Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does University give anyone else anxiety

It reminds me so much of school when I was a young adult I started trembling and yeah not so much fun.
I cant do it.
I spent 44 dollars including tax on this that I want to make it work but cant. Its very uncomfortable to play.
What do you suggest to make gameplay better?

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Ngl, it reminds me of university too. More than TS2 did, but you could take less classes that way you can socialize and party more.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • MysteriousConcludeMysteriousConclude Posts: 352 Member
    I recommend building a servo, at first it seemed like I was doing more mantenance on it then actually doing college.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Whats a servo?
    And what really gets me tense is doing homework for classes and knowing something is do and then when everything thats due gets done more work comes and then having to balance my sims needs too.
    I know that may sound comical but back when I was 19 I had to do my course work, I felt abandoned by everybody went through a terrible patch in my life, and couldnt balance life and school.
    So please tell me how do I make this work?
    Im not going to stop playing until I figure out a comfortable way to do this but I need help.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Sorry you’re having a rough time. I had a bad freshman year, too (it was 2001) so I can empathize.

Try starting with just one sim taking 1 class per term. You should have plenty of spare time to get the hang of things and enjoy socializing and exploring the new world. Buy a bike at the little kiosk if you’re in a dorm. Take it out for a ride and enjoy the scenery, it’s very relaxing. Finish the homework assignments, when in class choose “take notes”, and do whatever else it says your class needs (either a term paper, presentation or final exam). Ask here if you have more questions about that. You don’t have to do every single thing and you can still get a good grade. There’s an option on the phone or computer to email your professor to ask about your grade, that should put you at ease. (If you don’t see that option it may be outside of their office hours, look again later)
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    It's definitely more challenging than other sim games. I also wasn't a big fan of college. I didn't even do that well.
    I don't know exactly what happened for you, but don't let it effect your relaxation time. Just tell yourself it's just a game. I would try only giving your sims two classes. It's much easier.
    Thank you so much everyone for understanding!
    Is there any possible way I can delete classes rather than withdrawing from the whole term?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2019
    Slightly, but that's only because I am learning a new system.
    It will most likely become a breeze once you know how to work it.

This is what I want from game play.
    If it's a breeze on my first try, then it will be boring to me on replay.
    It should at least be easy to learn, but difficult to master.
    It's very satisfying when you do.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I don't have DU yet, but from what I read, you can't withdraw classes individually in the middle of the term, so you'll have to drop the whole term and start again with fewer classes.

It might be overwhelming to relive such a negative experience vicariously, but I did read that one good way to help overcome trauma is to be able to explore the trauma source in a more safe and controlled environment, which in this case is a simulated game. Just take things one step at a time in the game, and know that if things get too much, you always have control over the situation. Best of luck :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Unfortunately you can't withdraw from individual classes - it would have to be the whole term. But I definitely agree with the suggestions of taking one sim through first, taking one class and gradually ease yourself in. It's not so bad once you get used to it but the balance is definitely a challenge.

You could always take a break from that save and perhaps begin a new one, with a fresh sim? Then you can choose one class a term and slowly build it up at a speed you feel comfortable with. I hope you find a way to enjoy this pack, OP. Best of luck to you <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Definitely agree with many here just pace yourself. Feels close to home having your sim doing all their work and classes and not having any time inbetween being exhausted and living off junk food for the most part. You might do well with taking just two classes for your sim and having more time for them inbetween to explore other aspects in the game. Could either drop out of school and go back or just wait til the next term to just take one or two classes.

From what I've seen sims can take care of their homework needs fairly well.

That and when the weekend comes this is your relief to finish up any work and do term papers and presentations and then you'll have the rest of the time for your sim to enjoy their day off or just participate in other events. It's funny since when Saturday comes my sims roommates were just sleeping in til about 10 to 11AM. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If the save that causing stress is important to you table it for now, make a new save with a new Sim and fiddle with the new save until you are comfortable again. Then go back to the other one. I always do test saves to learn new packs just to avoid your dilemma.
    Thank you so very much everyone!
    All your input worked and I can now play comfortably.
    I changed my sims up.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Slightly, but that's only because I am learning a new system.
    It will most likely become a breeze once you know how to work it.

This is what I want from game play.
    If it's a breeze on my first try, then it will be boring to me on replay.
    It should at least be easy to learn, but difficult to master.
    It's very satisfying when you do.
    How is it breeze my sim can't do anything but study she has a husband and a child she can't even spend time with them.:joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I recommend building a servo
    A servo is where you fill your cars petrol tank with petrol... Talk about confusing terms. :/

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif