Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you upgrade Servo?

I finally built one. Now how do you upgrade it. By the way you have to have level 8 in robotics to build it and by the time you craft enough parts to actually build the thing you will be level 10. In any event unless the upgrade is automatic I can't find any option to upgrade.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I haven't gotten into building anything yet, but I did click on the station where you build them at and I saw something about upgrading.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Are you sure you can't deactivate the Servo somehow and put him back on the workbench for upgrades? That is just a guess. I know the science machine you actually have to drag the invention onto it for any upgrades.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    No. It seems that the enhancement process is automatic and continuous.
    I figured it out. In order to enhance your servo it needs "life experience" and it gets that by improving skills. That earns enhancement. Once the enhancement hit 100% you can do the enhancement for that level. The actual enhancement will cost in terms of robot parts, chips and mechanism.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I figured it out. In order to enhance your servo it needs "life experience" and it gets that by improving skills. That earns enhancement. Once the enhancement hit 100% you can do the enhancement for that level. The actual enhancement will cost in terms of robot parts, chips and mechanism.

Wow I would never imagine that. This pack is surprising me everyday. Do you know what the upgrades do?
    edited November 2019
    You get the ability to self repair, various improvements in faster times to learn skills and reduced recharging needs. A good skill to learn is vampire-ism. The reason is that you level that skill faster than other skills and each skill level gets you about 80% of an enhancement level. Once you get the 100% enhancement stop learning the skill because it will be wasted. Go ahead and do the enhancement and go back to learning the skill.

For some reason the rapid enhancement stopped after I reached level 10 in vampire. The amount of increase seems to vary depending on the level of the skill and I haven't figured out why some skills and skill levels give a lot of enhancement and some don't. Leveling up a skill seems to be when the percentage of enhancement increases.

Vampire-ism is also an easy A in University because it levels up so quickly.
    Post edited by Bronwin2 on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    My servo is downloading her upgrade. It’s been close to two sim days and the download’s not even up to 50%..... is this a bug ?
    No. It's just slow. What you need to do is work on the Servo's skills. Improving skill increases the % of improvement. Once you reach 100% then you need to do the improvement which will require parts, computer chips and mechanisms, and the required level of robotics skill.
  • Toni21667Toni21667 Posts: 5 New Member
    Here is what I found out that works. For each level you need to have 2 stats. Like baking and charisma. They have to be main ones to give you 100%. And to get parts for your robot all you need to do is hold shift and click the bench to get them. So basically you need to hod ctrl+shift+c type in testingcheats on, then level up all the abilities with cheats 2 per robot level. Getting parts just shift click the bench. I know it only took me about 1 full hour to get him to level 10. And that was using high speed with he was leveling.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I finally built one. Now how do you upgrade it. By the way you have to have level 8 in robotics to build it and by the time you craft enough parts to actually build the thing you will be level 10. In any event unless the upgrade is automatic I can't find any option to upgrade.

I am pretty sure the upgrade option is found at the servo, and you need a high level in robotics to do it.