Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the new assigning beds things doesn't work

it just doesn't. i don't know what went wrong but now my sim can't sleep in the bed while her husband's in there. also they don't automatically sleep on the side you assign to them, they just sleep on the side you click on, so what's the point? i've seen a lot of positive feedback for this feature and i don't understand it. it was better the way it was before
when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've noticed this for siblings as well.
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    I havnt seen this problem in my game yet, it seems to be working perfectly for me when I use it
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I always click the ZZZ in the Needs window to auto-solve bedtime and they go to sleep on their assigned side.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    I've not noticed them ever going to the wrong side other than to woohoo. One of my guys lives alone with a double bed against a wall even. I assigned him to the wall side and he scooches over there every time. It's awesome 'cause I was frustrated before how I couldn't get him and his NPC girlfriend to sleep together in that bed.. now they can, as long as he goes first.

Maybe it gets overridden if you click the bed and tell them to sleep, depending on which side you click on (which actually makes sense, what if you want a sim to sleep on the wrong side for some reason). Every time my sims go autonomously or if I click the icon in the needs panel to auto solve, they go to the proper side.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I always click the ZZZ in the Needs window to auto-solve bedtime and they go to sleep on their assigned side.

I do this too. My sims like to drive me crazy sometimes by choosing the nap option instead of sleep though. :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Woohoo used to override claimed beds in my game. I wonder if it affects the assigned bed option as well now.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    update: it works now for some reason. i think it was because my sims woohooed and i guess that then overrode whatever bug was stopping them from both sleeping in the bed
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Is there a difference between claiming and assigning?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    it just doesn't. i don't know what went wrong but now my sim can't sleep in the bed while her husband's in there. also they don't automatically sleep on the side you assign to them, they just sleep on the side you click on, so what's the point? i've seen a lot of positive feedback for this feature and i don't understand it. it was better the way it was before
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    update: it works now for some reason. i think it was because my sims woohooed and i guess that then overrode whatever bug was stopping them from both sleeping in the bed

I had this problem once and it was because their relationship level had dropped, it could be woohoo brought it back up.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    For whatever reason the game assigned my one sim in one save to the right side of both double beds in the house, even though she had only claimed one before the patch.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs