Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble downloading from the exchange

ShakaBoomShakaBoom Posts: 3 New Member
Hello,
I am having a little trouble with some downloads from the exchange. On quite a few of the downloads, I attempt to install them (from the Game Launch window), and get a message telling me that I cannot install (this) item without first downloading and installing the associated premium content.

I've downloaded some items with no problem. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I'm not great with computer stuff. I'm all about gameplay! :D

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just like in the Sims2 if you did not have an EP but downloaded a recolor of one of the items that came with that- say a sewing maching from FreeTime - the file would be useless to your game. .. Many of the recolored objects on the exchange are recolors of items sold in the Sims3 store. The content installer doesn't crowd your downloads folder with useless content, it lets you know what the problem is. So if you want that recolor- you need to go to the Sims3 store and purchase the original item.
  • Options
    ShakaBoomShakaBoom Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Ruth!

I think I've forgotten all that I knew from Sims2.

:oops:
  • Options
    GiveMeTacoGiveMeTaco Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ShakaBoom wrote:
    Hello,
    I am having a little trouble with some downloads from the exchange. On quite a few of the downloads, I attempt to install them (from the Game Launch window), and get a message telling me that I cannot install (this) item without first downloading and installing the associated premium content.

I've downloaded some items with no problem. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I'm not great with computer stuff. I'm all about gameplay! :D

Thoughts?
    and i think like the premium package that was $70 had some of the stuff in it