Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beware of Alex Moyer (roommate): bug or by design?

In the process of testing the roommate feature, I set up 2 additional bedrooms and placed an ad for roommates. From the applicants I accepted "Alex Moyer", who works in culinary, and "Kellie Churchhill", who is a librarian.

Kellie seems like a normal roommate. She does her own thing, comes and goes, cleans a lot, and likes to chat.

Alex on the other hand, is addicted to cooking food, cleans rarily, often walks around the house staring into corners, and never leaves the house despite her having a job. At night Alex will sleep for about an hour, get up and walk through the house, stare into a corner for a few minutes, and go back to bed. She'll repeat this behavior throughout the entire night.

So I decided Alex wasn't the roommate I was looking for, and maybe it would be best if she lived somewhere else. Great plan but, there's one small problem. I can't figure out how to evict her. For Alex, there's no "kick out roommate" option.

When I click on Kellie, I can filter through the options and find the "roommate" tab. If I click on it I get the option to kick Kellie out as a roommate. Alex however, doesn't have such an option. I've filtered through the tabs and no way can I find the option to kick her out.

So far, I selected the travel option, and added Alex to travel with me. That was the only way to get her to at least leave the house. With her now out of the house, I deleted her bed. So she's now standing on a beach, with no bed to come home to. And I say home..... because she's still listed as a roommate and no way for me to undo that, or change that in any way by clicking on her.

May soon check the Book of Shadows for a vanquishing spell. lol.

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I wonder if that is because Alex is always the roommate in the tutorial. I can see how she would be buggy. Do you have an option to add her to the household?
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    In the process of testing the roommate feature, I set up 2 additional bedrooms and placed an ad for roommates. From the applicants I accepted "Alex Moyer", who works in culinary, and "Kellie Churchhill", who is a librarian.

Kellie seems like a normal roommate. She does her own thing, comes and goes, cleans a lot, and likes to chat.

Alex on the other hand, is addicted to cooking food, cleans rarily, often walks around the house staring into corners, and never leaves the house despite her having a job. At night Alex will sleep for about an hour, get up and walk through the house, stare into a corner for a few minutes, and go back to bed. She'll repeat this behavior throughout the entire night.

So I decided Alex wasn't the roommate I was looking for, and maybe it would be best if she lived somewhere else. Great plan but, there's one small problem. I can't figure out how to evict her. For Alex, there's no "kick out roommate" option.

When I click on Kellie, I can filter through the options and find the "roommate" tab. If I click on it I get the option to kick Kellie out as a roommate. Alex however, doesn't have such an option. I've filtered through the tabs and no way can I find the option to kick her out.

So far, I selected the travel option, and added Alex to travel with me. That was the only way to get her to at least leave the house. With her now out of the house, I deleted her bed. So she's now standing on a beach, with no bed to come home to. And I say home..... because she's still listed as a roommate and no way for me to undo that, or change that in any way by clicking on her.

May soon check the Book of Shadows for a vanquishing spell. lol.

lol that's hilarious! You could just.. Kill Alex
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    Alex must be Evil!
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    alex moyer is the roommate in the tutorial.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    She is terribly annoying as a roommate, and when I changed her in CAS using cheats, she was only slightly less annoying, and still kept most of her old traits even tho I had changed them. I finally evicted both sims and separated them, then deleted my changed version of her. But I kept her money. >:)
  • AntoniaAyesAntoniaAyes Posts: 1 New Member
    lol, I have Alex Moyer in my game but not this expansion pack, so no room mates. Definitely something strange about this character because for me she's a sim that never ages past 'young adult'
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    LOL that is too funny. Do you have the paranormal pack? Maybe she's possessed? lol I don't think that's a thing though.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would "destroy object" 😅 not sure if it works with her though...
    Control shift C -> Testingcheats true -> shift click sim -> destroy object 🙊🙉🙈😁
  • hrfhrf Posts: 3 New Member
    LOL, you know you can change her traits. She has 2 very bad traits, one of which is gluttony. I do not remember the other. You go into the character build and change her. You'll have to get rid of the one you have and replace her with the new one or just download her from the Sims4 gallery. She can be found in the search from other players after the tutorial. The tutorial now has a bug in it where she is NOT the default roommate. You can find her at an event manning one of the kiosks. I am trying to find out what event I saw her in. Hint: Once you have found or created a character you like, save her/him to your gallery so you can always refer back to them and use them in future games.
  • hrfhrf Posts: 3 New Member
    Found the other trait. Lazy. If you change those two traits, glutton and lazy, to a positive trait, she is one of the best characters in the game. I have a few different variations of her, including the default. The default, needs a lot of work. You can buy a jogging machine and keep her busy that way in order to keep her fit.
    Eventually, I took the easy way out and edited the traits. lol.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I think Alex is glitched somehow because she was set up to be the tutorial roommate. She's generated in every new save even when I don't start a Sim in the tutorial. For some unknown reason, she's coded as immortal. I've only used the tutorial to see if it was worth using it to generate potential townies. Otherwise, I delete her from Manage Worlds.