Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University can't enroll?

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
My sim can't seem to enroll in University. I've had her apply and she got accepted. I've also had her scholarship accepted but when I go to enroll the option is grayed out and when I hover over it just says "Your sim can't enroll for more courses at this time". Am I doing something wrong here? It's one of the premade sims Julia Wright. The game randomly assigned her a job and some how made her homeless, I have no idea if a mod is responsible for her being removed from the university or the game itself. All I want is for her to get back into university so I can play the best friends household as it was meant to be. University is proving to be quite a frustrating experience so far.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Haven't experienced this myself.

If you believe it might have something to do with a mod though, then you should test it out without any of your mods installed. Just don't save before you exit the game after testing, if you rely on any particular changes from the mods, if that makes sense.

If you have a lot of them, use the 50/50 method of removing half of them and testing that way. If it still occurs, remove the other half, and if it is mod-related and the problem goes away, then the point of the problem would probably be in the second half of mods.

If it isn't mod-related, maybe attempt repairing your game or cleaning out your TS4 folder. Test on a new save or a different Sim, even. Otherwise, it might just simply require a game restart or actually be a bug that needs to be reported.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    In my game, Julia is enrolled in britechester, she already lived in one of the dorms.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    What does it say on her Career panel? If the game dropped her out for some reason, I think there is a waiting period before you can re-enroll.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    In my game, Julia is enrolled in britechester, she already lived in one of the dorms.

@Dianesims Yeah she was at first in my game. At some point while I was busy playing a different family Julia was randomly assigned a job as a massage person in one of my gyms and moved out of the dorms into where the homeless sims are. Her best friend Becca Clark still lives in the same dorms. I'm just trying to get her back where she originally was but the game is making it difficult.
    What does it say on her Career panel? If the game dropped her out for some reason, I think there is a waiting period before you can re-enroll.

@popstarissa I think that's maybe what happened. When the game assigned her a job it's automatically dropped her out of University. Do you have any idea how long the waiting period might be? I really wanted to play this household for my first University experience.
  • MozeMoze Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. I have 2 young adult Sims that met in university the first time they went. After they graduated, they moved out, got married, la di da. I decided I wanted both of them to go back to earn another degree. One of them was able to actually enroll right away, but the other one is having some issues with it. He's been accepted, scholarships were accepted, but the enroll button is all grayed out and says, "Your Sim can't enroll for more courses at this time." Using debug University on that Sim takes me to the course enrollment window but doesn't show up as a thing in his career. Ugh...

I don't use Mods so I don't think it has anything to do with mods. Maybe it has to do more with NPCs, since the Sim I'm having issues with was an NPC before I added him to my household.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @moze I wonder if the game doesn’t let you apply if you’re very close to aging up to Adult? Are the two Sims different Sim days old?
    edited November 2019
    I've played this household for three sim weeks now and Julia still cannot enroll back into university despite being accepted at both. I've tried everything, removed all mods and custom content, repaired the game and nothing works. Does anybody else not have this issue with a sim randomly being thrown out of university while unplayed without any explanation? I'm actually so disappointed that this is my first experience with the expansion and I was so looking forward to it before it released. :(
  • AwkwardAlexaAwkwardAlexa Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. I first started with the sim I made and she met her boyfriend in university and when she graduated I moved them in together. I figured her boyfriend already got his diploma because he was no longer living in the dorms anymore. When i moved them in together I wanted him to start a new degree but it continually says that the sim has graduated and there are no more terms to attend. I've waited to see if his diploma will appear in his inventory but nothing has happened. He is not close to aging up to an adult. The enroll in more classes is grayed out for me too. If someone can PLEASE help that would be amazing :smile:
    edited November 2019
    I'm having the same issue. I first started with the sim I made and she met her boyfriend in university and when she graduated I moved them in together. I figured her boyfriend already got his diploma because he was no longer living in the dorms anymore. When i moved them in together I wanted him to start a new degree but it continually says that the sim has graduated and there are no more terms to attend. I've waited to see if his diploma will appear in his inventory but nothing has happened. He is not close to aging up to an adult. The enroll in more classes is grayed out for me too. If someone can PLEASE help that would be amazing :smile:

Mine doesn't even say that she graduated. The game just removed her from the dorms and won't let her enroll back no matter what I do. I've played over 30 sims days now with this household and the option to enroll is still grayed out. I've pretty much given up at this point. :(
  • moondansrmoondansr Posts: 12 New Member
    Same problem, would love a solution whether it's a cheat or a patch. I even tried resetting the Sim and taking him back to the school area in case the game still thought he was moving out. Super sad :(
    @AwkwardAlexa @moondansr I think I've found a way to fix the enroll issue although I haven't tested it yet cause I don't have enough time left with Julia now in my current rotation...

