Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your university pet peevs

I feel like university has made the unwanted npc population even worse.
I appreciate meeting unique sims, but jeesh. Who let them out the house with the way they look??? Awful
They need fashion advice. Nothing matches.
I use mcccd to take care of all my needs but still. Come on!

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Homework. Hate it real life. Hate it in the virtual world. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Homework. Hate it real life. Hate it in the virtual world. :D

Lmao! Omg
    University couldn't come in a more inconvenient time in my life.
    So I was so excited to purchase this game. Waited for days to buy it.
    Then my new medication started giving me horrible anxiety.
    Omg I spent 44.16 cents on this game and couldnt even enjoy it because the constant homework and studying gave me anxiety on top of general anxiety!
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I wish we could actually watch the graduation ceremony. I don’t mind the classes being rabbit holes, but the graduation ceremony would be nice to view.
    My biggest concern about the game generating random sims to be at the uni events, and bar cane true. I’m playing Cassandra Goth currently and her dad Mort (whose is an angel investor at the top of the business career) is now a member of the debate club and keeps showing up at her school.
  • Options
    nymphebermudanymphebermuda Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it would be great if the students could sit at the meadow on campus to make the campus more realistic and alive :)
  • Options
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I wish we could actually watch the graduation ceremony. I don’t mind the classes being rabbit holes, but the graduation ceremony would be nice to view.
    My biggest concern about the game generating random sims to be at the uni events, and bar cane true. I’m playing Cassandra Goth currently and her dad Mort (whose is an angel investor at the top of the business career) is now a member of the debate club and keeps showing up at her school.

Ugh
    Lame! -___-
    Hope these things get fixed soon!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »

I found a mod that prevents Sims from becoming Spellcasters. Hopefully there will be one to prevent Sims from becoming university students.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    What annoys me is the huge empty space in the middle of both campuses. When an event happens it only takes up a small portion while the rest is just...empty. Could at least be some benches and stuff. Also the campus feels rather empty as a whole. Barely any students walking around.

Also NPC Servos are nearly useless. They are not self sufficient at all and when they break down you need to repair them or leave the lot otherwise they die. I hired the Servos generated by the game in my Robotics themed retail store and they kept on breaking down...

Roommates in the dorm at least seem nearly useless at taking care of themselves. They walk around smelly and needing to use the toilet and eat spoiled food from their inventory. On a similar note I feel like sim autonomy has been messed with. My sims don’t take care of themselves as effectively as before.

Thankfully I have taken care of the townie generation problem by using NPCC mod. I fill up my game with homeless Sims from the gallery and the mod uses them for NPC roles and as uni roommates. Unfortunately there isn’t an option (yet) that allows you to specifically choose uni roommates. The mod only generates townies when there are no other eligible sims to use, for example with Servos appearing at Foxbury or the Von haunt estate ghosts.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not being able to have a proper meal in dorms. I thought even with no stoves my sims would make salads, blt/faux blt and nigiri (from city living) etc but nope only awful microwave meals and quick meals which I hate having my sims eat. I don’t mind too much not having a stove as I start most of my new sims/low cooking skill sims with no stoves in my lots to prevent fires but I feel the dorms are a bit too limiting for cooking.
  • Options
    LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2019
    1) You cannot alter the dorm without using cheats
    - This means among other things, most students do not have their own computer in their room.

2) If you do mod the dorm, the dorm type building template does not allow stoves, not even outdoor grills.

3) 'Research and Debate' skill.
    a) Why are these not separate skills? They are very different skills in reality.
    b) Why is Debate skill not simply a function of Charisma skill? Someone with a 10 Charisma has no skill at debate?
    4) You 'rabbithole' to class, which is fine.. except you do not entirely. Your sim gets in the elevator, then outside, and actually walks to class, which depending on pathing can result in being late to class.

5) Separate homework per class can really add up.

6) You cannot start as a university student. If you intend on living on campus, you have to have a home, apply to university (and apply for any scholarship(s)), wait for acceptance and then sell your home...

