Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sudden Issues with Dog and Apartment?

Hey, so just to preface this, this is a new issue I've just started having today, but I've been playing this family for months. The family I'm playing is just one sim and her dog. The dog is trained to go outside when it needs to go to the bathroom, so normally I don't even have to think about it. But today the dog is just pacing around, whining that it has to go out, and when I ask it to go potty, it gets the routing error message.

I had my sim leave the apartment and call the dog into the hallway to see if it was trapped in the apartment, but it can get to the hallway just fine. The problem is with it leaving the actual building. I haven't changed anything, have no mods, etc. Any ideas? It's extremely annoying.

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited November 2019
    (I don't have an answer--but did you check the bug report forum? If there isn't a similar report on the first couple of pages, sometimes it's faster to do a google search restricted to that particular website to determine if a report already exists.)

I will say, the whining dog does sound like a bug I've seen on that forum before; might be an old one resurfacing.

edit: trying to fix hyperlink; apparently I've forgotten how to insert 'em.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Same thing happens to me I think, in 2B Jasmine Suites.

I saw a random townie come out of a window once, and when I try to send the dog away he tries going into the kitchen first as if he could leave through a (different) window. A sim asked to walk the dog from the kitchen also fails to route, but is (mostly) fine if queuing the action while closer to the front door.
    My theory is it's linked to that "Vendors will no longer use your Sims’ fireplace as an imaginary portal to mysterious places." bug fix except now some apartment windows are mistaken for partial exit points but don't actually work.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @happyopi - I looked through the first 5 pages of bug-reports and didn't see anything about this; with two of you experiencing this problem, would one of you be willing to post a report over on the bug-report forum? (If it does relate to any previous bugs, crinrict will link the threads, but given your analysis, it doesn't sound that much like the previous whining-pet issue.) :smile:
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I have the same problem. The dog didn't wanna go out at all, so my sim had to take him out for a walk every time he needed to go.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have the problem that my dog is stuck outside of the apartment. Can't call him in and the poor thing was just standing out in the snow!