The Homes in Literature Build Challenge
Welcome to The Homes in Literature Build Challenge! Each Month, a new home from Classic, or even sometimes newer Literature will be featured, for you to recreate, based upon known drawings, descriptions and Blueprints/Floor Plans, where applicable. You will be supplied with links to information, to be able to recreate these homes, to the best of your ability. The links provided will merely be a starting point to launch your creative process and you may, of course, find your own resources along the way.
Some of these homes are and will be based upon real locations. Some will have been recreated in life by enthusiasts. Some will simply have artistic renderings to go on. For those homes, based on true historical structures and for those based upon Artistic renderings, you will be free to recreate the home of the artists style or a specific point in time of your choosing.RULES
1- No custom content.
2- Only one Entry, per person, per challenge.
3- Give credit where credit is due (Items made by fellow simmers from the gallery)
4- Cheats are allowed (bb.moveobjects , bb.showhiddenobjects , bb.showliveeditobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement)
5- Please do not share more than 2 pictures with your post.
6 - Please include top down views of your Homes and Rooms, in your slideshow.
7- Please use #LiteraryBuildChallenge +(number of challenge) in your gallery uploads description
8- Most importantly, have fun and be kind to the other builders.ENTRY FORM
ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - (Number and House Name)
NEW LOT LINK: (Link to where your build can be found on The Gallery)
LINK TO SLIDESHOW:
ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry. Please inclue Links to other resources you may have found)
CREDITS: (Please Tag Art Creators whose art you used, if any)
SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two please)PAST CHALLENGES:The Homes in Literature Build Challenge #1: Orchard House from 'Little Women'
Please recreate the home of the March Family in 'Little Women', Orchard House.
You have no budget, but please keep the time period, and the family's wealth, stature and history in mind, when decorating your home.Lot Challenges:@wendyology
- https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17342469/#Comment_17342469Room Chalenges:@coolsim9999999
- https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17344353/#Comment_17344353The Homes in Literature Build Challenge #2: Small Wooden Swiss House - 'A Farewell to Arms'Lot Challenges:@AliSim19
- 'Mountain Lake Chalet': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/122D06942C1711EA84C1BA891CD6F027@mannanna
- 'Alpine Cottage': https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/51B03E152C1611EA8D43342C8609C7AD@rikaocean
- 'LiteraryBuildChallenge2': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D1335B502DCA11EA886D4BBF48D73738@Gwiniel
- 'Alpine Chalet': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7484425E2E6A11EA81F2342C8609C7AD@emere
- 'The Lake Retreat': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CF6A99E8349F11EA89E6E4B33953C835@wendyology
- 'Lakeside Retreat': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DA773118356311EA8BDDA2238314F86DSim Chalenges:@Gwiniel
- 'Henry': https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/109162652E6B11EA8562342C8609C7AD