Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts fans, which feature are you most interested in?

Comments

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Grim Reaper Freelancer Career
    Grim Reaper for me, although the Ghost Hunter one was a close second!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Séance Table and Spirit Board
    Though the seance table and spirit board sound promising in communicating with spirits and helping them move on.

After that the grim reaper and psychic career. The ghost hunting career sounds a bit boring much like the one in S3 as I had zero interest in it because it was so repetitive.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Haunted House Lot Trait
    peragogo wrote: »
    Grim reaper career seems more like a mod concept and is my least favourite choice. Even if you’re not really into occults, the other options are more friendly to normal play.

"Normal play?" What's that? :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Psychic Freelancer Career
    This was actually my least favourite option of them all but I did think that the Psychic freelance career sounded kinda cool. I'm not against occults in anyway but all the grim reaper stuff all sounded a bit to far fetched for my taste.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    This was actually my least favourite option of them all but I did think that the Psychic freelance career sounded kinda cool. I'm not against occults in anyway but all the grim reaper stuff all sounded a bit to far fetched for my taste.

Too far fetched for the sims game? :p

It's the kind of ridiculous stuff I expect in the Sims there was even an item from S3 cometing with the grim reaper in a guitar solo at this gate.

Personally some out there stuff is good as there's so much normal related items and gameplay. Which I like always, but there's definitely a lack of some of that more out there stuff I have some sims that fit the bill for a lot of these. I've been wanting the psychic career for so long and a seance table.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

In general i dislike horror as a genre by itself, so anything directly related to it isn't usually something i'd have any interest for. But when i see the likes of Mystic Meg on the tv screens years ago and in glossy tv guide magazines, looking at the wisdom she has, i find it somewhat absurd. But TS4 has a lot of fantasy elements to it, even the game sims are cartoon looking with silly walking styles and behaviour.

So having psychics or the reaper is right inside what it has always been about on this game. Far fetched or not but ghosts, vampires, magic users, none of that fits inside realism on any level either, but it works in TS4. So having psychic's call on ghosts and using themselves as a medium to let the ghost speak though while getting paid isn't all the crazy in the end.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Too far fetched for the sims game? :p

Well I don't mind when he turns up and reaps my sims souls. It's just I find the whole idea of a career based around him far fetched. It's not something I would have my sims do so the pack in general wouldn't really interest me if that was it's main selling point. :D

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I voted for Reaper-career and then ghost-hunting! I got my favorites but I think I could have fun with all of them.

Hope this pack wins :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2019
    Unpopular opinion, but the Grim Reaper career is the one I want the least. I want it, I desperately want magical/occult careers, and this would be a great addition. But I only see a few, very select group of my sims using it. It's like the Actor or Celebrity Chef careers of the magical world. Whereas being a psychic doesn't require fancy school or training, and can easily be used with realistic games and occult stuff. Ghost Hunters could be like the bug exterminator of the magical world.

I REALLY want the psychic career and the spirit board, though. I see them going hand-in-hand. The boards are my absolute favorite idea of the pack, buuut I feel like they'd be less appealing without a psychic career. Plus I can see them short-changing us and making it text adventure-based. It can potentially be the best thing, but it can also get done real dirty.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghost Hunter Freelancer Career
    I love every suggested feature. I hope Arts & Crafts wins and they turn HH into an EP.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I think I'd be more interested in the features of this pack if it drastically changed ghosts. I saw a post on twitter that basically said it should make ghosts invisible to regular sims and only people with the career should be able to see them. I think some feature of that nature would be interesting.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I chose grim reaper < ghost hunter < haunted trait < seance table < physic.
    I was originally going to put the arts and crafts option as number one, but after reading through the descriptions I had to put happy haunts first. It fits in perfectly with how I play the game and just sounds like a lot of fun.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I choose Ghost Hunter because I'd love a legit way to chase down all the stupid ghosts my game populates the hospital and such with but really I'd be thrilled with any of the four choices.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    The ghost Hunter and psychic are my top 2 picks for this pack. Grim reaper is last. A little too morbid for my taste, but I can see how others would enjoy it.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'd like all of them, it would make a fuller pack.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    Happy Haunts is my second favorite option, but I still consider myself a fan of all the ideas except the spirit board. I really would enjoy having a psychic sim though! Hoping this would also bring astrology in.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    Grim reaper career seems more like a mod concept and is my least favourite choice.
    there is a mod like this that came out pretty recently, i wonder if they were inspired by it. 🤔
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTa2piyX41k

Arzekial wrote: »
    When do they tally the votes?
    voting ends on the 25th, idk when they'll announce the winner though.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d prefer a career that isn’t going to generate an army of random ghosts. I don’t have spooky days for the same reason.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The psychic career would be my top pick, followed by the seance table/spirit board. But given how popular the grim reaper career seems to be, I probably won't vote for the Happy Haunts pack. I'm not interested in the reaper career and I think they're unlikely to make both the reaper and the psychic.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I really want the spirit board and séance interactions, more than any career, least of all Reaper.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I really want the spirit board and séance interactions, more than any career, least of all Reaper.

Me too. I'll take anything over the grim reaper career though. :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It was my second choice after Hobbies and Crafts, but yes I was most curious about the Grim career. Ghost Hunting sounded interesting too and I loved it in the Sims 3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I love all of the features they suggested (even though Arts and Crafts was my primary pick) but I put all the freelance careers on top, and the Grim Reaper one is the most interesting and unique. I like the idea that Grim has to outsource his work now :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?