Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 new Pack non official exit poll

13...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Happy Haunts
    yea..
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    Nice to see that the poll results here are in the exact order I picked in the first poll. :D
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    I wish they'd had an "all of them! option, but I chose arts & crafts, because I think our sims need more hobbies & recreational activities. Happy Haunts was a close second, that would be fun, plus we might be able to talk them into adding a cemetery lot type to it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Science and Tech
    It will go well with Get to Work, Strangerville & University. Plus my tech Scientists needs more stuff to do.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    Science and Tech actually looks like it is polling better than I thought and might pick up more votes as a "second choice". It might not win but it might have enough interest to get incorporated in another pack. It's definitely in the "second choice that I'd likely still get" category.

I honestly think they should make both Arts and Crafts and Happy Haunts.

Anyway, I guess it's suspense now to see what officially won.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    Arts & Crafts because it's the closest to what I'm interested in for relaxation time. Also has the potential to fit in with simming set in earlier time periods. Not into tech, and self care too much like health care - which the health industry in the country has me fed up with. Put haunts dead last as the reality behind what they think is cute is far from it.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Not that is really matters, especially now that it lost; but I really really really wanted to play as the grim reaper. It was something new, different and fun for both occult and none occult sims.

But now that were stuck with knitting, you bet I will be pushing hard for goth and vampire inspired knitting.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Happy Haunts
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Not that is really matters, especially now that it lost; but I really really really wanted to play as the grim reaper. It was something new, different and fun for both occult and none occult sims.

But now that were stuck with knitting, you bet I will be pushing hard for goth and vampire inspired knitting.

Yup, disappointed but not surprised here. There was no question that knitting was going to win. What I would have found amusing is if ironing was added as an option for a stuff pack. Would the server have melted down?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »

Yup, disappointed but not surprised here. There was no question that knitting was going to win. What I would have found amusing is if ironing was added as an option for a stuff pack. Would the server have melted down?
    Well, let’s see how popular ironing is, there must be a website or forums dedicated to it if you’re implying it’s so wonderful? But I can’t find one.
    On the other hand, there are 8,781,131 members of the most popular knitting/crochet website, Ravelry.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I hope that the gurus see how close the vote was and consider happy haunts for a future pack. Maybe a game pack with all of the new careers added? It seems like it would be more fleshed out that way.

I liked arts and crafts too but not now that everyone is calling it the knitting pack. I really hope it's more than just knitting and includes other crafts like weaving and sewing. I knit all the time in real life I have nothing against it I just think it's a boring stuff pack idea unless they add more too it.
  • ReeganYReeganY Posts: 3 New Member
    Self Care
    I think self care would’ve been a cute pack for the sims. Imagine if your sim could get acne without you making them have it in build mode (I don’t use them anyway) and they had to wash their face to treat the spots and they could use face masks.

What if they added body hair and your sim had to shave once in a while. I know they probably wouldn’t ad that it but it’s a nice idea.

What if you could have a period in the sims and you had to buy all of the sanitary products you needed and you’d get uncomfortable if you didn’t.

This has nothing to do with the pack but I also think disabilities need to be added. The sims team said “equal play since 2000” but what about people with wheelchairs.ex.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    ReeganY wrote: »
    I think self care would’ve been a cute pack for the sims. Imagine if your sim could get acne without you making them have it in build mode (I don’t use them anyway) and they had to wash their face to treat the spots and they could use face masks.

What if they added body hair and your sim had to shave once in a while. I know they probably wouldn’t ad that it but it’s a nice idea.

What if you could have a period in the sims and you had to buy all of the sanitary products you needed and you’d get uncomfortable if you didn’t.

This has nothing to do with the pack but I also think disabilities need to be added. The sims team said “equal play since 2000” but what about people with wheelchairs.ex.

