March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog Locate Collectible / Rock Finder Challenge Issues

AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
I've done many TS3 challenges but I have never been able to complete the Rock Finder Challenge with any dog. I wonder if the challenge is broken, as I tried a couple of things and found the results lacking big time.

I wonder if Locate Collectible - Find Rock is broken: I just used the command twice, locating a number of dig sites of which 2 on unroutable terrain. From the others I gathered 11 fragments of one or the other and an empty chips bag, but 0 space rocks. While the command was "go find space rocks". Is this a bug or is this on purpose?

I tested out some percentages by putting needs on static and having my dog sniff out collectables for a couple of days without break, just to test how workable it is even with cheats. After days of working non stop she only found 7! Then I placed 200 dig sites from Buydebug, and out of those 200 only about 10 were space rocks.

Has anybody ever succeeded doing this challenge? Is there a mod or cc that makes the space rocks more available for dogs? (Not a mod that makes the amount for the challenge less, but a mod that makes the amount found a bit higher) I hope someone can help me out!

Edit: Compared to the Cat Hunting challenges I think these are really off-balanced. Cats have to find 4x20 (80) things, of which fishing is easily done and for the other three things you can put down spawners and have done with it with relative ease. Dogs however need 3x50 (150) things for their challenges, which are also considerably harder to find....
Post edited by AlHollandiyah on