Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know of a mod to make roommates stop leaving food everywhere?

They said that they wanted us to take our sims to the commons, but there are literally plates of stinky food all over the dorms. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    They said that they wanted us to take our sims to the commons, but there are literally plates of stinky food all over the dorms. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Yeah, they went overkill on the bringing food home. They also leave it in their inventory and will eat spoiled food for days getting themselves sick all the time. My sim recently had a roommate that baked cakes everyday. EVERYDAY. And brought home cookies everyday. Just stop already!

I kicked them out. Waiting for Maxis to clean up this mess before trying to have roommates again.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2019
    Eh, I kind of like this feature. I have my sim swipe a few plates and eat the leftovers from his fridge. I mostly ignore the messes since they kind of add to the "ambiance".

He kind of shifts between his mini-fridge, the commons and occasional stuff elsewhere. I like having options.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019

when you got the likes of Get together, you get vendor stalls that once placed in say Oasis Springs in the zone where the roomies are, opposite that lot is a small park, the vendor stall is in there, if you leave it long enough, a lot of trash builds up, the same in San Myshuno as well, particuarly in the fashion district. Even when the stands change position at 2am in the mornings, some of the trash is deleted but a lot of trash is left behind as well.

this isn't a new thing honestly, it is just made worse with DU. if anything it should encourage EA to fix the issue and force sims to clean up after themselves or simply delete the cup or plate after consumption.

Related to this i see sims walk in with something in their hands like a muffin or a drink, they walk over to a table, sit down, drop the item and then get up and walk off. it happens all the time.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I had this too but .. after changing the dorms to have fewer beds and a cafeteria, somehow this problem has mostly stopped? Now they OCCASIONALLY bring around a plate of cookies or a cake but never a million different plates of food gone bad. Idk if it's related to having a cafeteria or just fewer NPCs around but you could try if this helps you too :)
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I had this too but .. after changing the dorms to have fewer beds and a cafeteria, somehow this problem has mostly stopped? Now they OCCASIONALLY bring around a plate of cookies or a cake but never a million different plates of food gone bad. Idk if it's related to having a cafeteria or just fewer NPCs around but you could try if this helps you too :)

Lucky. My dorm has a cafeteria in it, but it's still constantly filled with spoiled plates full of large meals and baked goods.