March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about phases

no seriously… are there particular triggers for certain phases?? because i literally ALWAYS get freaking mean streak and i am growing so tired of this lame stupid phase because it turns my sims into mindless idi0ts whom attack even their BFFs and their BF/GF like a rabid pitbull.
it is so tiresome if you Always get the same old phase every time again -.- just as annoying as the daily moodswings if they get back from school....classic EA overkill >.<

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I feel like they are just random. With anything truly random, you can get the same result several times in a row. I have had the loud phase more than any other. But I have never seen a pattern between lifestyle or traits or parenting types that influence it so I think it's just random.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The phases that came in Parenthood was the most annoying “feature” they’ve added to the game thus far. They make no sense.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited December 2019
    tell me about it -.- sure, we've all been teens and had our own "meanstreak" phase...i think?? but we loved directing it at folks like teachers and parents..not our best friends...right?? i mean, i never did... and if it truly is random my game sure has a big crush on meanstreak because it is the only phase i ever get... on Morgan Fyres i have never even gotten any other phase but meanstreak :/
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The phases that came in Parenthood was the most annoying “feature” they’ve added to the game thus far. They make no sense.

if you don't count the huge influx of random generated pears then yeah...the phases are easily the most annoying feature imo: they are way too common and especially meanstreak makes no sense to me... unless someone can explain me what is so much fun about being a jerk to your friends for no reason??
    well... phase time again after one day...and guess which one -.- literally on the verge of removing parenthood permanetly atm because i am getting fed up with same old meanstreak every freaking time. please someone tell me there is a mod to get rid of those phases or at least not allow the computer to pick the same old ones all the time!
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I think there is a cheat to remove a phase, since the game handles them as traits.

Just looked it up, it's traits.remove_trait ChildhoodPhase_[PhaseName] (without the []). However, I think you have to enable testingcheats for it to work.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    edited December 2019
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I think there is a cheat to remove a phase, since the game handles them as traits.

Just looked it up, it's traits.remove_trait ChildhoodPhase_[PhaseName] (without the []). However, I think you have to enable testingcheats for it to work.

yeah i know. problem is tho: even if i remove the trait the sim will still spam mean interactions like crazy... yet another great bug EA has graced us with :D not sure if it ever got fixed yet? atm i just put the meanstreaker into a prison cell untill it wears of... i just have no love for abusive mean people, not in real life and neither in the game, especially not if they are mean just because, especially to their friends.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

yeah i know. problem is tho: even if i remove the trait the sim will still spam mean interactions like crazy... yet another great bug EA has graced us with :D not sure if it ever got fixed yet? atm i just put the meanstreaker into a prison cell untill it wears of... i just have no love for abusive mean people, not in real life and neither in the game, especially not if they are mean just because, especially to their friends.

The cheat doesn't work anymore - it might remove the trait from their profile, but they're still in the phase. (If anything, I think they actually get stuck in the phase if you remove the trait.) The 'mean' phase doesn't bother me as much, since I play with autonomy off and simply don't let my Sim say anything mean to her friends and family. It's the 'loud and obnoxious' trait that I hate, hate, hate.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

Have you lived with teenagers? I'm not overly fond of the mood-swings in the game, when the affect they have on my Sim gets in his way on his rise to fame. Plus, I really get annoyed with that really freakish walk-style. I have never in my life seen anybody walk that way, mood-swing or not!

But, yeah, teens can have all sorts of random mood-swings. The insecure thing is real. The stop looking at me, is also real. The meanness is real, or at least my older brother was in a permanent state of mean, rest his soul.

Right now I have four teens in the same household. All four are experiencing some sort of phase. Now, that's annoying. I'm just waiting for their kid brother to suffer a phase of his own. Yikes. That would certainly make my life complete, not. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Have you lived with teenagers? I'm not overly fond of the mood-swings in the game, when the affect they have on my Sim gets in his way on his rise to fame. Plus, I really get annoyed with that really freakish walk-style. I have never in my life seen anybody walk that way, mood-swing or not!

But, yeah, teens can have all sorts of random mood-swings. The insecure thing is real. The stop looking at me, is also real. The meanness is real, or at least my older brother was in a permanent state of mean, rest his soul.