7) Dorm rooms are not treated like apartments but rather just as additional communal rooms. You can lock the door, but I have loaded from saves to occasionally find strange students in my Sim's room. And by randomly, I mean loading a save can mean a sim there who was not there when you saved and if you go back to the main menu without saving and load again, that stranger sim may or may not be there next load.

8) No way to actually schedule classes to mesh with a job. IRL in any major university, there are multiple classes of any given common course and you can choose a schedule that works best for you. Uncommon or less taken courses can be another matter, but still...

9) Secret societies. My sim keeps getting sad that people are whispering and she cannot hear them. Seriously? How does such a sim function in public? Cannot go to any restaurant or other public place unless they can hear clearly everything said at every table and feels part of every conversation? Plus the nigh constant sadness is just another artificial barrier to overcome.

10) Moving in on the first day of school. No real settle in time. (This seems to have been a side effect of having enrolled late in the day)

11) The game can schedule back to back courses and in such a case allows no time to get between classes.

12) Terms are too short. Normal RL terms are seasonal, which feels natural. I suspect they set the term length at 7 days since that is the minimum season length but with them that short, it feels like there is no time to really feel like you are at university. Most of the 'extras' such as teams, groups, etc seem to fall by the wayside in favour of simply concentrating on studies.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don’t mind graduation as a rabbit hole if they let us invite other sims, sims sent gifts and text messages, and more importantly there was a graduation party event either that we could plan or that was hosted at the commons like the mixers.

My biggest pet peeve is the biking in foxbury. I love that we have biking but it’s a hassle on that campus.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Foxbury stairs are my biggest pet peeve. Also Sims canceling or not ever getting the automatic go to class early action. This only happens in Foxbury. In Britechester my Sims have never had any problems with going to class.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. Universities are too big, you barely see any sims walking around. On lots, at least for me, sims are entering, and almost immediately they are leaving again, I assume it is because of the maximum 20 sims in zone restriction.
    2. Foxbury have too many stairs, which also makes using bikes almost meaningless over there.
    3. Only one type of bike? I wouldn't have minded a mountain bike and a racing bike.
    4. I think they went too far with roommates being weird and annoying with the crying, playing music, bringing food etc. What they are doing should maybe happen one or twice times a day so it is more of a fun occurrence, when they are constantly doing it's like when someone tells you the same joke over and over again, it just becomes annoying.
    5. You have to guess when the exam is.
    6. If you have many classes, the game can schedule classes so there is barely any time to get to the next class, which IRL is not allowed. At least not on the universities I have been at and the people I have worked with there.
    7. The stove restrictions are very confusing for me living over here in Europe. At least give us the option to choose?
    8. Too few organizations, why can't Britechester have a study group?
    9. Soccer and e-sports matches are just rabbit holes.
  • Options
    LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    logion wrote: »
    1. Universities are too big, you barely see any sims walking around. On lots, at least for me, sims are entering, and almost immediately they are leaving again, I assume it is because of the maximum 20 sims in zone restriction.
    2. Foxbury have too many stairs, which also makes using bikes almost meaningless over there.
    3. Only one type of bike? I wouldn't have minded a mountain bike and a racing bike.
    4. I think they went too far with roommates being weird and annoying with the crying, playing music, bringing food etc. What they are doing should maybe happen one or twice times a day so it is more of a fun occurrence, when they are constantly doing it's like when someone tells you the same joke over and over again, it just becomes annoying.
    5. You have to guess when the exam is.
    6. If you have many classes, the game can schedule classes so there is barely any time to get to the next class, which IRL is not allowed. At least not on the universities I have been at and the people I have worked with there.
    7. The stove restrictions are very confusing for me living over here in Europe. At least give us the option to choose?
    8. Too few organizations, why can't Britechester have a study group?
    9. Soccer and e-sports matches are just rabbit holes.

