Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitters Gonna Knit- a visual inspiration thread

This isnt a thread for discussing the pack- this is a pinterest style pin board for people to add some visual inspiration for the pack.

I know i am not alone, as an avid real-life knitter, being worried that the knitting stuff pack will end up reflecting sterotypes that non-knitters have of what knitters look like and what yarn looks like and what our knitting projects look like... and sadly that may well be a 1950's vision or perhaps a 1990's vision....

SO... WHAT DOES KNITTING LOOK LIKE TO YOU IN 2019? ......TAKE IT AWAY FOLKS!

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited December 2019
    I know you said that you don't want the 90's stereotype of knitting and I for the most part agree but I also can't help wanting at least one just completely outrageous and hideous sweater. I can't really post any photos on mobile right now but I mentioned in other threads I'd love to see large yarn art sculptures and cute stuffed animals.

Edit: I found a blog post of exactly the terribleness I'm describing
    witknits9.jpgMore Here
    Post edited by Felicity1169 on
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    I know you said that you don't want the 90's stereotype of knitting and I for the most part agree but I also can't help wanting at least one just completely outrageous and hideous sweater. I can't really post any photos on mobile right now but I mentioned in other threads I'd love to see large yarn art sculptures and cute stuffed animals.

I think i like the sound of one or two hideous pieces- especially if low level skill mean's you produce low quality knitwear! I think i was just more concerned that the whole pack might take on an asthetic that doesnt really represent knitting as it actually is right now. There are still plenty of knitting nana's (and people my own age) producing some pretty hideous pieces. Infact i've been gatheing some images from the depths of my computer that show what happens when knitting goes bad! you may very well enjoy those images!

I have been sorting through and uploading a load of pictures to photobucket so i can upload them here, but unfortunately im not so well at the moment and flaked out halfway through. At some point i will get them up though!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited December 2019
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • dneilldneill Posts: 33 Member
    You can virtually knit ANYTHING nowadays, so anything a mind can think of, could be in the game.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2019
    AMP_4664a-800x800.jpg
    Two words: crochet kittens! https://lilleliis.com/crochet-kittens-kit-booklet/ (Also available at Barnes and Noble for anyone who wants to do this IRL.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2019
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.