December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

I feel that this community SP project has been manipulated.

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 53,792 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Like, they know everyone was goign to want arts & crafts, as well as knitting. Then, I feel they did that because we already have knitting animations included on Discover University, and that they wouldn't have to do anything new for this. I haven't realized that, but Molly posted this video and you can clearly see the knitting needles and textures, as well as animation. Its such a lazy job to manipulate the community to be able to reuse stuff already in game, I would rather have them export and convert assets from SIms 2/3 (which would be a new 3D model in Sims 4) than reuseing stuff. Stop adding recolors of old objects, and now... ANIMATIONS TOO? omg... If you did a knitting animation in DU, add the knitting skill in DU. Otherwise, use the budget you spent on this to add something University related and leave knitting for the SP or a EP. gosh... SOmetimes EAxis is so disrespectful to us.

I kinda feel the same, or I think they purposely just put knitting in there cuz they know a lot of people will vote for that and it will still win. Kinda like how Laundry Pack won. Tho, I still kinda think the Laundry win was rigged. :joy:
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    4xhRjvP.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Looking at the forum polls arts & crafts and knitting were most popular. I agree it's not surprising that they won, but there doesn't need to be a conspiracy behind it.
    It seems relatively unlikely that any one theme would get 51% of the vote with five contenders, but I would guess that a good share ranked arts & crafts first based on the community chatter, with ghosts just behind - probably a close 35-34 split, with the rest going to the other choices. Knitting itself was getting quite a bit of enthusiasm from players.
    Did Arts and Crafts officially get 51% of the vote? If it did it really would not surprise me the polls for which pack people wanted on the forums Arts and Crafts ended up at 46% that would just mean there is a higher % of supernatural players here slightly inflating its numbers on the forum vote.

No, I'm saying it probably didn't get 51% of the vote. It got a plurality, not a majority. It's possible that a runoff might have flipped it, with people who voted for other options voting for the grim reaper option. Then again, some players might have abstained or thrown in with the knitters because they don't care for occults.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 666 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Looking at the forum polls arts & crafts and knitting were most popular. I agree it's not surprising that they won, but there doesn't need to be a conspiracy behind it.
    It seems relatively unlikely that any one theme would get 51% of the vote with five contenders, but I would guess that a good share ranked arts & crafts first based on the community chatter, with ghosts just behind - probably a close 35-34 split, with the rest going to the other choices. Knitting itself was getting quite a bit of enthusiasm from players.
    Did Arts and Crafts officially get 51% of the vote? If it did it really would not surprise me the polls for which pack people wanted on the forums Arts and Crafts ended up at 46% that would just mean there is a higher % of supernatural players here slightly inflating its numbers on the forum vote.

No, I'm saying it probably didn't get 51% of the vote. It got a plurality, not a majority. It's possible that a runoff might have flipped it, with people who voted for other options voting for the grim reaper option. Then again, some players might have abstained or thrown in with the knitters because they don't care for occults.

Why are people still talking about a plurality when we had to rank our choices in order of preference. I did a little bit of googling to see how Surveymonkey determined the most popular choice in such questions:
    Ranking questions calculate the average ranking for each answer choice so you can determine which answer choice was most preferred overall. The answer choice with the largest average ranking is the most preferred choice.

The average ranking is calculated as follows, where:

w = weight of ranked position
    x = response count for answer choice

(x1w1 + x2w2 + x3w3 ... xnwn)/Total response count

Weights are applied in reverse. In other words, the respondent's most preferred choice (which they rank as #1) has the largest weight, and their least preferred choice (which they rank in the last position) has a weight of 1. You can't change the default weights.

For example, if a Ranking question has 5 answer choices, weights are assigned as follows:

The #1 choice has a weight of 5
    The #2 choice has a weight of 4
    The #3 choice has a weight of 3
    The #4 choice has a weight of 2
    The #5 choice has a weight of 1
    We apply weights in this way to ensure that when the data is presented on a chart, it's clear which answer choice is most preferred.
    (from https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/How-do-I-create-a-Ranking-type-question)

It is clear from the discussion here and the user polls that:
    a) Arts and Crafts was the first preference of close to 50% of the people here.
    b) It was the second preference of many of Happy Haunts supporters and those who had other first preferences.
    and
    c) there was probably a substantial group that really did not want Happy Haunts at all and ranked it as their #5 choice.

As for the Happy Haunts people who are unhappy that knitting in particular came out on top, you had the same opportunity to rank the gameplay options within the Art and Craft category as anyone else did you not exercise that choice?
    tsNVdyA.png
    The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Kaon45Kaon45 Posts: 5 New Member
    I agree with you.
    However, i don't think EA are the only one manipulating the community. I've seen a video of lilsimsie where she was almost asking/manipulating her community to vote for arts&craft and knitting.
    Without that video, happy haunts would have probably won. As it was a community favorite before that video.