1) Them being big is pretty realistic, even if so few sims is not.
    5) Exams are always on the last class of that course (and it actually tells you that on a mouseover)
    7) Even in Canada, dorms normally have a communal kitchen.
  • Options
    Omg you know what really gets on my nerves as well???
    My sims roommates are complete slobs.
    Ugh!
    She cleans up after all of them.
  • Options
    alibee99alibee99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing as a Servo in a dorm. One of my roommates will not stop trying to repair my sim all the time. Even where I reset them, they'll immediately restart doing it - it happens when the durability bar is anything less than about 80% so not in poor repair.

You can't do anything about it and it's made my sim late for class on a few occasions. Really annoying and 100% rude! Also odd because, as someone else has said NPC Servos never seem to be repaired unless you do it so not sure why my played servo has a random poking them with a screwdriver every day.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    That it has a bug that won't allow my sim to enroll back into university after the game automatically removed her from it.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    The lack of a performance meter or other clear indicator of the sim's progress in each class.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    I miss the parents saying goodbye as the college student gets in the cab and goes to uni. Now that they have the move one household member out option there should be an actual goodbye type of scene added.

I love that you can ask any homeless sim to be your roommate, however I don’t like that you can’t go to manage worlds and switch out between playing the various roomies. That way you can make sure your sims roommates are progressing through college as you’d like.

I already mentioned hating the parents showing up all the time. I also wish there was an actual acknowledgement that their kid is in college. How about when they do show up they bring a care package with food and maybe money inside? Or when your sim goes home to visit they bring a laundry bag with them? Or have the social option to ask for money? Little
    Details like this would really flush it out. As it stands now the world university is in is just like any other world that spawns any sim at random. It’s almost as bad as how the housed sims from other worlds show up in San myshino in those dumb tourist clothes all the time.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Npc sims who go the uni don’t properly graduate and can’t re enroll into uni for another degree or get any perks from their first degree. I hope this gets fixed soon. This happened to my sim’s boyfriend
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    eyesetokill25eyesetokill25 Posts: 49 Member
    It's almost impossible to do rotational play at university. I thought it would be like on Sims 3. I would have a whole group of young adults go together and have a ball. Now I've got two sims there, both got into different universities, I can't play them both without one failing their degree, and everyone else has spent days waiting for acceptance letters. Ive taken them all out of uni early, I'm going to put all young adults in one household, have them apply at the same time. And hopefully then I can play them at once if theyre on the same campus. Its boring with just one sim doing homework all the time. There isn't as much of a community feel as sims 3 so far. The place seems empty most of the time.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Npc sims who go the uni don’t properly graduate and can’t re enroll into uni for another degree or get any perks from their first degree. I hope this gets fixed soon. This happened to my sim’s boyfriend

This is what happened with Julia Wright the premade in my game. I'm so gutted about it as I was planning to play that household for my first university experience. It's ruined the expansion for me a little and I still haven't been able to experience any of what the expansion has to offer cause of it despite having it since release day.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Distinguished degree, raised a teen all thru school to get all A's, made sure she finished out the bar at A as well, then she got all A+ grades in uni (after being accepted into the distinguished program bc she had all her skills) and ended with a GPA of A+ only to still get only with honors and starting out at level 4 career.....took so much time to make sure she left the whole world alone to study and do her work and get good grades and all thru school to uni and still no distinguished degree.....
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Yeah, if you want to play the pre-made households or other NPC sims the best thing to do is probably to favorite them and then not enroll them for a second term so you can play them later. That's what I am doing right now.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Mine are the lack of integration with holidays and the difficulty with rotational play. I do still love the pack though. The stove situation is annoying too but I got the mod for it. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2019
    Secret Society game play.
    Basically recycling Island Living game play of serving island ghosts to gain their favor.
    Only now it is bizarrely sprites. Not the stuff of college secret societies I think.
    I do like the mechanic of ranking up in the organization though.

I tried it out, but I won't be using it.
    It's just making your sim a slave to sprites.
    I will use Get Together Clubs to create my own secret societies.

The Builderchild Society and their headquarters will be relocating from the Sims 3 to The Sims 4.
    Only better this time using Get Together. I think I will have three chapters. One for Young Adults, one for Adults, and one for Elders. Sims will move to the other chapters as they age. They will all meet at their headquarters.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds