Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that allows us to view weather forecasts in other worlds without visiting them first?

Seasons has been released for more than a year now... and the developers still haven't addressed this problem. It's literally impossible to view the forecasts in other worlds without visiting them beforehand. Honestly, this becomes rather annoying. Mostly because it makes the gameplay feel very unrealistic... in reality, you're allowed to check the weather forecast in another part of the world without having to visit there first. My main issue with this is how difficult it is to plan parties and events in other worlds without actually traveling to them for a minute or two just to see what the weather is... just to go back home afterwards.

So, does anyone know if there's been a mod created that allows us to view the weather forecasts in other worlds WITHOUT having to visit them?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've asked this in the past, and the answer was no, but saying that there are mods that do allow a player to actually control the weather. Since we just recently had a patch I would suggest waiting to make sure any don't need to be updated before adding to your game. If you are asking because of the festival involving the Geek festival, EA said in the most recent patch update that they addressed this issue so it wouldn't rain during this festival.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2019
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've asked this in the past, and the answer was no, but saying that there are mods that do allow a player to actually control the weather. Since we just recently had a patch I would suggest waiting to make sure any don't need to be updated before adding to your game. If you are asking because of the festival involving the Geek festival, EA said in the most recent patch update that they addressed this issue so it wouldn't rain during this festival.

Unfortunately, controlling the weather isn't exactly what I'm looking for... I know this might sound so stubborn, but I still wanna make sure the gameplay remains as is, which means I don't wanna personally control the weather in the worlds. I just really want to have a way of knowing the weather in each world without visiting them... :disappointed:

Thanks, though!

Also, no, I wasn't specifically referring to festivals or anything. I just meant in general because the inability to check the weather beforehand just makes things very complicated when I wanna plan events and stuff like that.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    So far no, I really wished that EA had actually given us the ability to see what the current weather is in any of the towns in the game they have.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    So far no, I really wished that EA had actually given us the ability to see what the current weather is in any of the towns in the game they have.

Even if it's not included on the calendar or anything like that, the least they could've done is give us the option to check the weather on the computer or TV... and then select which forecast we wanna look at. I just don't understand why they overlooked this... :neutral:
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    OR on the phone. I too would like to be able to know if spending the day at the beach is going to be ruined by monsoons. More time than I like I take my sims on a day trip and it's raining or a freezing blizzard when we arrive.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    This is MUCH needed!
    verlainem wrote: »
    OR on the phone. I too would like to be able to know if spending the day at the beach is going to be ruined by monsoons. More time than I like I take my sims on a day trip and it's raining or a freezing blizzard when we arrive.

This is exactly the problem I'm talking about! For example, I made my own little campground in Brindleton Bay (it's a generic lot with tents)... and I wanted to spend the weekend there, but all it did was thunderstorm throughout the entire weekend... and it just gets really annoying! I don't wanna have to make my Sim travel there, check the weather, and then return back home to plan out for a later trip... that's just irritating.

The same goes for Sulani. I'm using it as a "vacation world", but it's almost impossible to actually travel there without knowing the weather beforehand... and again, I really don't wanna make my Sims travel there, check the weather, and then return home instantly.

We should have a way of checking the weather in different worlds...
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It really hurts when I plan some time away at Granite Falls and when I get there, there’s no good weather. We have a weather channel on the TV. Why can’t we get little notifications for each world when watching it, or something?
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Another reason I'm glad I don't have Seasons. My sims and I love the fantasy of beautiful weather all the time.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    San Myshuno and Oasis springs was bathed in beautiful sunshine, with both getting into heatwave level temps, then travel to Willow creek and it's very cold, with heavy rain and thunderstorms... figures! :D

It would be nice to know what the weather would be like in other worlds, so i don't get my sims electrocuted by a random fork of lightning.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Interesting concept. I've actually never thought of something like this. It isn't necessarily a thing I find myself wondering before my Sims visit anywhere.

So, no, I haven't seen nor heard of a mod relating to this. But I'll keep an eye out, because that would indeed be a good feature to have.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    My problem with it is sending my singer Sim (thanks to Road to Fame mod) on a concert. I've set up venues in as many of the worlds as possible and I like to pick one at random. However, I might pick an outdoor type venue only to have my Sim arrive to find it's pouring down rain! Happily, in that same World I do have two indoor venues, so I can quickly switch to one of those, but it's annoying. Would be great to know ahead of time what the weather is, so I can avoid getting my Sim and his entourage soaked before the concert. :confused:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2019
    Bienchen has a mod that adjusts the Sunny Aspect lot trait. Add the trait to the party lot and you get 24 hours of sunshine on entering the lot.

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/jahreszeiten-seasons/

Doesn't help if you want snow for your event though.

This mod also prevents rain at GeekCon, even without adding the lot trait.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    I want this too!!!! Baaaaadly! So just commenting to get back and read the entire thread later.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    I changed my gameplay because of the weather. My sims stay within their own world for most of the time because I don't know what weather they will get into. Going on a drink with clear skies and instantly travelling into the middle of a thunderstorm feels weird. It happened to me when sims from willow creek wanted to go for a drink in brindleton Bay.

A forecast for other worlds would be very useful.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I too would like this mod.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif