Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really want The Sims 5 to use this AI technology

I think it would be amazing if The Sims 5 could generate people, pets and furniture like this video does:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/nvidia-ai-faces-generative-adversarial-network,news-28869.html
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    It can easily go to uncanny valley. But, it wouldn't work in a game, for now, it jsut replicates images, not 3D environments I think. They don't know you enter the car to drive it and how it should be animated. But I can see a Sims game like that in the far future.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Honestly? I wouldn't want a realistic looking sims game. The charm of the sims is that it isn't real life. I see myself enjoying TS4 much more simply because it isn't as realistic looking as TS3. And as @Karon said, there's a huge risk for it to become uncanny valley, and no one wants that :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    I just want TS4 to properly use it's own AI correctly, this is just yet more processing devoted to pretty pixels, and this is supposed to be a simulation video game, not a screenshot generator.
    Actually playing TS4 is painful right now, due largely to bland sims with zero personality and nearly useless "autonomy". The primary issue with the code that's brought us here is simply that the systems we already have baked into the game have not been properly supported for years now. Rather than actually fill in the data fields properly, Maxis just hid the entire whims system so we wouldn't see the nonsense it was generating. If the data fields were correctly populated, and the conditions properly structured, the AI architecture we already have in place is capable of giving us an entirely different class of game product.
    It's certainly no secret that development is entirely devoted to tweenage girl impulse shopping, and that means cute pixels win over ugly code nobody will ever see every single time, but actively encouraging management to indulge their worst decision tendencies helps consumers not.

Also, I do not "hate the Sims", or any other such nonsense. If some part of me didn't still love the series, I wouldn't be here offering an accurate criticism of what it's doing wrong.