that too! Plus a happy moodlet from riding around in the fresh air. :)
    Makes me really want to fix the flat tire on my bicycle.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    That's awesome! I'm really excited to get DU but I can't afford it quite yet. I'm gonna have to wait for a sale, however many months that takes, haha!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I even love how npcs will have them and you will catch them riding by your house on them sometimes. Also love how it brings their fun meter up really fast. While my sim was at Uni and her fun meter was low before class, a bike ride to class always fixed that right up. :)
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I have yet to have a sim ride one, but my Sulani family owns one. A shame there are no kid bikes, but can't have it all lol
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2019
    They are great. My only gripe is that sims ride them indoors.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I got a mod for that lol. I watched a video on Youtube and as soon as I saw that I looked for a mod to stop it, but I can see the irritation for those that don't like mods
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I would love to ride a bike indoors. :smiley:
    When I was little, my parents were preparing to install carpeting and let me rollerskate indoors on the bare hard wood floor. It was the best! :smiley:

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I got a mod for that lol. I watched a video on Youtube and as soon as I saw that I looked for a mod to stop it, but I can see the irritation for those that don't like mods

Yea it's very annoying. I have a mod for this as well, but I'm not sure it works for me yet. I wish that "Bike Here" action wasn't at the top of the pie-menu. It used to be "Go Here" and now I press the bike one by accident all the time, so my Sims are constantly trying to ride their bikes inside.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I actually love that part. It took me by suprise. <3
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think it's nice to see NPCs ride them, but otherwise they take too long to get out and ride and put away. The broom is much faster.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    I think it's nice to see NPCs ride them, but otherwise they take too long to get out and ride and put away. The broom is much faster.

Brooms are just a glorified teleport. I also don't like that I see spellcaster sims mounting their brooms in worlds other than Glimmerbrook.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Now I want to boot up the game and do some biking... but I'm getting company! ;)

Brooms are just a glorified teleport. I also don't like that I see spellcaster sims mounting their brooms in worlds other than Glimmerbrook.

Well, I'm allowed to disagree ;)

It's funny that Sim's are wearing protection helmets - is that to inspire real folks to use them as well? 'Cause broom-riding seems a lot more dangerous :D

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    For me, in my honest opinion:
    Releasing bikes in a pack and not allowing children to use them, nor adults to teach them, nor include trycicles for toddlers is just giving us half of a feature. No matter how good young adults look riding them nor how nice the animations and routing are. They should have waited for the right pack to introduce them properly, for all life stages. It's a shame because they really are cool. But we got half of a feature and most likely will need to pay again for the other half.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    @AlbaWaterhouse It's like young adults always are the main focus when new features are introduced. Getting older is really making me notice that.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    For me, in my honest opinion:
    Releasing bikes in a pack and not allowing children to use them, nor adults to teach them, nor include trycicles for toddlers is just giving us half of a feature. No matter how good young adults look riding them nor how nice the animations and routing are. They should have waited for the right pack to introduce them properly, for all life stages. It's a shame because they really are cool. But we got half of a feature and most likely will need to pay again for the other half.

Yes. I am really sad that we got bikes only with adult animations for an Expansion because how will they add bikes for kids now. If they let it be a free update then all the kids for every player can ride bikes then comes the awkward moment when they age up to teens and the players who do not have the Uni-Expansion will all of a sudden lose their bikes. Kids in every park riding bikes and not a single adult. Hmm... If they make the bikes free then those who bought Uni in part because the love bikes might be irritated about that. Gah...

Hmm... if I am not mistaken vampires came in two different packs in Sims 3 so perhaps they could add bikes for all in a new pack. Kids getting bikes would be new for all but those who skipped Uni would have bikes for adults and kids. I would welcome it because I just wish that kiddos could bike as well.

Oh well, we will see what happens.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member

It's funny that Sim's are wearing protection helmets - is that to inspire real folks to use them as well? 'Cause broom-riding seems a lot more dangerous :D

Honestly I'd rather the helmet was optional
    why? because I like to live dangerously.

maybe they should have added actual accidents so helmets served purpose :wink:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

Honestly I'd rather the helmet was optional
    why? because I like to live dangerously.

maybe they should have added actual accidents so helmets served purpose :wink:

If you're not opposed to using mods then LittleMsSam has a choose helmet mod which allows you to choose no helmet.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I do love the bikes, reading this thread has made me really miss playing (I've been waiting for a new pc for a few weeks).

Like others have said, the animations and sound effects are really well done.

It is a real shame though that they can do things well but then fall short of giving us the whole hog. I don't expect we will ever see bikes for kids now, or trikes for toddlers.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Bikes seem like a great addition, I definitely want to use them once I get the pack. :)

But the feature feels incomplete without bikes for children. I hope children will get them as well some day, and bikes with training wheels for toddlers would be so cute. Unfortunately I don't see this being added to the game any time soon, the devs don't seem to care much for younger sims anymore. :/
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Aside from the frustrations of them when the sims get off/put in inv/pull out of inv/get on rinse and repeat when ever I need them to get off of them I like having them. I had a sim that had a get together. I panned outside and saw several bikes just sitting outside. Reminded me of rl back when I was a kid.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder