Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy Laundry Day?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Absolutely

ETA: Didn't realize I had commented already lol that should go to show how much I enjoy the pack I guess B)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    tascha wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61
    How do you do vacation homes?

I don't really. I was thinking about those for rent in Granite Falls and Selvadorada.
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I like having the washer and dryer in the house aesthetically, but I tend to delete them more often than not because they cause too many problems. I've had sims die because the dryer catches on fire and the sim goes up in flames! It's kind of traumatizing, to be honest. With that said, I do really love the CAS and BB! I use both of those quite frequently and I love the cozy feel it lends to my saves.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CAS/BB is cute, but otherwise, it's useless to me. I don't use any sort of laundry in my homes. I got it for $5 last December and that's all it's worth, tbh.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I like it - especially the style of decor/CAS items. I do use the laundry gameplay occasionally but I think there was a bug a while back (or perhaps currently, idk if it was fixed) where laundry started to pile up like... really fast, and sometimes wouldn't actually get cleaned in the wash. So I stopped using the laundry feature unfortunately. But I love the idea! And most of the execution lol.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I honestly love it! Laundry Day is one of my favorite Stuff Packs. The items in the pack are just so versatile and fit in with a lot of different themes. Anything that adds to that "everyday life" vibe is what I want.

Kudos EA/Maxis you made me buy a DLC about watching Sims do laundry and be happy about it too.

Honestly I do like the gameplay item in this pack not just the Build Buy and CAS stuff.
  • EMCba2600EMCba2600 Posts: 38 Member
    I love using the Laundry Day pack. It's one of my favourite packs. I really like the CAS, BB and also the gameplay. Everything is so rustic and authentic.
    Origin ID: EMCba2600
    tumblr
    Daily Updates and More!
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't hate it, but I don't use it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I use Laundry Day more than I thought I would. The BB items persuaded me to buy it, though the CAS options aren’t really my style. I do add a washer/dryer into most of my sims homes now, but it really depends on whether you feel like playing a game where you have to keep on top of the laundry, especially in big households.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I really love the look of all the items in the pack for building so I use it all the time. I also like my Sims to do laundry. When I play off the grid I use the clothes line. I feel it adds some extra challenge trying to keep up with all of it.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    tascha wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61
    How do you do vacation homes?
    @tascha Edit vacation homes from world view. When you first enter the game, don't select a sim to play, select the icon for the vacation worlds and you can easily modify vacation lots.

I don't usually put laundry on vacation lots, because I want my sims to relax
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    I like having the washer and dryer in the house aesthetically, but I tend to delete them more often than not because they cause too many problems. I've had sims die because the dryer catches on fire and the sim goes up in flames! It's kind of traumatizing, to be honest. With that said, I do really love the CAS and BB! I use both of those quite frequently and I love the cozy feel it lends to my saves.

@BlueSargent300 put a smoke detector above the dryer and a sprinkler system outside the house. It will put out the fire. You have to upgrade the dryers and remember to clean the lint traps. You can also put a washer and just a couple of clothes lines if you are afraid of the dryers.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    I use Laundry Day more than I thought I would. The BB items persuaded me to buy it, though the CAS options aren’t really my style. I do add a washer/dryer into most of my sims homes now, but it really depends on whether you feel like playing a game where you have to keep on top of the laundry, especially in big households.

@amber_ilumire if you have Parenthood and a child in the scouts, have them do laundry and it helps them build skills.

Without Parenthood, children will still autonomously do laundry. You may have to initiate it in some families
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Most of my Sims like to do laundry so they get what they want when they can afford it, starting with a washtub and clothesline that they have to upgrade. When they want a washer or dryer I'll get them a set. My Sims always want to upgrade one or the other so they start with a lint trap for the dryer to prevent fires and a laundry additive tray for the washer so they can use flowers from their gardens. They eventually complete all of the upgrades as their Handiness skill increases.

I also like many of the CAS and Build/Buy items.
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    I really enjoy it. It is my only stuff pack, however, it really adds to realism in my gameplay. It gives me that slice of life feeling.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Does anyone know why the game keys websites seem to sell laundry day at a higher price than Origin? I am determined to get it next time I find it on sale but it hasn't been on sale at Origin or anywhere else since I made that decision.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • TokamiTokami Posts: 8 New Member
    I love it, It's good for adding more realism to your game. I also really love the build items
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I don't use laundry really (too much fire, I forget to clean the lint) but I use the build/buy and CaS loads.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I use the BB/Cas stuff, but not the washer/drier except in one house I think. Never used the tub/clothesline. I do enough laundry in RL, don't need it in Sims :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    yes i do but i do hope eventually they will had top load washers and dryers to have more choice in term of washer dryer depending on the type of laundry room you went to make for sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I' bought it recently. I've been using the tub and clothes line and it's a nice addition to the game but sadly it's been raining a lot in Windenburg, which makes life more difficult. Fortunately my current household mostly consists of mermaids so they can correct the weather.

I won't be using it ALL the time but it will go well with certain types of gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've used the machines and hamper twice since I got it. I do like the decor that came with it... I just hate doing laundry in real life, why would I want my sims to do it. LOL
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I love the CAS and BB stuff and I use it all the time. I've used the laundry machines a decent amount, and I've used the wash tub and clothes line once but I didn't like how long it took them to actually wash the laundry. Lately I haven't been playing with laundry just because I tend to play larger families and laundry can get pretty annoying because the hampers will fill up super quickly, but I do still like it when I play a small family. It's also good if you have Parenthood because your kids will build responsibility by doing laundry.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I don't use the laundry system much unless I think about it, but the build/buy and cas items I use a lot!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990