Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trans sims update happened?

So, ever since the gender update happened my sims lives changed forever. I don't think I could do without it now. I was finally able to create a character exactly the way I pictured! It opens up a lot of customization options. And the character I made soon became one of my most beloved sim characters, still till this day he's a main character in all of my sim stories.

However, there was ONE major problem. He couldn't find any clothes to wear!!!! He is a male sim with a female frame to clarify. But nothing looked right on him! All the male clothes seemed to slightly deform the body or give him this janky looking wide neck. The female shirts were even worse because it gave him breast.
I tried tons of cc as well as EA stuff with no luck. And it seems for some reason no custom creators made clothes for his frame type.
His clothes selection was severely limited and he mostly stayed shirtless with a pair of female pants since they fit his body well. It was super frustrating to say the least, since dressing sims fashionably is a must in my sim world.

Then recently I just happen to try him on a male shirt just because, and it shrunk naturally to fit his frame I was like 😱. I went crazy trying all the shirts and they ALL fit his frame!! 😭😭 oh, and the pants too!! it was a joyful day indeed. I got so excited I forgot to try the female shirts but I won't need them anyway now that he has so many options available!!

So my actual question was, did anyone else notice this? I didn't hear anything about it. Was this part of a recent update from the sims tesm? Or was it some unknown mod i used that did this?🤔 or have I finally lost it? :o
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Hmm, I don't know. Might test in my own game tomorrow and see
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'll have to test this out in my game.

There wasn't anything about it in the patch notes, but I thought back when the broader CAS customization update was released, that they said they'd be slowly working on fixing all of the clothing as time went on. Don't quote me on that, as it's been awhile, so I could be wrong, but that's what my memory is serving me.

Maybe they just fixed more? That would be nice. The way the clothing looks and how it distorts their bodies has always bothered me.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i do think it has been silently improved. i tested it on two randomized clones:
    60e3963ecfe05762d7de7380c3d66a9bd8545d03.png
    the last image is of the feminine framed male sim in a female top. iirc that's pretty much what all tops used to look like on feminine framed male sims.
    masculine framed female sims also look better:
    9da1ce66a814e316bfdf451fda79e04b761a68c2.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    The last time I played, I definitely noticed this too. I'm so glad honestly; the way masculine clothes used to sit on feminine framed sims frustrated me.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I tried making my first trans sim a few weeks ago, and I noticed that a lot of the clothing looked better than it used to.

The team did mention that not every asset would look right when the patch first got released, so i guess they’re been slowly fixing it over time, which is nice!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Morgyn Ember in my game is a male with a feminine frame (and the ability to give birth) - I think the female clothing from DU fits his figure nicely. I'll try some from the other packs.

But mind, him having small breasts is actually fitting in my game :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Okay so it's not just me. I'm glad they finally fixed it!! I heard no mention of it but oh well. It's nice to have🤗🤗🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh, cool :) glad to read it.