December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

These Poll Choices were Plum

«13
ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 540 Member
With "Fun-Tech Features" I basically left it all blank because I thought they were all dumb.

The "Science & Technology Features" had more interesting choices.

The I go to "Self-Care Routines Features" and I see...vegan. Isn't vegetarian already a trait from City Living? I know what the difference is, but I feel like it is redundant, and it's not really a trait, it's a life style. That was definitely number 5 for me.

Skipped the Happy Haunts because I could care less about supernatural (couldn't it have been added to the Making Magic pack or something?? EA grabbing our money again, huh?

Hoping the Science & Technology theme wins overall. But man, were these choices...eh.

webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif

Comments

  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 1,224 Member
    Yeah none of them really appealed to me. I'm sure somebody will enjoy those things though.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,264 Member
    While I understand we have many Simmers who love playing occult Sims, I'm disappointed the teams feel we need more, and included Happy Haunts to the list of possibilities. Vampires, mermaids, Spellcasters, ghosts, aliens and Island Spirits, along with traits and aspirations for some, with their own perks, interactions, and relevant worlds. There has been a lot added to the game for the occult players. Let's spread out and try some new features for the game. Features many Simmers have been asking for, for a long time. I am not saying the occult enthusiasts should be left out. Everyone has the right to hope for what they want in the game. But the kids, teens and elders in the game have not been given much of anything new for a long time. And from the early results I have seen from the first round of voting, Happy Haunts is in first place. I have already passed on buying Vampires, RoM, and DU because of bugs, and features I 'might' use in the future, but if Happy Haunts is going to be the next new pack, I will pass on it. In the beginning Sims4 was all about YAs, then we slowly began getting things for families with Parenthood and Seasons, packs for kids and toddlers, but the game was still leaning heavily towards YAs and their activities. Now it's as if the balance has shifted in the direction of the occults. There simply doesn't seem to be a good balance with features being added for all types of playing styles. Our toddlers have been hit twice with serious glitches in recent months. Platters of food are appearing everywhere since IL was released. Now players are saying their worlds are being overrun with way more random Sims than neccessary in DU. The game feels unbalanced and I wish the teams could find a way to create packs that include features for everyone rather than release pack after pack for one group then stop adding anything for that group in the next pack. It's a feast or famine scenario. There is a lot of new content being asked for. But then we get it all at once, or we get nothing. Then we wait, and don't buy anything, or add anything new to the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 17,478 Member
    I picked the Hobbies pack first because elders need more to do.
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

    Everyone is a Simmer.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 1,817 Member
    I liked Science/Tech, and the arts and crafts one. The rest I didn't really care about, although the fitness watch with a pedometer thing could be fun if done right.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 3,549 Member
    I liked several of them. I most likely will pick arts and crafts, but like the science one, and parts of the others too, too bad we can’t get several packs with some of these things.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 3,302 Member
    The options are pretty bad I really cant believe this is the selection we got to choose from it instantly took out any excitement I would of had.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 297 Member
    I didn't think they were all dumb. The one that has the Sim become friends with a bot was the silliest one that I saw. My Sims don't become friends with talking toilets or dolphins so I wasn't interested in that one at all. I certainly don't watch my friends or relatives when they sew, knit, crochet, do ceramics, or paint. But I like to hear about how they picked colors and textures, see their progress, and see the finished product. I'm not sure how that would be handled by Sims. It sounds tedious, but it would be a skill for Sims to learn and I like that aspect. Each idea had its pros and cons. I'm still going with Happy Haunts first.
  • SimmivieSimmivie Posts: 68 Member
    I think it's just matter of taste.

    For you, Science & Technology Features was your first choice. For me, it was my last one.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 18,913 Member
    I really like two of the choices (happy haunts & arts and crafts)...the other themes I don't care for much with exceptions of individual items in each selection. I like the desktop microscope, blender, and void critter finder.

    I think it's great they are giving us a choice. I really liked participating in the laundry stuff pack although my choice did not win. I think things like this are fun and can bring the community together. We all really like different things in our games, which is great.

    I think (hope) romance/weddings might have been left out because it's already being planned...maybe?
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 74 Member
    They should have included the ideas from the last poll imo. I want „Arcade Stuff", "Dangerous Stuff", and "Wedding Stuff".
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I picked Happy Haunts as my first choice and Arts & Crafts as my second... The rest really don't interest me all that much, and even Arts & Crafts isn't super-exciting to me.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 253 Member
    Personally I would prefer enhancing current stuff more over adding new.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 541 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    I didn't think they were all dumb. The one that has the Sim become friends with a bot was the silliest one that I saw. My Sims don't become friends with talking toilets or dolphins so I wasn't interested in that one at all. I certainly don't watch my friends or relatives when they sew, knit, crochet, do ceramics, or paint. But I like to hear about how they picked colors and textures, see their progress, and see the finished product. I'm not sure how that would be handled by Sims. It sounds tedious, but it would be a skill for Sims to learn and I like that aspect. Each idea had its pros and cons. I'm still going with Happy Haunts first.

    The bot one killed it for me. Still pushing sims away from interacting with "eachother" I don't use talking toilets either. And I also voted happy haunts first. But I was really disappointed to see they are still pushing bots and technology. Like one of them said sports simulation with the machine or something. It sounded fun. But why not sports with "eachother" ?😑
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 8 New Member
    Happy Haunts could have been so much more interesting if it had included cemetery lots with options when a Sim dies to send their gravestone there rather than clutter up home lots. Could have done a whole lot with that....
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 19
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    While I understand we have many Simmers who love playing occult Sims, I'm disappointed the teams feel we need more, and included Happy Haunts to the list of possibilities. Vampires, mermaids, Spellcasters, ghosts, aliens and Island Spirits, along with traits and aspirations for some, with their own perks, interactions, and relevant worlds. There has been a lot added to the game for the occult players. Let's spread out and try some new features for the game. Features many Simmers have been asking for, for a long time. I am not saying the occult enthusiasts should be left out. Everyone has the right to hope for what they want in the game. But the kids, teens and elders in the game have not been given much of anything new for a long time. And from the early results I have seen from the first round of voting, Happy Haunts is in first place. I have already passed on buying Vampires, RoM, and DU because of bugs, and features I 'might' use in the future, but if Happy Haunts is going to be the next new pack, I will pass on it. In the beginning Sims4 was all about YAs, then we slowly began getting things for families with Parenthood and Seasons, packs for kids and toddlers, but the game was still leaning heavily towards YAs and their activities. Now it's as if the balance has shifted in the direction of the occults. There simply doesn't seem to be a good balance with features being added for all types of playing styles. Our toddlers have been hit twice with serious glitches in recent months. Platters of food are appearing everywhere since IL was released. Now players are saying their worlds are being overrun with way more random Sims than neccessary in DU. The game feels unbalanced and I wish the teams could find a way to create packs that include features for everyone rather than release pack after pack for one group then stop adding anything for that group in the next pack. It's a feast or famine scenario. There is a lot of new content being asked for. But then we get it all at once, or we get nothing. Then we wait, and don't buy anything, or add anything new to the game.

    As a family occult player I totally agree!! And I definitely want more stuff for children and other age groups. I'm always screaming for a generations pack. But the reason I chose happy haunts and thought it was a good choice is because we occult players didn't get much "occult" despite what it looks like. The haunted house trait is the biggest joke in the game. I use it all the time and it does literally "nothing" and on the rare occasions I see ghost they are just clear sims, nothing more, nothing less. There is no fear in this game so sims are not even scared of them. So I never play with ghosts.

    ROM In my opinion was literally just Harry Potter 2.0 and I have that pack but never use it either. And I only have one spell caster. I keep trying to get into it but can't.

    I'm still looking for the "plum" in spooky stuff. It was more like casual Halloween stuff.

    Island spirits are ghosts 2.0 and I never once called upon them. So as an occult player the only thing I feel we truly got that was done justice was vampires and forgotten hallow. I Play with them daily. That's why happy haunts sounds so appealing. It "sounds" like it adds that true creepy paranormal touch we are missing.

    A lot of people think arts and craft will give kids more to do but a child sitting there knitting is not my idea of more to do. They need a whole pack dedicated to them. They should be playing tag, jumping on beds, running around, pillow fighting, marco polo, hand games. Building forts and tree houses etc.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
  • kendallrankendallran Posts: 111 Member
    I chose happy haunts because it appealed to me and because I wanted to
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 246 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    While I understand we have many Simmers who love playing occult Sims, I'm disappointed the teams feel we need more, and included Happy Haunts to the list of possibilities. Vampires, mermaids, Spellcasters, ghosts, aliens and Island Spirits, along with traits and aspirations for some, with their own perks, interactions, and relevant worlds. There has been a lot added to the game for the occult players. Let's spread out and try some new features for the game. Features many Simmers have been asking for, for a long time. I am not saying the occult enthusiasts should be left out. Everyone has the right to hope for what they want in the game. But the kids, teens and elders in the game have not been given much of anything new for a long time. And from the early results I have seen from the first round of voting, Happy Haunts is in first place. I have already passed on buying Vampires, RoM, and DU because of bugs, and features I 'might' use in the future, but if Happy Haunts is going to be the next new pack, I will pass on it. In the beginning Sims4 was all about YAs, then we slowly began getting things for families with Parenthood and Seasons, packs for kids and toddlers, but the game was still leaning heavily towards YAs and their activities. Now it's as if the balance has shifted in the direction of the occults. There simply doesn't seem to be a good balance with features being added for all types of playing styles. Our toddlers have been hit twice with serious glitches in recent months. Platters of food are appearing everywhere since IL was released. Now players are saying their worlds are being overrun with way more random Sims than neccessary in DU. The game feels unbalanced and I wish the teams could find a way to create packs that include features for everyone rather than release pack after pack for one group then stop adding anything for that group in the next pack. It's a feast or famine scenario. There is a lot of new content being asked for. But then we get it all at once, or we get nothing. Then we wait, and don't buy anything, or add anything new to the game.

