Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I cant live on campus because I have a cat???

I tried to enroll in university (I was accepted) but when it came to housing I only had one opportunity to live at home. It said I could not leave the younger sims alone at home. All I have a home is a CAT!

Comments

• Options
    lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    The English simmer was talking about this on one of her videos.

It’s because pets are part of your household so if you have a sim and a cat in your household when you try and move to uni you are in effect ‘splitting’ the household with your sim going into a separate household and the cat staying by itself in its own household which the game mechanics won’t allow.
    That’s my understanding of it anyway and that’s why you can’t take pets to live in uni dorms as well.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't have DU yet, but have you tried just staying at home, and then merging/moving your entire household to a dorm?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Is it possible to move into off-campus housing with a pet? --would you have to move before applying to Uni? (Don't have DU yet but would like to know for the future--I have one HH with several teens and a cat-apiece!) :smile:
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The trick to keeping your house and pets is to merge another adult into the household before you enroll in uni. Then after your term or graduation merge back into that house and kick out your house sitter if you want. Did this with my test roomies and it worked.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Forgot to mention that I have no mods so no story progression to worry about. Also I play aging off.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Jackie joy that makes sense. I’ll shove another adult into the house before enrolling