Type testingcheats on in the cheat box and then press shift while clicking on the sim that can't enroll. There is an option there for University cheats, click on that option and then select enroll university and the little enroll screen pops up. I haven't gone past this stage though so I have no idea if it actually works although I can't see why it wouldn't work if the option is there. I hope this helps.
  • AwkwardAlexaAwkwardAlexa Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > @AwkwardAlexa @moondansr I think I've found a way to fix the enroll issue although I haven't tested it yet cause I don't have enough time left with Julia now in my current rotation...
    >
    > Type testingcheats on in the cheat box and then press shift while clicking on the sim that can't enroll. There is an option there for University cheats, click on that option and then select enroll university and the little enroll screen pops up. I haven't gone past this stage though so I have no idea if it actually works although I can't see why it wouldn't work if the option is there. I hope this helps.

I have tried that and it didn't work for me... My sim didn't have the classes I chose in the career tab.
    I have tried that and it didn't work for me... My sim didn't have the classes I chose in the career tab.

Aww I'm sorry. I was hoping it would be helpful. I hope the developers are aware of this issue so it can at least be fixed sometime in the future.
  • RosenongrataRosenongrata Posts: 3 New Member
    Since I can't make topics of my own for whatever reason. I'll just use this topic.

So, my sim got the acceptance letter for university, but when I go to pay for enrollment, the option is all greyed out. I have no clue what to do.
  • RosenongrataRosenongrata Posts: 3 New Member
    Never mind. It started working after I closed the game and reopened it.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sim can't seem to enroll in University. I've had her apply and she got accepted. I've also had her scholarship accepted but when I go to enroll the option is grayed out and when I hover over it just says "Your sim can't enroll for more courses at this time". Am I doing something wrong here? It's one of the premade sims Julia Wright. The game randomly assigned her a job and some how made her homeless, I have no idea if a mod is responsible for her being removed from the university or the game itself. All I want is for her to get back into university so I can play the best friends household as it was meant to be. University is proving to be quite a frustrating experience so far.

Same here. Keeps saying she and Becca has to wait a few days but about 3 weeks in game time has passed, now.

I also still don't know why she and the Becca Sim was forced to move out and suspended when they both had an A+ and B for their grades when I last played both pre-made Sims a few days prior. Only to come back to the game and see that.
    Does anyone know if Is this a bug or glitch? Now, I have no access to the lot at all.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    edited December 2019

Same here. Keeps saying she and Becca has to wait a few days but about 3 weeks in game time has passed, now.

I also still don't know why she and the Becca Sim was forced to move out and suspended when they both had an A+ and B for their grades when I last played both pre-made Sims a few days prior. Only to come back to the game and see that.
    Does anyone know if Is this a bug or glitch? Now, I have no access to the lot at all.

I played an entire sim year with my seasons set at 14 days each with that household and even after a year she still could not enroll. It must be a bug or something. Why the game is just removing them from university I have no idea. I notice that Cameron Fletcher has also been removed into the homeless sim tab. He is an unplayed premade in my game. It's really frustrating.

I played an entire sim year with my seasons set at 14 days each with that household and even after a year she still could not enroll. It must be a bug or something. Why the game is just removing them from university I have no idea. I notice that Cameron Fletcher has also been removed into the homeless sim tab. He is an unplayed premade in my game. It's really frustrating.

Yeah, I feel ya. It's very dissappointing. I agree its probably a bug. I'm to going to put in a complaint on their EA support board. Maybe, they will recognize this problem and fix it. But sometimes their "fixes" take forever to happen. Ughh.. Btw, you're right, when you use testingcheats.true, The sim just gets kicked out all over again and it doesn't remove the suspension nor let them enroll.
  • KaykaythesimmerKaykaythesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Y’all I figured it out if it says you can’t enroll in anymore courses at this time. Just shift click on the sim make sure you have testing cheats on. Then after you shift click on the sim it should say university debug menu click that, then it should say enroll in university. And it worked!!
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I have the same issue too. I’m a console user. My sim graduated and married someone (townie/NP) at the university after leaving with their degrees. Unfortunately the sim I marrieds degree is not benefiting any career, as if they degree doesn’t exist. So I tried to apply again and get a acceptance letter but a greyed our enroll tab. ‘Your sim can’t enroll at this time...’ every forum about the issue says there’s a cool down time or to cheat. I don’t want to cheat and it’s been a year wait in the sim world for a “cool down time”. I hope they can’t fix this.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2020
    This bug is horrible. I really wish they would get it together. Some of these bugs really need to be emergency patched. This is why I don’t pay full price for anything anymore. Every pack seems to have some significant bug and it is getting old.
    I have a sim that needed only 1 credit to graduate, but was put on suspension due to the bug since November. Lol, I refuse to have him start all over again...
  • RgryzasRgryzas Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the exact same problem. I haven't tried this yet but if you think a mod is causing a problem try temporarily disabling mods/cc and then try enrolling.
    Rgryzas wrote: »
    I am having the exact same problem. I haven't tried this yet but if you think a mod is causing a problem try temporarily disabling mods/cc and then try enrolling.

It's not mod related. I tried removing my mod folder and the problem still existed.
  • mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    Y’all I figured it out if it says you can’t enroll in anymore courses at this time. Just shift click on the sim make sure you have testing cheats on. Then after you shift click on the sim it should say university debug menu click that, then it should say enroll in university. And it worked!!

@Kaykaythesimmer You are my personal hero! This worked. Thank you so dang much!
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top