    We occult Sims players also went over 2.5 years without a new addition. Vampires was in January of 2017, the same time the toddler-pocalypse happened, and then Island Living this year gave us Mermaids. And of the 2 new occults we got this year, one is half done, without a skill tree. I do think going 2.5 years definitely excuses us getting 2 new life states this year. Chill. The game is still primarily about human people, families and general life.
  • SimMin94SimMin94 Posts: 8 New Member
    I just took the poll. They were things in each theme that I really liked and disliked. I wouldn't want the weird friendbot thing since we JUST got robots. Or the Haunted house, because it seems like it could be too disturbing for gameplay and i don't like ghosts in The Sims to start with. However, the grim reaper or fortune teller career could be fun. I think I could really enjoy the fitness band, if it is done well, same with knitting or pottery. The animations in the new treadmill or the Sports simulator could be cool. To me, each theme has potential if the right parts are implemented and done well :) However, if poorly executed this could become a mess no matter what the features.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 493 Member
    Where are these ‘early results’ I keep seeing people mention?
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 979 Member
    I liked a lot if the options we got. I do think that what I'd like won't be made as it's the minority here in the forum.

    I'm happy they have the survey for everyone who has the game though instead of people who use/ have Twitter. I hope the result will reflect the actual players a bit more. Especially people who don't use the forum.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 676 Member
    SimMin94 wrote: »
    I just took the poll. They were things in each theme that I really liked and disliked. I wouldn't want the weird friendbot thing since we JUST got robots.

    I have to agree with you here. Master Chief and Cortana, Tharan Cedrax and Holiday. EDI and Jeff Moreau. It all points in one direction and further Loners and Geeks will be in a class of their own seeking it in technology rather than naturally in another person, they'd also be secretive about it as well and likely to get very embarassed if a friend comes over to see a holographic female "instructor" in her Bikini with a personality of a child in a sense, very innocent and very naive.

    it isn't just bots, but holographic individuals as well.

    The overall tone will most certainly not be great for the TS4's rating to say the least, let alone the sterotyping and how those who struggle the most would be seen in an even more negative point than before, simply because the technology gives them that option. While the idea is interesting from a constructive point of view, i can't help but think that isn't a great idea as it can be exploited by modders for adult purposes or adjusted without mods to look and act a certain way which could be seen as being a little too naughty.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 4,276 Member
    The only one I didn't get was the putting green...

    And @Paigeisin5, why wouldn't we occult players deserve more occult things? Even with what we do have, you realistic players still have almost twice as much.
    Like supernatural stories? Like drama? Like SimLits? Check out my blog here!
  • logionlogion Posts: 564 Member
    edited November 19
    I thought all of them had some solid choices. Fun-Tech Features had one choice that was basically Pokemon Go, but in the sims. If they could implement that in all the worlds, then you definitely have a lot of collecting to do with that one. Some of the other choices was basically VR stuff though, and we already have a VR game from the base game.

    Science & Technology, the pressure cooker could make us do a lot more with cooking if it would work with all kind of foods. The other choices seemed good as well.

    Arts and crafting had a lot of good choices, we need more crafting in the game.

    Self-Care, well I liked the fitness watch, but the Vegan trait could easily turn into more restrictions, and honestly sounds like a nightmare to implement given that they cannot drink normal milk or eat eggs so tons of food options disappears.

    Happy Haunts had some cool careers, but I am very skeptical how they would do some of them, I do not think spirituality would really work in the sims without it just being random notifications in the upper right...it also sounds like something difficult to play with aging off and also sounds like it could lead to some bugs if they have to add spiritual things to every sim in the game.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 676 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Self-Care, well I liked the fitness watch, but the Vegan trait could easily turn into more restrictions, and honestly sounds like a nightmare to implement given that they cannot drink normal milk or eat eggs so tons of food options disappears.

    Other types of food would appear instead, while vegitarians can eat minor meat products, vegans will never eat anything that is related to meat products at all.

    so you are looking at the likes of salads, soy milk, hash browns, assorted nuts and fruits, stir frys, certain types of soups, roasted vegtables with some sauce. some things will remains like spagetti, salsa and chips, water, minestrone, apple pie and a few others as safe for vegans to eat.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top