Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows vs. Mac

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

I much prefer Windows. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Windows vs. Mac 58 votes

Windows
70%
PlayerSinger2010NianamcruddTEXASKITTYKATIObelleMaus652Bluellesmurf45blueCary1213phantasmkissmotdkChampandGirlieDevilNDisguiseianxziannaliese39BMSOsillyangel0906r0b0tman5DeKayDarkSuperNinja 41 votes
Mac
24%
lisamwittMcFizzleShizzleSkeilahKaseyandsimsDianesimscitysimmerx4m1r4AriaMad2izecsonnerdfashionpopstarsleySimmyFroggyquæksethkj 14 votes
Linux
5%
LquinnDestinycrowPENchaotic 3 votes
Other
0%

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Windows
    Windows is so much easier to navigate.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Mac
    I’m gonna say mac because I find it much easier and intuitive to use than windows.

When it comes to video games though Macs aren’t great.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Mac
    I meant to vote Windows
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Windows
    Windows, Much easier to fix the computers and reprogram them when they are windows plus it's easier to navigate from the First DOS system to window's 10 and they are way better for gaming. I find mac to be a bit of a drag.. No offense to those who prefer apple products.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Mac
    I mean, Sims is the only game I play that really takes up a lot of space, so as long as it runs smoothly I'm good. And I've been using Apple products for as long as I can remember, so...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mac
    I have both top 3 os, windows is for gaming, mac is for work, and linux is for experimenting like deploying network monitoring such as zabbix or mail server like zimbra. But i prefer Mac over all because of the stability and performance. i also ran 3 virtual machines in my mac without any performance impacts
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Windows
    Windows.

At my age trying to learn a new OS is for the birds.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    Windows
    Windows. I grew up using Windows and trying to navigate a Mac hurts my brain.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Options
    lucciealucciea Posts: 99 Member
    Windows
    ive had windows for as long as i can remember, and switching OSes would be confusing for me so im staying with windows for a while :)
    im weird but i like it that way!

j8k3xea.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Mac
    I've had both. We have Macs now for reasons unrelated to gaming. But, it does run my game very well, and I've had fewer issues than I did when I had Windows. Although it probably has more to do with my ability to spend more on a higher end machine than I could back when I had Windows.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Windows
    In my experience if you use loads of editing and design programs and things like that one would like mac

but other than that I'd definitely pick windows for myself because its often less problematic and much cheaper
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mac
    izecson wrote: »
    I have both top 3 os, windows is for gaming, mac is for work, and linux is for experimenting like deploying network monitoring such as zabbix or mail server like zimbra. But i prefer Mac over all because of the stability and performance. i also ran 3 virtual machines in my mac without any performance impacts

I played Sims 2 in a Windows partition for years on my Mac. It ran beautifully. The only reason I don't currently is that I haven't set up a partition since I bought a new computer.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mac
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I played Sims 2 in a Windows partition for years on my Mac. It ran beautifully. The only reason I don't currently is that I haven't set up a partition since I bought a new computer.

Are you talking about bootcamp or using vm ?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Mac
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Are you talking about bootcamp or using vm ?

Sorry, bootcamp. I did also play using Parallels vm for years though before that. Either way, I was just agreeing with your point that a Mac is doable, even though a lot of people seem to think it's not.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Mac
    I switched to Mac last year. I love it!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    KaseyandsimsKaseyandsims Posts: 37 Member
    Mac
    Mac has a more aesthetically pleasing layout but are expensive af
  • Options
    DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    Linux
    I mean, Windows is good and all for running Sims, but I prefer Linux. I have never owned a Mac in my life, but they look confusing as plum.

Windows computers are confusing as plum sometimes.

(And anyhow, the Linux mascot is awesome.)
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Windows
    i prefer Windows
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    askaboutniaaskaboutnia Posts: 16 New Member
    Windows
    I have both a windows and a Mac. I prefer my windows for literally everything. I use my mac to edit. That's it. If my windows ran my editing software as well as my mac does I wouldn't even need the mac!