Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University bugs/glitches/issues

Comments

• prettyoddjoshprettyoddjosh Posts: 1 New Member
    my sim has recently graduated university with a drama degree, and so when i put her into the acting career, she was already a seasoned thespian, and i think because of this she can't get acting gigs. i have tried all the talent agencies (AI staffing, everyday extras, GRAN and well suited) and none of them will give me gigs. i think the game thinks that i cheated the levels, but i havent because i got it because of the degree. i'm not quite sure how to fix this, so if anyone does i'd appreciate it
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    For single sims moving to Uni, I'll move a placeholder into their home, temporarily. Using Household Manager, everything should be like I left it when returning. Most of my sims have a relative somewhere who can be that placeholder, so I'll pretend they rent or borrow the house. If my save was new, I'd create a Placeholder household with several sims for future use :) Once my sim returns from Uni, I'd just return the Placeholder sim to the original NPC household.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You can’t delete the presentation board from your inventory or with bb which is annoying
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Also someone mentioned the presentation board being for the wrong class and I’m experiencing it now and it’s annoying because it won’t let me do it which means she’ll fail
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• QueenBreeQueenBree Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having a problem with my sim who got suspended. I first played SIM 1 for one term and he was on probation. I left him enrolled for 2nd term. I switched to my SIM 2 and got her through 1st semester.

When I went back ti SIM 1 he was suspended and I couldn't re enroll him although it says " Cannot re enroll for 0 days"

I played SIM 2 for her second term. She finished it. When she enrolled for her 3rd term I moved her in with SIM 1.

BUT, I still can't enroll SIM 1 to university. So now I decided to have SIM 2 drop from university. I'm thinking they might need to enroll at the same time.

This is so annoying. 😞😞😞😞 Hours of gameplay put to wastem
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There are 2 error codes in that's being reported 102 and I think 109. The former not only prevents you from moving back into your world and house but sims you were in a relationship with the relationship is severed. The latter is related to one of the events in Britechester.
    You can’t delete the presentation board from your inventory or with bb which is annoying

Someone needs to mention this on AMQ.
  • cbow87cbow87 Posts: 9 New Member
    At first, I was also getting the error “can’t load, please relaunch” - so I did. Tried loading another household, and got stuck on the loading screen for 20+ minutes before I hard restarted my computer. I then removed all mods/CC, and launched - households loaded fine running vanilla. I updated my mods and put them back in, still working fine.
    My teen sims hunger is decaying like a pregnant sim, it’s quite annoying have to feed them every 2 sim hours. Children, YA, and adults seem to be fine - haven’t played with a toddler or elder as of yet.
    When I click on certain objects in-game (like the gaming table) I get the option to “play fetch with...” but it’s grayed out. My dogs will also no longer “go potty” in San Myshuno... I used to be able to walk outside my apt door, call my dog, then “ask to go potty” and said doggo would hop on the elevator and do their thing on the pavement outside, then come back up. Now when I attempt this, my dogs will bark and give me the “can’t go there” bubble... I have to either go downstairs and call them, then ask to go potty... or I have to leash them, go downstairs, then “encourage to do business” while outside. I’ve already been using a workaround for some time now, as they wouldn’t go if I gave the command from inside the apt - my sim had to be out in the hallway... but now my workaround doesn’t even work, and going through all those steps just to keep my dog from pooping in front of the door is very time consuming.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    I would say for me the biggest bug is that every sim in a dorm brings full servings of food and LEAVES them, so they all get gross and hard to clean up just within a day. :s
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    AmSay8D wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue where your sims aren’t moving? The animations just don’t work. All sims are standing and incapable of doing anything.

No mods or cc, but since I downloaded university this is happening. I’m actually quite peeved. This thing costs 60 bucks canadian.

That happened quite a few times when I tried to play around the time of the patch. I had to restart the game. But then, started working properly AFTER DU downloaded. Weird. Btw, are you sure it wasn't after the patch, as well?
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what, but my young adult sim is living at home with her mom and enrolled in university, and she keeps getting scolded by her mom for cheating on her school work, but she hasn't actually cheated at all, so I am getting really annoyed with this continually happening. Anyone else experienced this?
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what, but my young adult sim is living at home with her mom and enrolled in university, and she keeps getting scolded by her mom for cheating on her school work, but she hasn't actually cheated at all, so I am getting really annoyed with this continually happening. Anyone else experienced this?

It happened to me as well!

• tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Aeren90 wrote: »

It happened to me as well!

Me tooo!

Also...

I'm finding the needs of pretty much all Sims decaying super fast, especially bladder and hunger (like they're all pregnant).

I have had notifications about unpaid bills whilst living in dorms, but no option to pay them and then had the electricity cut off.

I have had roommates using my sim's computer, despite the fact it's supposed to be locked to everyone else but the owner.

Autolighting no longer works, i.e. the lights stay on in a sim's room when they're asleep.

Non roommate sims are entering my dorm room even when it's locked to roommate only.

Everyone student NPC spawned is grossly overweight.

Holidays are unusable as if they fall on a final exam day, sims will take the day off and not attend exams, and then usually fail their class.

Sims often disappear when riding bikes so I can just see the bikes moving around as though they are possessed, or come alive by themselves.

The list goes on, but these are all I can remember at the moment...

Never known such a buggy pack.
  • hallsignshallsigns Posts: 6 New Member
    How do no-work holidays work? I remember a guru saying that holidays should work in the pack, but I don't see how...

Also - laundry is not working at all. Is it not available on dorm lots at all?

Yes that's a bug.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    My little Simmie child isn’t getting any boosts to the Motor skill when juggling that soccer ball.
  • GargalharGargalhar Posts: 1 New Member
    dont know if this is a glitch but I can not get a roommate. This is the feature I was most excited for and it just won't work for me. Lived in a dorm for a while and nobody else moved in. Then I switched to a house and made rooms and put out an ad but nobody showed up. I've asked people to be my roommate and they accept but say I need to move stuff from around their bed before I can move them in but there is literally nothing I can remove.
  • kitten76kitten76 Posts: 19 Member
    I also find that my toddlers needs' decay so fast. Abnormally fast : (
  • danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    Since buying DU all my harvestables/collectibles have been disappearing from my inventory :( I haven't even gotten to use the actual DLC yet but I load up the game, see 30+ hours of work gone out of all my households, and all my desire to play vanishes lmao :/

This issue is not related to DU. It is due to the Nov 12th patch, as it appeared post-patch for many of us and quite a few of us do not have DU. I was going to purchase it, but the game is essentially unplayable for me with this bug, as it happens to ONLY evolved harvestables, leaving the normal ones behind. This happens when you exit and re-enter the game, or if you move between lots a few times.

EVERYONE PLEASE hit the "Me too" button on this thread who has this issue so they can see how prevalent it is and fix whatever they broke with the patch. That is where they officially track the bugs now.
  • Merrygoesround90Merrygoesround90 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone. I am in desperate need of help.. My sims 4 university pack went well. Except the other Sim cannot graduate. He still has the class schedule, even though it says Term Days Left: This Sim has Graduated. No more Terms to attend. Is this a glitch? He joined the main lead’s (lady) household and now they’re a couple. The lady has graduated, even received her relevant certifications... Please HELP~ :'(
  • ScissorhandsrpScissorhandsrp Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I am having an issue and I'd like to hear your feedback. I enrolled my sim into the uni... she mingled with a guy and they started to like eachother.. so i went ahead and moved him into the house she bought after she was done with the uni.. Since she was a lawyer I wanted him to go back to UNI to get his degree to also become a lawyer. It's straight up STUCK and not letting me enroll him, its been a few sim weeks and it still shows under his "Schedule" that he passed his class & graduated. Typically after the graduation ceremony... you move out of the uni and the schedule goes away. I have tried to edit this sim and make him a child, thinking it would wipe out his school history and it was STILL there.. If anyone is having this issue please let me know! Sorry that was long and drawn out this is my first post lol. Thanks -
  • PuffsandCoconutsPuffsandCoconuts Posts: 1 New Member
    So I haven't run into many bugs or problems with university other than one. I cannot for the life of me actually work on the presentation board. I have placed it in my world and it wont allow my sim the option to work on it. Pls help
  • ScissorhandsrpScissorhandsrp Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Merrygoesround90 said:
    > Hey everyone. I am in desperate need of help.. My sims 4 university pack went well. Except the other Sim cannot graduate. He still has the class schedule, even though it says Term Days Left: This Sim has Graduated. No more Terms to attend. Is this a glitch? He joined the main lead’s (lady) household and now they’re a couple. The lady has graduated, even received her relevant certifications... Please HELP~ :'(

Wow, I just realized that we are indeed having the exact same issue, out of curiosity was your sim originally a NPC?
  • LucidsoupLucidsoup Posts: 2 New Member
    Servo's graduation portrait is a Nervous Subject look-alike random plum. I don't want random plum's picture. I want Servo's.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top