March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates making meals all the time.

One thing I find a little annoying is the fact that quite a few roommates tend to bring full meals of food over every day and leave them sitting all over the place. They always end up spoiling and it looks horrible.

Haven't found a mod to fix it yet but you CAN do it manually with cheats (if you're on a PC).

It's easiest if you have the Sim Info mod. There's a hidden trait on some sims "trait_RoommateNPC_Archetype_Mealmaker" that will trigger them to bring a meal over every day. This is NOT limited to the school dorms! I had a home and just found a roommate and they did it too. You can see the trait with the Sim Info mod under "Hidden Traits" to verify they have it, but if the sim constantly brings over food, they likely have it.

You can remove it but not by using the UI Cheats menus. The trait won't show up in the UI menu.

The easiest way to do it is like this... It's a simple modification of the standard remove traits command. I've pieced it together from things found on the internet, internal Sims 4 python scripts and a little experimentation.

The sim I had as a roommate was L. Faba. I wanted to remove the trait without having to add her to my family. (didn't want to possibly screw up the "roommate" system.) I removed the hidden trait by bringing up the console and typing this:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name L. Faba
( it responded:) 817414319375190745
traits.remove_trait trait_RoommateNPC_Archetype_Mealmaker 817414319375190745

And that was it. Now, If I can only figure out how to add that function to the interaction wheel so I can just click on a sim and do it...

Comments

• TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 111 Member
    you can have sages as roommate's?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Lol. I guess so. She was the first one that showed up.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited November 2019
    wow wish mine did, there was hardly ever food that I finally cheated and placed a cafeteria in my dorms.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Since I have yet to locate a real place, such as a cafeteria to feed my Sim, I find the meals made are a good thing. My Sim even barbecued some steaks to bring to the dorm. Hey, he's a celebrity and is rolling in Simoleons. It's the least he could do, right? o:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, I ended up modifying the dorms and put in a full size fridge. I ended up having three sims all with that trait. Spoiling food was everywhere. I occasionally put them in the fridge to make them last a bit longer. But there still ends up being far too many. Even the ones in the fridge mostly end up spoiling.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    Thank you, now I want to see what other hidden traits I can remove. Like the violinist.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    here's another thread about this, linking it here because i explain the different hidden traits roommates can have that affect the things they do. 'mealmaker' is one of them, some people get multiple mealmakers in one dorm (...i had three for the first sim i took to uni...)

if you know how to use cheats to adjust traits, you can design your roommates as you see fit (which is something i've been doing lately). if you don't know but want to learn, page 10 of the hidden traits discussion explains it (with me showing how to make any sim you want into one of your ages, but you can use the first set of commands for everything, just adjust the hidden traits you want to equp from the list later down on the page)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968974/abandoned-food-in-the-dorm-discover-university#latest