Right now I have four teens in the same household. All four are experiencing some sort of phase. Now, that's annoying. I'm just waiting for their kid brother to suffer a phase of his own. Yikes. That would certainly make my life complete, not. LOL

It wouldn’t be so bad for me if we had a way to disable them.
    edited December 2019

yeah sure, i lived with two sisters plus i was a teen myself once and trust me: it is hard to have a meaner streak than me ór my sister (a clash between us was the nightmare of my parents...trust me on that one, we were the worst enemies back then) but even we were not mindless with our mean remarks: we never treated our friends like dirt for no reason but some stupid phase, and our personal vendetta had more to do with our personalities than with some phase: we both have strong and dominant personalities and especially back in our teen years we couldn't stomach being second to anyone Xd especially eachother so yeah haha nowadays we are very fond of eachother tho ^_^

but if a teen sim hits meanstreak she/he will do nothing BUT mean interactions just because of the phase like so many other annoying features in this game have too much emphasis put on them. and they are just way too common, just like the daily moodswings every time they get back from school

and my personal gripe atm is that the game can't think of any phase but meanstreak for me and it is really getting on my nerves. my teens have that stupid phase almost all of their teenhood making socializing with them annoying thus they tend to get ignored into oblivion by my other sims (by my hand)

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hate the bear phases. Seeing kids walking round in that ridiculous bear costume drives me nuts.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    What's even worse is that when playing in rotation, those phases never go away. Ever. I've played thousands of hours with hundred of households and not once have I seen a phase end by itself, no matter how skillful the parents are or how many times they talk them through it. It's an acknowledged bug on AnswersHQ, and it's gone unaddressed for years.

I also find that when removing a teen phase via cheats, it's best to replace it with another, less annoying one for that sim. This way, the effects of the old trait don't stick around in the back. Personally, "rebellious" is my go-to one. But if a teen lives away from their family (or doesn't have one), the "distant" phase is better.

In addition, I have come across teen phases that simply cannot be removed via cheats. They're permanently stuck on a sim for some reason. The only way to get rid of them is to age that sim up, and then age them back down in CAS with fulleditmode. Oh the sheer madness!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hate the bear phases. Seeing kids walking round in that ridiculous bear costume drives me nuts.

I love the bear phase! I wish it would happen more often - I think it's really cute. (And not unrealistic - kids do go through phases in which they insist upon wearing princess or superhero costumes all the time.) And I like the teen mood swings.

My only wish is that the phases and moods would tie into personality traits a bit more - say, a kid with the loner trait might be more likely to 'hide' in a bear costume and less likely to be 'loud and obnoxious'.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Phases are actually one of the least annoying features of Parenthood for me. A bunch of my sim kids are stuck in phases because I play rotational (maybe all of them are, I don't really pay attention to that). I don't even care because the ones they're stuck in aren't even noticed most of the time. One is a picky eater (I myself am a picky eater and have been all my life), he gets a little sad for having to eat gross food, big deal. His sister is rebellious, I don't even know what that does, I never notice anything. In another family, the youngest is stuck in clingy phase, nothing bothersome there. Her brothers I have no idea if they have anything, I honestly wouldn't care if the middle child forever had mean streak or something 'cause he's a mischievous little bugger anyway, much like his uncle. The plus side to all my sim kids being stuck in phases that I don't even notice is they never get the annoying ones, so I just leave it. I kind of hope they don't fix that bug. Though I would hate for anybody to be stuck in the furry phase, luckily I haven't seen that one.

Mood swings don't bother me either. The one time I saw my teen sim walk weirdly, I thought it was hilarious, I saw myself and all my siblings in that walk 😄. I love it, I wish he would do it more often.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif

If you're not opposed to the use of mods, MCCC has a way. Believe me, with all five of my Cantrell kids having issues, I've been removing the buffs, left, right and sideways. LOL

yeah sure, i lived with two sisters plus i was a teen myself once and trust me: it is hard to have a meaner streak than me ór my sister (a clash between us was the nightmare of my parents...trust me on that one, we were the worst enemies back then) but even we were not mindless with our mean remarks: we never treated our friends like dirt for no reason but some stupid phase, and our personal vendetta had more to do with our personalities than with some phase: we both have strong and dominant personalities and especially back in our teen years we couldn't stomach being second to anyone Xd especially eachother so yeah haha nowadays we are very fond of eachother tho ^_^

but if a teen sim hits meanstreak she/he will do nothing BUT mean interactions just because of the phase like so many other annoying features in this game have too much emphasis put on them. and they are just way too common, just like the daily moodswings every time they get back from school

and my personal gripe atm is that the game can't think of any phase but meanstreak for me and it is really getting on my nerves. my teens have that stupid phase almost all of their teenhood making socializing with them annoying thus they tend to get ignored into oblivion by my other sims (by my hand)

My sister and I are six years apart in age. That alone was a barrier for many years as she couldn't comprehend what things were like for me and vice versa. (I am the elder of us.) To add to this was the polar opposite we are in personalities. Even as adults, although I think the world of her now, we can only be together for a few days at a time before we're at each other's throats again. :/ Our mother used to say if I called something black, Wendy would call it white. :open_mouth: Mom knew us both well. ;) Miss you, Mom.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

You can easily clear the buff if you have MCCC. I clear mean streak, and loud every time because they're so unrealistic and just super annoying. They're more like psychotic streaks. I completely ignore all the others.
  • FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    Random, I know I had 1-2 boys who always had it ALL THE TIME and kicked trash cans and fought everyone.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play rotationally so reading this thread has explained to me why those phases don't seem to end until the kid ages up.

I also dislike the bear phase, not enough to want to nix it completely, but I find it annoying. I usually don't let the kid wear the bear suit and then it's like he or she is severely depressed for the rest of childhood. I'd understand a day or two but the extreme isn't realistic.

I kind of trudge through playing with kids sometimes though. There are times that I have great times with warm family play but sometimes I get annoyed. The bear suit always induces annoyance. I can handle most of the other phases. Picky eater is a little annoying but as long as it ends when he or she becomes an adult, it's ok.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    My sister and I are six years apart in age. That alone was a barrier for many years as she couldn't comprehend what things were like for me and vice versa. (I am the elder of us.) To add to this was the polar opposite we are in personalities. Even as adults, although I think the world of her now, we can only be together for a few days at a time before we're at each other's throats again. :/ Our mother used to say if I called something black, Wendy would call it white. :open_mouth: Mom knew us both well. ;) Miss you, Mom.

a few days?? ^_^ that sounds nice :D me and my sis would be at eachothers throats at the slightest opportunity day one :p and afterwards we grab a drink and laugh while everyone else is still stunned :P we both have very strong and confident personalities and neither of us would ever admit defeat or being wrong about even the most mundane subjects :p but god forbid we get in a real argument ^_^ poor bystanders if we do!

polar opposites is a recipe for disaster yes... but place two siblings who both have a strong and dominant personality?? the house will be a warzone XD and trust me, i know all about it XD
    Ennael wrote: »
    Phases are actually one of the least annoying features of Parenthood for me. A bunch of my sim kids are stuck in phases because I play rotational (maybe all of them are, I don't really pay attention to that). I don't even care because the ones they're stuck in aren't even noticed most of the time. One is a picky eater (I myself am a picky eater and have been all my life), he gets a little sad for having to eat gross food, big deal. His sister is rebellious, I don't even know what that does, I never notice anything. In another family, the youngest is stuck in clingy phase, nothing bothersome there. Her brothers I have no idea if they have anything, I honestly wouldn't care if the middle child forever had mean streak or something 'cause he's a mischievous little bugger anyway, much like his uncle. The plus side to all my sim kids being stuck in phases that I don't even notice is they never get the annoying ones, so I just leave it. I kind of hope they don't fix that bug. Though I would hate for anybody to be stuck in the furry phase, luckily I haven't seen that one.

Mood swings don't bother me either. The one time I saw my teen sim walk weirdly, I thought it was hilarious, I saw myself and all my siblings in that walk 😄. I love it, I wish he would do it more often.

picky eater is the least bothersome one...i think? never had it :/ rebellious is easy to ignore since all it does is make teens reject parental orders or discipline if they misbehave.

mood swings aren't that big of a problem to deal with either yeah, but they are way too common for my tastes
    edited December 2019
    OK!! does anyone know of a mod that disables phases or at least allows you to disable specific ones??? just loaded the game and once again >.< BOTH my teens instantly got mean streakl!!! i am SO FED UP WITH MEANSTREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i swear to god please someone create a mod to counter this meanstreak spam i BEG of you????
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I think the loud phase is the worst. Can ruin a screenshot.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    edited December 2019
    Random, I know I had 1-2 boys who always had it ALL THE TIME and kicked trash cans and fought everyone.

It's really bad when you have four teens in the same household and each one of them is going through some kind of phase all at the same time! Oi! I have MCCC, so I was able to remove a buff or two to help calm things down a bit. LOL I was just waiting for their baby brother, who is a child to go through the Bear Phase thingie. :#