Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best stuff pack for the supernatural player?

I keep seeing stuff asking about the best packs for family-style players, but what about the players who can't stop themselves from adding vampires to every save?
So what's the best stuff pack for a supernatural player?
(Bonus question: besides Spooky stuff I already own it)

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Whichever one comes with the wishing well (Romantic Garden Stuff?) because it can grant different types of wishes, and if they misfire some might result in your death or just various chaos. Not strictly supernatural though, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited November 2019
    There isn't really any supernatural stuff packs.
    If you wanna get creative you could get vintage glamour for the butlers. Y'know since you mentioned putting vampires in every save and in my save my vampires like to keep thralls with them.

I don't wholly recommend it though since you could just do what I do and add a sim into your household and command them to clean. Also idk how butlers work since I don't own the pack so it could mess with stuff.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There are None😭😭😭 that's why I went crazy at the mention of happy haunts
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Vintage Glamour gives me that Dark Shadows vibe. Even though it's not set in the same time frame, the buy items look like they could pass for antiques that you would find in Collinwood.
    The Butler could be the guard dog for anyone trying to peep around the estate.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Well that's disappointing, I hope happy haunts wins the poll then.

Glamour stuff and romantic garden stuff both seem interesting, especially the wishing well! I'm always a fan of new deaths 😈
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    people are looking to matter-of-factly at this question... none of the stuff packs has a supernatural bent, though romantic garden's wishing well can fit that bill (it also has what i think is the funniest and best relationship type available as a misfired wish for romance... 'enemies with benefits'. max positive romance, max negative friendship. the sims love yelling at each other about every little thing but also love making up via woohoo afterwards)

i do agree that both romantic garden and vintage glamour would be great for your playstyle and both see frequent use with a fair number of my vampire households. the plants and decor items from romantic garden are great additions to victorian builds, older more eco friendly stuff (i use the overgrown varieties with my plantsim household) and more, even if even the darker overgrown options don't quite make it to 'dark gothic' that tends to be the go-to for vampires

but, honestly, since you can have so many different kinds of supernaturals and different goals/stories for each one, every pack has potential to add something for you

like, i've made two alien bowling teams (one male only, one female only) because of the astronaut helmet on the backs of some of the bowling shirts in bowling stuff. it gave a few of my played and many of my townie aliens something to do, to hang out together and keep friendships up (of course, used get together's club system for this)

i love giving alien households with kids the bubalus pet from my first pet stuff, and vampire households sometimes get the pet rat. some of my mermaids also get the 'fishy' table (that they can talk to) while others hate seeing it

luxury party, the makeup options and some of the decor items have a perfect 'slightly otherworldy' look for use with aliens

movie hangouts... that boho look in it has seen use with some of my aliens, one of my half-aliens (it's one of her defining characteristics) and a vampire and spellcaster duo i've got living in the 'offroad' part of brindleton bay. they also use a lot of laundry day assets

backyard stuff, some of the decor items in here are great for sims living the picturesque southern plantation life, whether they be vampires that actually existed then, spellcasters whose families never outgrew it or whatever (i've got some of both living in willow creek in plantation houses). drink tray full of iced tea or lemonade and windchimes are a must for those builds

i've purposefully not gone through every single stuff pack to say how they could be used, but these examples (which are the primarily used ones for me) give you some potential ideas. i've used aspects of every single stuff pack for various supernaturals in my game because they fit the individuals so well (...like a spellcaster stylist i have who is all about the stuff in moschino stuff)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I completely agree with the Romantic Garden and Vintage Glamour packs. Those two, along with Spooky Stuff, are my top three favorite Stuff Packs.

But you said you like to have new deaths, so here's another suggestion...My First Pet. There's a feature that people hardly ever talk about and it's an illness called (I think) Rabid Rodent Fever. If one of the pet rodents bites your Sim, there's a chance they will get this disease. And if it goes untreated, in about two days they will foam at the mouth and die. (And then they become a giant hamster ghost.) The best thing about this disease? It's highly contagious! So you could have a deadly outbreak in your game if an infected Sim goes out and visits some community lots and interacts with a lot of people. I haven't had a chance to create an epidemic yet myself, but it's something that I look forward to exploring. 😈

Also, the rodents themselves seem a little bit "supernatural" on their own with their behaviors and antics.
    #Team Occult
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited November 2019
    Cool kitchen because of the ice cream machine --- Mental Upheaval, Plant Matter, Weight of the World, Chilling Mocha, Dragon's Breath, etc. ice cream flavors :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I want to keep the discussion going but I just bought Movie Hangout Stuff and I'm getting a lot of use out of the hippy sunglasses and the wide brimmed hat that came with the pack for all my vampires!

My First Pet Stuff is definitely an under rated pack too, I still haven't experienced the Rapid Rodent Fever in my game yet but the notifications you get about your rodent are hilarious!