It's a mod, so not official, but Kwaiistacie's Slice of Life mod covers acne and menstrual cycles, though I've pulled those scripts from my installation because I don't like dealing with those in real life, so I'm not interested in dealing with it in the sims.
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I voted for happy haunts for the ghost hunter career to be honest the whole pack seemed really fun
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I love occults ghosts are no exceptions. I would love to have more options for ghosts. I think Arts and Crafts should have been part of the parenting pack that is officially out with that as a new skill for families to work on together. I think of my cousin and how she is with her niece that she is raising and her own kids when I think of it, as a family activity and a way to teach kids self-expression through positive outlets.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I voted Happy Haunts as my first choice I was looking forward to more occult/supernatural stuff there isn't enough of it in sims 4 and I thought a grim reaper career would of been really cool and it would of been completely new to the sim series.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Happy haunts even though it's a silly sounding name. GRIM.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Arts and Crafts
    I voted for it because it reminded me of a part from "The Sims 2 - Free Time" expansion pack. However, I would have preferred pottery over knitting.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2020
    Arts and Crafts
    I voted for arts and crafts for two reasons:
    1. Arts and Crafts is one of my favourite aspects of the Sims. I hope that the popularity of the theme in the votes will inspire the devs to make a Hobby GP some time.
    2. I wanted this to be an elder SP. It's not exactly what happened, but we are getting some activities for elders (knitting, rocking chairs and one or two stereotypical elder clothing items), which is very nice. I hope they'll add even more elder details to the pack.

If we had to vote again now, I'd say Happy Haunts. I would really like some more grungy, spooky stuff in the game. It would be especially good to focus more on death, since we don't even have proper mourning. I really hope we get funerals soon, at the very least. I'm not interested in playing as Grimmy, but it would be cool to see some more functionality for ghosts. I haven't even touched ghosts yet in TS4, even though I have had it since launch (mostly bc I've never actually played a sim to their death in TS4 since I get bored and start a new save, but anyway). If sims can commune with ghosts via seances, ghost hunts etc, I'd be more intrigued to give them a look. I'd also like an update to voodoo, since we currently only have the doll and it's such a random object with almost no context outside of itself that I can't be bothered to play with it.

Then, I'd like aspects of Fun Tech and Science and Tech to be in a futuristic EP with a futuristic city :smiley: I just really want a futuristic city with tiny apartments, blue drinks and an advanced high society that is obsessed with fine arts (interior decorating and architecture careers) and entertainment.
    I am bummed that UL went with the robot theme, since they would be perfect here, but maybe a new type of butler robot could be introduced. The content from the surveys like virtual gholf, high tech gadgets etc sounded fun, but too random to just be a SP bc they need context where they make sense. The current sim world is not high tech enough for the objects to just be casually placed in a sim home, so this city would be perfect.

I hope Self-care is integrated into a pack that makes sense, since I really would like some of the features (like smoothies) that it proposed. The theme on its own isn't enough to intrigue me, though, especially since we already have Spa Day that focuses on self care in the form of pampering.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    Happy Haunts
    I voted for it, but kinda glad it didn't win now, because I would rather have it as part of an Afterlife EP, like they had on one survey. Happy Haunts and Dangerous Stuff could be added to the Afterlife theme. Simheaven for the nice sims and they live in cloud homes. They all have the happy trait. Angel wings could be added and ghosts could be updated.

The bad ones go to SimHatees. The good ones can come back the the bad ones are stuck and are tormented by grim, who reminds them of stuff from their live sim life. We could finally, finally get cemeteries, the crypt, and the crypt keeper job.

Wills(ability to make and it will be read at the funeral), funeral party type added, ability to pick out flowers, casket, outfit to wear, andtype of headstone(two sims/fancy/xL standing one/small round/square ones/ stone look ones/leaning ones/cheap ones) or urns(fancy/poor/ornate/magical looking/gothic). The remaining sim could also decide if the headstone stayed on the family lot or the cemetery, while urns would turn up at the house or in the personal inventory.

We could also have more Grim interactions, his house like in S3, and more gothic stuff/clothes. Funeral parlor and funeral director job.

For those with Pets, there could be a pet cemetery as well so our furry loved ones could go to these places as well and have a headstone.

Would love to have something like this.