Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fishing Update/Collection Question

I haven't really played too much since the update and hadn't really paid attention a whole lot when I did apparently. Was it part of the update to fishing that talking about local spots not only allows for new notebook entries on fish, but those fish are also found in the fish collection? Every time my sim talks about local fishing spots, she "discovers" a new fish.

Bug or intended?

Comments

• LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Not that I know of. I'm going to go testing away in my game and see how my game behaves. I'll get back to you shortly!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yes, and I have wondered, too. And if it is intended then why?
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited November 2019
    Okay, so I tested with two different sims that already existed in my game and confirmed this is happening to me as well. And it's only the collection log thing like you said-- she's not actually collecting them in her physical inventory. I also tested this with a brand new game, new sim (not from the gallery or anything), and got the same results. I'm thinking this is a bug, since just knowing about them is not the same as collecting them and it seems like an easy way to cheap one's way through the collection achievement.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    That's what I'm thinking - it's an Ultimate Sim, so talk about an easy way to complete a collection! Wasn't sure if it mentioned something, or if it was a bug, so came here first.
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    I grow weary of my sims "discovering" fish and the message popping up at random moments.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They updated fishing quite a bit in the patch before Island Living came out in June of this year:
    This was in the patch notes then:

Fishing Additions:
    Brace yourself, we’re about to cast you into a deep dive…
    We added several new interactions to allow players to fish in different ways and interact with other Sims around fishing activities.
    Sims can perform a few new Fishing-based socials to gain useful info (via UI TNS/Notebook) and push NPCs to Fish.
    Fishing is now joinable.
    Improved fishing interaction tuning and autonomy to make the interaction more efficient and fun.
    Upper skill levels now provide more meaningful rewards, with new Interactions added to Fishing skill levels
    New high skill cast interaction “Angle for Big Catch” increases chance of getting rarer fish.
    New high-skill VFX visuals on Rare fishing spots.
    Ability to now “Mentor Sims in Fishing.”
    Fishing UI has improved information, including Notebook info with Bait information.
    Tuning for fish that can be caught is unique per world & more fishing spots added to some of our previously shipped worlds.
    New bait preference system applied to most existing fish that modify catch chances.
    egTcBMc.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    @Hermitgirl Thanks for that! Still don't see anything about it counting for the collection though.